Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Issues
1170 9 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

i recently went threw the DJI Care Refresh program and after many issues they ended up sending me a "New" unit.

Today was my first real flight with this new P4P and I'm having tons of issues.
1. I used to be able to fly miles away without and signal loss, now I'm getting loss within 500-1000ft *using 2.8 over lake, tried 5.8 and getting around same distance...
2. Livestream issues, in my screen it looks great. Unfortunately my friends of Facebook let me know my quality was not the same. Maybe a Facebook issue? I've streamed many times with my old P4P without any issues or dropped of quality
3. When recording on 4k @60fps it clips my recordings, I hit the record bottom to start and stop. But the program must stop and start at a certain GB? I did not notice this before.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you verify if everything is updated firmware wise? What Go app version and mobile device are you using with this aircraft?
2017-5-25
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 20:41
Could you verify if everything is updated firmware wise? What Go app version and mobile device are you using with this aircraft?

Everything is up to date, app is DJI GO 4 version 4.0.

My setup is P4P w/ iPad Air 2 Cellular

I have double checked and everything is up to date with my iPad and drone/all batteries
2017-5-26
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 20:41

My setup is P4P w/ iPad Air 2 Cellular

I have double checked and everything is up to date with my iPad and drone/all batteries
2017-5-26
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.1
United States

Question:
Is it normal for the video to be auto cut into sections?
I only hit record one time, when I lift off and then when I land I hit it to stop it. It shows it has been recording for 12mins for example, but when I look on the SD card it breaks it up into 3 or more videos.
Why?
I have tried different SD cards with the same outcome.
I'm recording at 4k @ 60fsp  
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-5-26 08:44

Are you sure it's v4.0, or is it 4.0.8? Do you see any difference when selecting a customer channel instead of leaving it on auto? If you haven't already, try the following button combinations to make sure that the communication between the RC and aircraft are solid:

Reset the RC of any presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

After that, double check your antenna positions and ensure that your iPad is a little more upright so as not to incur interference with the RF. Make sure that there aren't any additional apps running in the background of the mobile device.
2017-5-26
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-26 09:50
Are you sure it's v4.0, or is it 4.0.8? Do you see any difference when selecting a customer channel instead of leaving it on auto? If you haven't already, try the following button combinations to make sure that the communication between the RC and aircraft are solid:

Reset the RC of any presets:

App Version 4.0.8
App DataBase Version 00.00.01.04
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-5-26 14:05
App Version 4.0.8
App DataBase Version 00.00.01.04

Did you happen to try any of the button combinations I mentioned. Please be advised that the Go4 app did update Yesterday. You can try updating to v4.1.0 to see if there's any difference.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-5-26 08:48
Question:
Is it normal for the video to be auto cut into sections?
I only hit record one time, when I lift off and then when I land I hit it to stop it. It shows it has been recording for 12mins for example, but when I look on the SD card it breaks it up into 3 or more videos.

Sorry I missed that one. Since the SD cards are formatted to FAT32, it's normal for large video files to separate into segments no larger than 4GB. HD or lower resolutions will do the same thing when the video gets too long. UHD ones will split at shoter segments because the 2.7K+ resolutions naturally write as larger files. If you have a SD card that's 32 GB or higher, you can try formatting to exFAT which will increase the GB cap of the file, but not all computers will support an exFAT format.
2017-5-26
Use props
Bnail84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15095 ft
United States

I used to go 3 miles out with a spotter on 5.8.  Now I can maybe go a mile or right under.  Also sometimes my video from iPad to camera in real time turns green and glitches an awful lot.  Everything is up to date.  I even bought the extender to put on the antennas to direct the signal in 1 direction.  My drone seems to get worse more as time progresses.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules