I am new to drones this is my first Phantom 3 Advanced
1364 19 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Whe I am set up to fly I click on the little up arrow which brings up th slider, So when I slide accross to activate take off to 1.5 mtrs nothing happens I have to Start up by use of Controler sticks to bottom then have to lift off with use of controller sticks. As a newbe I just want drone to lift up to 1.5 mtrs

Jeff
2017-5-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Yes, you need to start the motors first. Bring both sticks to either the lower outward or inward position, and your motors should start up. Read your manual if you have it or look it up on DJI website. Not trying to be harsh with you, but every new pilot should read through the manual at least a couple of times to understand what is going on, how to do certain things, and what to expect when you give certain commands. Not doing so is a very good way to get yourself into trouble. Don't get me wrong, you have a valid question here. Actually I don't know too many that use the auto takeoff. Not saying it is wrong, but I believe most of us just push up on the left stick to gain altitude and feel like we may have more control. Just saying. Make sure you aren't under a tree or any obstacles that it could rise up into. Be safe.
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I have a P3 Pro and as long as I have Ready to Go and GPS lock and in "P" mode,  it will auto takeoff with the slider...   w/o GPS lock,  it will not auto take off.  Not sure if the P3 Advanced works the same.
Auto Takeoff and Auto Landing

Auto Takeoff
Use auto takeoff only if the Aircraft Status Indicators are blinking green. Follow the steps below to use the auto takeoff feature:
1. Launch the DJI Pilot app, and enter “Camera” page.
2. Ensure the aircraft is in P- mode.
3. Complete all steps on the pre-flight checklist.
4. Tap“Take off icon.png ”, and confirm that conditions are safe for flight. Slide the icon to confirm and takeoff.
5. Aircraft takes off and hovers at (1.5 meters) above ground.
Note:
Aircraft Status Indicator blinks rapidly when it is using the Vision Position System for stabilization. The aircraft will automatically hover below 3 meters. It is recommended to wait until there is sufficient GPS lock before using the Auto Take-off feature.

2017-5-25
Use props
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Many Thanks for your reply but This is my first Drone  and until I get the hang of every thing I just think it would be nice just to get it up in the hover As an im in my 80 s I need all the help I can get, I have read the Manual but cannot see any reference to starting first
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
United States

J.dickinson0432 Posted at 2017-5-25 10:50
Many Thanks for your reply but This is my first Drone  and until I get the hang of every thing I just think it would be nice just to get it up in the hover As an im in my 80 s I need all the help I can get, I have read the Manual but cannot see any reference to starting first

No...   A successful auto takeoff will start the motors for you...
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
United States

No need to start motors...  Auto takeoff will start them for you
2017-5-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-25 11:01
No need to start motors...  Auto takeoff will start them for you

Hey thanks passaytenpete, for straightening him out on that. I shouldn't have open my big mouth! LOL I think I have only tried that 1-time when I first started, and couldn't remember for sure, but thought you had to start the motors first. My bad. Nothing like giving bad advise. I'll remember this one.
2017-5-25
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Do make sure you read the manual well - it's not perfect, but has lot's of good info (and yes, I know you've read it at least once). There's a lot more to this craft, that would not end well, if you find out about it while in the air. Yes, some things are confusing, so if you come across things that are frustrating in the manual, search around or ask here.  Better to test things more and fly less at the beginning, than to have a mishap and not fly till fixed ;)There's a lot of online tutorials, there's also a simulator (crappy, but it's there) in the GO app...  

2017-5-25
Use props
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you all but when I Select the up arrow and then do the slider nothing happens ??
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
United States

J.dickinson0432 Posted at 2017-5-25 13:56
Thank you all but when I Select the up arrow and then do the slider nothing happens ??

Is your flight mode selector switch in the "P" position?
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you sure you're in "P" mode? Could you happen to provide a short video of how you're trying to use assisted take off?
2017-5-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The aircraft is switched on  ? (Push power button on aircraft once quickly and then immediately push again and hold for about two seconds or so).
2017-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Verify you are in P mode with a good satellite lock before trying auto take off.
2017-5-25
Use props
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for suggestions and yes it is in "P" mode the only thing that I can think of is I use  a Galaxy Tablet that I had to Debug before   it would Connect To my controller which it did then.  
2017-5-26
Use props
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any one else using Samsung Huawei Successfully is it would dispel My thoughts Regarding using this instead of Ipad
2017-5-26
Use props
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am amazed no one else is using Galaxy Tablet.???
2017-5-29
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

J.dickinson0432 Posted at 2017-5-29 03:28
I am amazed no one else is using Galaxy Tablet.???

I use a P3P and a tab s but have never attempted auto takeoff. Like others have advised - do manual everything. If you take off with the left stick you have more control.

You always get replies to read the manual, not too helpful. Get a good pre-flight checklist example or the DJI video https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/playlists

Personally I would find a large open area and practice basic control. Best tips - let go of the controls and be amazed at how it hovers. Another tip - If the aircraft is misbehaving and you cant land safely, go up! That gives you more time to figure it out.  

Most errors are pilot induced. Try ATTI mode (when its not windy) - you may need to use this someday when you have issues (although they are rare).

Dont update - thats my personal preference. If its working fine, leave it alone.

Get state farm insurance drone insurance - I have 2 P3Ps insured for loss including crashes and theft for $60/year. This does NOT include liability.

Spend some time just going through all the options on the app without flying. I just added the battery voltage to the main screen that helps monitor when Im pushing the controls too hard or if there are indications I should land immediately. Have fun!
2017-5-29
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
Germany

Hey Ole Man!  Just kidding I'm old myself.  Just learning all this computer stuff at your age is already amazing. Kudos to you my friend. I have found that YOU TUBE is a supplemental Manual for these Drones.  Without it DJI would be in deep dodo!!!!! That's just another ole Mans opinion. Listen to these guys on the forum.  They have all been there done that kinda thing. Happy Flying
2017-5-29
Use props
J.dickinson0432
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks all for advice Always welcome I will just ask again , anyone using GALAXY TAB Sucssesfully with DJI Phantom 3 advanced ???
2017-5-29
Use props
vortecman
lvl.2
United States

I'm using  the galaxy tab A 9.7 on my advanced and I'm not having any problems.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules