Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can someone please respond to this? Blacked out video feed. Help!
2434 30 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SGREEN315
lvl.1
United States

When I go to fly my Mavic, I launch everything correctly, and all is connected properly, but the video feed on my iphone 6 is BLACK. I'm really not sure what the issue is here. I've tried not using the micro-USB cord that came with the RC, and used the USB port underneath, to no avail. I've tried re-calibrating everything, recording/taking pictures and nothing shows up. The drone flies right but I can't see anything via my phone. Screenshot below. Also, the camera/video toggle button on the right intermittedly switches without any reason, and I usually can't record video anyway.

Any one else having these issues on their end, and is there a fix? Do I have to send it back to DJI to fix?

2017-5-25
Use props
SGREEN315
lvl.1
United States

2017-5-25
Use props
jamesw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

Official customer support portal:  https://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-5-25
Use props
SGREEN315
lvl.1
United States

Thanks! Doesn't help that much, but I am now thinking it might be a RC connection issue with the actual aircraft? But in that screenshot above everything looks good...tried toggling the shutter speeds etc and nothing showed up....

I really don't want to send this back cuz from what I've heard it'll take f'g weeks or months to get it back.

Thanks for responding!
2017-5-25
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

you check shutter settings?
2017-5-25
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Has it ever worked?
2017-5-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What DJI GO app are you using? There is the "Go" app and the "DJI Go 4" app. You need to be running the Go 4 app. If you are then check the connections...looks to me that the aircraft info is there but not your camera info...which makes me think of the app.....short of that see if DJI responds. You may want to also post a screen shot of your camera settings. I can guarantee you they and others will ask for the same thing.
2017-5-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

SGREEN315 Posted at 2017-5-25 15:41
Thanks! Doesn't help that much, but I am now thinking it might be a RC connection issue with the actual aircraft? But in that screenshot above everything looks good...tried toggling the shutter speeds etc and nothing showed up....

I really don't want to send this back cuz from what I've heard it'll take f'g weeks or months to get it back.

Doesn't help that much

Maybe not, but I believe jamesw's answer is probably the most helpful one you're likely to get.

but I am now thinking it might be a RC connection issue with the actual aircraft?

Even if that's the case it's likely that it'll only get fixed by sending it back to DJI.

Unfortunately that's true; you're probably looking at a month or more on the turnaround. If you're still within the return period for the retailer you bought it from then you should return it for an exchange. Otherwise I suspect you're going to have to get a warranty replacement from DJI.
2017-5-25
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Note that everything from ISO to Capacity doesn't have a bit of data.

Quick question...  Did you register your drone properly?  One of the side affects of not registering is exactly what you are seeing - cut video feed.
2017-5-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It would seem that your phone is definitely connected so no problem there.
Is there anything covering the camera lens?
Do you have an SD card inserted in the Mavic and is it inserted the correct way?
Go into the camera settings and reset the camera.
2017-5-25
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Remove the SD card and then see if you have a live feed as for some reason if the card is not inserted correctly or is faulty this happens
2017-5-25
Use props
mavicme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35738 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happened to me today.  I had to close the app and reopen.  I should note that I also had my DJI Goggles connected to it so I'm wondering if it cause it.  Never experience it before but then again, I just upgraded to the .700 firmware.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans558007e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67631 ft
Russia

I have the same problem.
Screenshot_20170524-134405.png
2017-5-25
Use props
fans558007e0
lvl.1
Russia

My video to describe the issue.
https://yadi.sk/i/mfeoRdgf3JXDJJ
2017-5-25
Use props
Nelgovsky
lvl.1
Russia

SGREEN315 Posted at 2017-5-25 15:41

it might be a RC connection issue

The problem is not in this. I've tried to test it with RC and with WiFi. With DJIGO4 and with Litchi. The problem doesnt go away.

I think that is a factory defect. But DJI support is answering very long(((

It is interestly what my Mavic has Chinese version and yours has USA version, but issues are same.
2017-5-26
Use props
kazcow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nelgovsky Posted at 2017-5-26 02:48
it might be a RC connection issue

The problem is not in this. I've tried to test it with RC and with WiFi. With DJIGO4 and with Litchi. The problem doesnt go away.

I had blackout this week on .700 as well - had to restart the controller to get video back.

I tried restarting Mavic but that did not help.

Icons said full HD video stream full bars - Mavic was not further away than about 50m total
2017-5-26
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans558007e0 Posted at 2017-5-25 22:38
I have the same problem.

I've seen this issue before when my son turned on his mavic aircraft indoors with very little light and ISO set to 100
2017-5-26
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

What's different is that you are seeing camera settings, whereas SGREEN315's canera settings are all "N/A".  
SGREEN315's screen is showing other telemetry properly received, so I'm guessing the Mavic camera system is disabled.  Can you (SGREEN315) respond to XMAN1's quetions?
2017-5-26
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Also had this happen a few times recently. Restarted the app and controller and problem solved.
2017-5-26
Use props
SGREEN315
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone, I've tried resetting the camera settings and nothing works.

I did get the video feed to work for like 5 seconds, then i switched to video mode, and it blacked out again. Also, the Shutter/ISO etc up top show N/A for everything, then cuts to show 800 100, etc...and goes back and forth.

Thoughts on this?
2017-5-26
Use props
fans9c78a8fe
New
United Kingdom

SGREEN315 Posted at 2017-5-26 12:15
Thanks everyone, I've tried resetting the camera settings and nothing works.

I did get the video feed to work for like 5 seconds, then i switched to video mode, and it blacked out again. Also, the Shutter/ISO etc up top show N/A for everything, then cuts to show 800 100, etc...and goes back and forth.

It still sounds to me like it's the SD card.  If it is one of the new faster one's they are exFAT and cannot be formatted in the Mavic.  Format the card on a regular computer using the full formatting (not quick format) and try it again.  
2017-5-26
Use props
SGREEN315
lvl.1
United States

How do I know if it's exFAT? Which sd card SHOULD i get for this to maybe be the issue? I use a macbook with no sd card port, so need external one to format.

Thanks!
2017-5-26
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem, tried everything. Firmware refresh using DJI assistant 2, app deletion and re install, rebind remote with no luck. I put it down to a hardware defect. I was lucky Apple replaced , unfortunately I ended up with a different video related problem. I sent this to DJI a few days ago, I'm hoping they will turn it around sooner rather than later.
2017-5-28
Use props
DrVonSinistro
Flight distance : 14675 ft
Canada

Happened to me once back when I was using Go app instead of Litchi. Fixed it only by rebooting the Mavic (not the remote).
2017-5-28
Use props
Martin 7
Flight distance : 22772 ft
Poland

Try to switch off LTE data on the iPhone. This should help like in my case. You can also try to fly in airplane mode on the iphone. The third thing is to connect the iphone with its original cable at the bottom of the remoet, do not forget to pull the DJI cable from the side!
2017-5-29
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

Martin 7 Posted at 2017-5-29 00:15
Try to switch off LTE data on the iPhone. This should help like in my case. You can also try to fly in airplane mode on the iphone. The third thing is to connect the iphone with its original cable at the bottom of the remoet, do not forget to pull the DJI cable from the side!

I have had a Mavic Pro now for 4 weeks and have not recorded one aerial video and have only flown up and down three times for a total flying time of a few minutes. The first AC was returned because the Gimbal controller was faulty - 3 weeks to receive a replacement AC which arrived today 8 Sep 17.  Updated the firmware sucessfully but I now have no video displayed on my iPhone 6 Plus. The camera records video and still shots but they are not visible on the phone during recording. All I have is a black blank screen with the square AF box in the centre of the screen.I cannot access the camera features under General Settings and the 3 little slides under the record button don't work and I unableto access manual camera settings. I'm done - this is such a dissapointing experience and to make matters worse DJI informed my by email that part of their quality control procedure they were flight testing my AC before they returned it.
2017-9-8
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

happened to me too ....had to reboot...turned off/on the RC and AC then it worked..
2017-9-8
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-8 04:41
happened to me too ....had to reboot...turned off/on the RC and AC then it worked..

Tried that several times but still doesn't work.
2017-9-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

following this thread.  i haven't had this exact issue but i have similar glitches with not being able to set my feed to HD or smooth im forced to "normal" on both android and iOS version.. and i occasionally loose connection on just the app and not the controller..  i believe that the issues maybe related.
2017-9-8
Use props
sduck
First Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Had a similar thing early on - what was suggested was to uninstall DJI Go 4 and then reinstall it. That worked for me.
2017-9-8
Use props
The Quadfather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

This started with 01.03.1000 firmware- using IPhone 7 plus - not nice at all to experience and I have not seen any real response that DJI takes this seriously - but maybe that's the way they are here on the forum (newbie because of no problems until now)
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules