Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dead Gimbal?
688 5 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae6de894
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1539 ft
United States

Just received my Inspire 1 with X5 purchased used from Adorama. The gimbal is not initialize and there is no video to the remote. The gimbal gives a constant three chirp warning ( sort of a raspy chip) I get a "lens not connected warning" and have seen "gimbal has reach end of Roll" or something to that effect... Ideas?
2017-5-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Are all the pins/connections to the gimbal good?
2017-5-26
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did this happen immediately or have you tried to update the Aircraft ?  If you did an update what version did you try to  load ?  

If you did an update to the Aircraft , did you also update the Transmitter as well ?  

When you hear the chirping , is it because you have tried to  update to the firmware on the aicraft via the SD card ?  If so does it have a beat to it  like this ddd -ddd ddd- ddd -ddd   Or is a solid ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd, that would indicate a failed update .

Also as Mark mentioned , do you have a  good connection between the Camera /gimbal and the vibration board, be sure you are placing the Slot on the gimbal into the /tab on the vibration board FIRST, then lower the two round mating surfaces of the Camera /gimbal  and vibration board being sure to Lock the two together once mated.
If you could get back to us before trying to update, ( if you already have not done so )  it maight save you some grief .

Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter

donnie

2017-5-26
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1539 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-26 04:29
Did this happen immediately or have you tried to update the Aircraft ?  If you did an update what version did you try to  load ?  

If you did an update to the Aircraft , did you also update the Transmitter as well ?  

Thanks all...   I shipped it back to Adorama...  With applied credit towards a new 1 Pro...  They are on close out for just north of $2.8k .    Lets hope the new on is non problematic...   SUcks knowing that if I'd just ordered a new one in the firs place I'd be planning a flight right now...    I am but, its with my old Frankenstein S900 clone...
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-5-26 15:58
Thanks all...   I shipped it back to Adorama...  With applied credit towards a new 1 Pro...  They are on close out for just north of $2.8k .    Lets hope the new on is non problematic...   SUcks knowing that if I'd just ordered a new one in the firs place I'd be planning a flight right now...    I am but, its with my old Frankenstein S900 clone...

Good to hear that Adorama was able to help you out, I'm sure you won't run into the same issue twice.
2017-5-26
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

fansae6de894, you fly that Frankenstein S900 like you stole it! Because when you get your new I1 PRO you will be in heaven my friend. #1 Read, understand and follow the instructions! (NOT the "Quick Start Guide")  #2 If your new aircraft needs to be updated, make sure you download the correctfirmware update for the aircraft and correct camera. Update aircraft first with the R/C turned off. #3 Safety First! Ken.
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules