Missing screw
1508 10 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nani of NH
New
United States

Purchased a Phantom 3 standard the beginning of April. My grandson and I have flown it 3 times. The set screw on the gimbal is missing. I wrote to DJI and asked if they could just send me a screw or tell me the size so that I could replace it. "Your 15 day warranty is up. Send it in for repair ".  Can anyone on here please tell me the size of that screw so that I can just replace it and get flying again?  Please?  Thanks!
IMG_1760.JPG
2017-5-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Maybe go to a good hardware store and buy several small mm set screws that are close?  One of them will likely fit
2017-5-26
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

m3x4mm grub screw
2017-5-26
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

"Your 15 day warranty is up. Send it in for repair ". I thought these were warrantied for a year ?.But your right I see no reason to send it in just for that screw.
2017-5-26
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skippy_74 Posted at 2017-5-26 05:54
"Your 15 day warranty is up. Send it in for repair ". I thought these were warrantied for a year ?.But your right I see no reason to send it in just for that screw.

You will have to research the warranty period. If memory serves and I could be wrong because I have never had a DJI warranty issue. I think it is 90 days. The 15 day I have not heard of. That ma be for the Standard due to it being a very inexpensive product.
2017-5-26
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

The gimbal has a six month warranty.  There are no parts listed with a 15 day warranty http://www.dji.com/service/policy  If you don't like the answer you get from DJI, hang up and call back and you'll get a different answer...  they just screw you around and make stuff up as they go.

just buy the part on amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ... eywords=m3x4mm+grub
2017-5-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If that's the grub-screw at top of leg where it sits down onto the mount ... its a standard Metric Hex screw as another says that is 3mm, the Hex driver to tighten is the common 1.5mm Hex driver sold for model Helicopters etc. Any decent hardware shop should have some ...
This one ?

Make sure when you tighten that you press the arm down onto that mount .. it should align OK as it tightens.

Its common that DJI factory fails to fit these correctly - I know of 4 other P3's which had similar to mine where the screw was loose.

Nigel
2017-5-26
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Nigel,thank you for posting that pic and it made me look at mine and I was going to see if it was tight but i'll have to go to a hobby shop and get the driver as I don't have anything that small.After looking closely I did notice there is a flat spot where the screw sets against so it makes it easy and no alignment problems.I suppose a small dab of clear finger nail polish would help in the backing off of the screw ?.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's kind of hard to see which part of the gimbal I'm looking at. Since you contacted Support about this as well, could you happen to provide any ticket or case number that might have been created for you?
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Skippy_74 Posted at 2017-5-26 05:54

I think there was some miscommunication regarding that. There is a 15 day exchange policy, but the aircraft and RC have a 6 month to 12 month warranty period depending on the component.

http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-5-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The grub screw is a common black metal job available from any decent hardware shop. It needs no thread lock or 'nail-varnish' .

A simple matter to just buy and fit. I have a packet of 100 of these because they are the same grub-screws used by wheel collets, brushless motors, helicopter and many other RC items.  

I don't really see need for return to DJI for this.

Nigel
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules