director tutorial gal says my edited clip is in the library.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bud
lvl.2
United States

Where is the library?  When I open dji go, then click editor, i finally got my 4 minute movie to be recognized after two weeks of trying. (another story)
I eagerly clicked on"editor" under my p3p page, and there's the page with my movie!  
I figured out how to click the movie and tried the clip button and did some trial and error attempt to discard the front 2 minutes and 12 seconds.  Had no idea if it worked, but went ahead and saved it.
The gal in the tutorial says go to your library and finish up the new movie.  I can't find a library.

All I have is the page that says album at the top and create and and manage then my movie thumbnail on the left side.  Down at the bottom is a lil drone icon equipment, the editor tab, skypixel (no idea what that is), and me.
I'm ready to take the movie to a graphic artist and get the front 132 seconds snipped then i can figure out how to play my little sound track of me talking.

If it were you, how would you remove the 132 seconds.  It would be nice to highlight it, then hit the DELETE button, but that's probably not going to happen.  lol

Thanks,
Bud
2017-5-25
Use props
bud
lvl.2
United States

I forgot to mention that i'm using the Ipad mini 4 that i use as a screen for the RC to edit the footage. (I see no way to edit the post)
2017-5-25
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I absolutely can not follow what you are talking about. But if you are trying to edit a video, the videos are on the SD card that is in the Phantom. Not on the tablet. The video on the tablet is super low resolution and not worth watching or editing. Take the SD card out of the Phantom and put it in a card reader and then into your computer. That is the only way to edit a video that is worth watching. Again, the video saved on the tablet or phone is a really low quality, do not waste your time with it.
2017-5-25
Use props
bud
lvl.2
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-5-25 22:03
I absolutely can not follow what you are talking about. But if you are trying to edit a video, the videos are on the SD card that is in the Phantom. Not on the tablet. The video on the tablet is super low resolution and not worth watching or editing. Take the SD card out of the Phantom and put it in a card reader and then into your computer. That is the only way to edit a video that is worth watching. Again, the video saved on the tablet or phone is a really low quality, do not waste your time with it.

I absolutely don't know what I'm doing, but I did manage to import the 1.9 gig movie from my SD card to the Ipad mini4 and when I can play the 4k video fine.  I've even managed to play with clipping and saving like the tutorial says.  My problem is finding the library to find the clipped file.

One of the many many utubes I've watched mentions that you have to have the p4p and RC and the mini4 all up at the same time in order to edit.  that sounds goofy, but i'll try that when I get to work.

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry that i'm not making the problem clearer, but I'm desperate.
2017-5-26
Use props
bud
lvl.2
United States

bud Posted at 2017-5-26 00:44
I absolutely don't know what I'm doing, but I did manage to import the 1.9 gig movie from my SD card to the Ipad mini4 and when I can play the 4k video fine.  I've even managed to play with clipping and saving like the tutorial says.  My problem is finding the library to find the clipped file.

One of the many many utubes I've watched mentions that you have to have the p4p and RC and the mini4 all up at the same time in order to edit.  that sounds goofy, but i'll try that when I get to work.

I solved the problem but since nobody tried to help me (or could understand my description of it)... I won't tell you the solution.  Suffice it to say, I found a new PC editor, spent 10 bucks, and had the movie with sound in exactly 30 minutes.  I'll post the movie on youtube but not until the corporate contest is over.  1st place 5k, then 10 1k's for the runner-ups. I don't think anybody else shot it with a drone.  hehe

Ok, I will tell you the name of the program but I left it on my office computer and can't remember it.  lol  I'll post it tomorrow but talk about easy... even I did it on the first pass with graphics, transitions, and perfectly synched sound.  Life is good.
2017-5-26
Use props
bud
lvl.2
United States

bud Posted at 2017-5-26 16:14
I solved the problem but since nobody tried to help me (or could understand my description of it)... I won't tell you the solution.  Suffice it to say, I found a new PC editor, spent 10 bucks, and had the movie with sound in exactly 30 minutes.  I'll post the movie on youtube but not until the corporate contest is over.  1st place 5k, then 10 1k's for the runner-ups. I don't think anybody else shot it with a drone.  hehe

Ok, I will tell you the name of the program but I left it on my office computer and can't remember it.  lol  I'll post it tomorrow but talk about easy... even I did it on the first pass with graphics, transitions, and perfectly synched sound.  Life is good.

The name of the editor program for PC is: Power Director Mobile.  It's free but for $10 you get some power features including handling virtually unlimited file sizes.  When it opens, it finds all your movie files and gives you the option of opening with a time line or with a wizard which virtually creates a finished movie with music and super easy snipping out unwanted sections, matching up the music, and with windows directories, easy to find outputted movies. (unlike the ipad mini 4 and director; I never did fin the 'library' where everything was supposed to be located

Hope maybe there somebody else struggling with editing movies on the mac; the power director running on windows was my savior.  

This thread can mercifully go to bed.
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules