Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What sold you on the Spark?
2068 17 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrismau808
lvl.1
United States

I originally had zero interest in buying the Spark. Watched the presentation thinking I wasnt interested until the moment he showed that it could be controlled with the force...And I guess some jazz hands. And now I'm looking forward to flying the Spark as a Jedi would.
2017-5-25
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I looked with interest but when I found out that it lacked RAW it was a deal breaker.
2017-5-25
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gesture mode is only for photos in case you didn't know, but yea it does look pretty cool to do that basic flying with your hand. Makes you wonder have advanced they can get with that going forward.
2017-5-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I liked the Jedi force moves also

I too was not going to get the Spark as it is taking funds away from my Inspire 2... But I like the idea of a smaller drone to fly with the goggles

Rich
2017-5-25
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

It is really negligent on their part if prop guard is not included in the basic package. Especially when they promote to fly so close to people.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans43fe3452
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

This will be my 1st drone, bought the "single" unit, thought a bit more, and cancel the 1st order, and just re-ordered a combo. For the price and capabilities sounded a reasonable product. Of course, all the "reviews" so far are kind of "biased", since most all the "youtubers" received the unit for "free", fingers Xed was a first buyer good choice.
2017-5-26
Use props
大疆必胜
New

Hong Kong

it;s not too compact vs a folded mavic...
2017-5-26
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans43fe3452 Posted at 2017-5-26 00:07
This will be my 1st drone, bought the "single" unit, thought a bit more, and cancel the 1st order, and just re-ordered a combo. For the price and capabilities sounded a reasonable product. Of course, all the "reviews" so far are kind of "biased", since most all the "youtubers" received the unit for "free", fingers Xed was a first buyer good choice.

Look at it this way,  a $700 quad VS a $7,000 quad...Also, how sick would you feel when it crashes?  
2017-5-26
Use props
AKentphoto
lvl.1
United States

I wanted a drone for a trip to Canada.  Was leaning towards the mavic but this is my first drone and I don't know how much I'm going to use it.  At close to half the price (combo prices) I figured it was a no brainer.  I don't hav a 4K tv or monitor yet so I don't care about 4K and will primarily use it for stills anyway.  Also being my first drone I figure I'm going to crash it...
2017-5-26
Use props
Chrismau808
lvl.1
United States

I think the spark will be great, especially if it's your first drone. I have a P3 advanced that spends all it's time in the closet, I always plan on going here and there to film but with a 5 year old daughter I know I'll end up carrying her at some point which basically makes me say next time. Plus it's time consuming sometimes to get the drone in the air for a quick flight for videos/pics, which is such a huge plus for the spark.

Still would like a Mavic, which will be my next purchase. But I do believe the spark will handle 75% of what I want or do and the P3 can take up the slack. I look at all my family pics and selfies everywhere we've been and it sucks that in almost all the pics or videos someone is missing because they are cameraman. That's the excuse I'm going to use for my wife when it shows up lol.
2017-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I'm really interested in the fact that this bird is able to launch instantly for aerial photography, don't even need phone or remote control. And the fabulous features where ever I go.
2017-5-26
Use props
Tcnole 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23809 ft
United States

I wasn't sure at first. I currently have a Yuneec Breeze, but when I saw the extended range and speed you can get with the RC, I was sold. I only plan on using the drone for quick pics and vids while I am out hiking or exploring. I liked my Breeze, but really wanted a little more range. I don't need to go far but going out a half mile or so would be cool.
2017-5-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The fact that is was a new product from DJI is all I needed to know...
2017-5-27
Use props
Veritas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29127 ft
Sweden

I wanted to buy a drone for a while, but I thought the Mavric was to much an expense. So the spark seems to be a good entry level starting point.

I do a lot of still photography, but also wanted to get into videos, so this was also a good excuse :-)
2017-5-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-5-25 23:39
It is really negligent on their part if prop guard is not included in the basic package. Especially when they promote to fly so close to people.

I said the same thing in a thread I had created the day the spark was announced and was accused of trolling by Tahoe Ed. There's is going to be a ton of lawsuits. if you look at DJI promotional videos all the spark have the guards on but there not going to include them?? In fact The spark should have prop guards on it that can't be taken off, especially with the face recognition hand launch.
2017-5-27
Use props
LeftHandMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226713 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-5-25 23:39

Agreed, and also the same can be said about their marketing video.  Flying over people, indoor at a go-kart facility... Like there's one place that would actually allow you to do that!  That being said, I got this for the fun of it.  Having a 4 Pro for work, and a Mavic for traveling, the Spark will be great for fun family stuff!

2017-5-27
Use props
H.Jelles
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have a Zerotech Dobby Drone for making B-roll video to add to my sports videos. But the quality is not good enough, but the size and simplicity to use are still great. So I was searching for a better Drone that bring in better video quality, really portable,  easy to use and simple to take with you in a small backpack. The Mavic was still in my mind but the quality is that good that I am afraid that for example the MTB day trips will become shorter because the hobby will go to drone flying and not about MTB adventures. I think the Spark fits exactly in that spot of telling my story. Hope it will be true. Take a look at my YouTube channel (Hans Jelles) if you like to see where the Spark will fits in!
2017-5-30
Use props
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Interesting DJI comparison here...wondering if the Marketing Manager for the Spark is a different person than the Mavic, which kinda gets beat up here a bit:  https://store.dji.com/guides/dji ... utm_campaign=buffer
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules