Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Live Feed Help!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamaspilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95535 ft
United States

I am new to the DJI drone arena and have a very frustrating issue. Granted I have seen this issue mentioned numerous times on the forums but I want to list the steps I have taken to make sure I have not missed anything.
I upgraded the AC, RC, and App to the latest versions a little over a month ago. All three upgrades were without incident and showed as latest firmware in the app. Linking was positive and all showed good to go except for one small detail, there was no live feed from the camera although it took beautiful pictures and video that could be viewed from the SD card after the flight. The images, however, are not available for editing within the app itself. Below are the steps and specs.
Phantom 3 Pro
AC FW: v1.10.90
RC FW: v1.8
App: v3.1.5
Devices used: Shield K1, Android Droid Z Force, iPad, Google Nexus (All devices are latest versions)
USB Cables Used: Type C, Micro, Lightning

I have checked all of the cables and tried every trick I can find on the forums and on youtube all without success. The AC flies beautifully in all of the modes and as stated takes great video and still pictures. I truly believe this is a FW issue with the lightbridge connectivity and not a cable, OS platform or anything else that DJI wants to blame it on. If the camera did not take video or pictures then I would say it was in the gimbal/camera but it doesn't make sense that it works fine except for the live feed issue. If I could downgrade the AC back I would do it but according to DJI once you upgrade to v1.10.90 you cannot go back. I have tried downgrading the RC FW all the way back to 1.5 and it has had no effect.

I am hoping someone has a suggestion that will get this to work because I am tired of flying blind. I am hoping they come out with a new FW soon that will resolve this issue.
2017-5-26
Use props
Adamaspilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95535 ft
United States

I now have an update. I pulled the hidden log file from the SD card and found that the issue is the lightbridge board is fried from doing the original upgrade. After some research learned that this is a common problem because of the FW process and that you need to have a fan blowing on the gimbal the entire time the upgrade is in the process. This is something that is never mentioned in the DJI instructions on how to upgrade but should be. I have put a service repair request into DJI and I am hoping it will be covered under a warranty since this is a design flaw and should be mentioned in the FW upgrade process so it does not happen to anyone else.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules