Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Freezes
2972 5 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikey8567
New
Flight distance : 251562 ft
United States

Ok so I'm sure there are already posts about this but after spending the money I did I'm not too happy. Drone flies fine, but when I start record either by the button on the remote or by the button on the G-PAD pad I am using after about 10-30secs the video freezes. All firmware has been updated to current on the drone and the controler. It's not a distance thing because it can happen when the drone is less then 5 feet from me. After pulling the SD card and checking on the computer it still was recording the video when the screen on the pad was frozen. Also it disconnects too often. I've read posts about the antenna's and they are straight up and down (Not pointed straight out). I even droped the recording resolution down to 1080p (even though the drone can do 4k). The Micro SD cards are PNY 16gig Prime Proformance HD cards with a U1 ultra high speed rating. So it's not the firm ware, it's not the SD cards, it's not the distance, I'm at a loss!
2017-5-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

In almost every case, this freezing of the image on the pad is caused by the tablet itself, it means it is not powerful enough to handle the video being fed to it.

If the recording is not affected, then it is not the card that is the problem either, but you can test this by changing to the card that was supplied with the aircraft. If the supplied card works OK, then you might have reason to suspect the PNY card. I do know that on other cameras, the PNY cards were completely discredited some time back.
2017-5-25
Use props
Mikey8567
New
Flight distance : 251562 ft
United States

Ok I'll check out both the pad and the card as a reference. And go from there. I usually don't have an issue with PNY with other video related stuff but you never know. Thanks for the advice and time.
2017-5-25
Use props
Alex007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456 ft
South Africa

I had the same issues with my Phantom 3 Pro and my Lenovo Tab 3. It worked fine with my Xiaomi Mi Note 3 smartphone. It seems that the Tablet, as someone else above suggested is not powerful enough to keep up with the amount of data being received. I have just bought a Xiaomi Mi Tablet online from Gearbest,com with priority shipping. This tablet is on DJI's approved list of devices to be used with the DJI Go app. I should have it in a week or so and hopefully this will sort the problem out.
2017-5-25
Use props
Philisamalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199465 ft
Thailand

A good thing to note is that you keep control on the bird even if the image is frozen.  But agreed since I use another tablet no more freezing.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mikey8567 Posted at 2017-5-25 16:44
Ok I'll check out both the pad and the card as a reference. And go from there. I usually don't have an issue with PNY with other video related stuff but you never know. Thanks for the advice and time.

In addition to what Geebax provided, try the following button combinations:

Reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I'd recommend manually relinking so that everything still communicates properly:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Keep us posted on how it went.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules