Hangar360 first attempt
1357 13 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Here's my first Hangar360 I did today. They have fixed a lot of bugs  & the images come out great now compared to when I tried it a few  months back when half the images were blurry, dark & wouldn't  stitch.
Awesome app.
Westbury-Sub-Mendip, Somerset, UK

Here's a little planet image I made from the 23 images captured by Hangar360.

Work

Work

2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.
2017-5-26
Use props
PeteH.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199970 ft
United Kingdom

Nice part of the country ! well stitched did you use manual camera settings ?
2017-5-27
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Nice picture...   Will have to try that app out the next flight.  :-)
2017-5-27
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Love this app...    Great technology...

https://viewer.hangar.com/WjGoGWjn
Just used auto camera settings...  4:3 size...     standard jpg format

2017-5-27
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

I did one a couple of weeks ago, worked great but could get it uploaded to facebook. The viewer wouldnt upload or the link. Ended up doing it via ICE
2017-5-28
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PeteH. Posted at 2017-5-27 03:29
Nice part of the country ! well stitched did you use manual camera settings ?

PeteH,
The app sets the camera settings itself, the developers are currently fine tuning this but it's improving. The app will take off from ground, rise to 300ft (their recommended height for best results) take 23 images & stitch the final result together on their servers, once you have transfered images from drone to mobile device, then upload to the servers.
2017-5-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nice one, Taurus.
Here's my first attempt last weekend - it's an area of the Southern Tablelands in NSW, Australia:
https://viewer.hangar.com/l0OnRxrM

For the other posters, Taurus' details in the last post describe the process. It's all in one app with the processing based in Hangar's cloud. All you need to do is start the Phantom, go through a safety checklist, and say 'go'. The craft then just takes off and does what it needs to. The app then asks if you want to keep flying or land. Then later, you can download the photos taken to your device (timing up to you), and then upload to their cloud for processing (timing up to you), then you can choose what do with the result. I posted mine to my Facebook timeline, for example.

The really big caveat, however. You don't own the copyright to what the app creates, not even to the 24 photos taken - nada! That's why you get a link and not the actual spherical pano that's created. So the app is for fun only. Don't use it if you want to own the outcome (to on-sell, put on someone else's commercial website, whatever).
2017-5-28
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-5-28 15:17
Nice one, Taurus.
Here's my first attempt last weekend - it's an area of the Southern Tablelands in NSW, Australia:
https://viewer.hangar.com/l0OnRxrM

Nice capture Punchbuggy, looks great. They work so much better when you try to do a 360 when the sun is more or less above, a couple of hours either side of midday.
Here is one I did this weekend, late in the evening. With the sun low it can cause the stitching to fail on the Hangar servers but can also give some nice effects. The 360 below has one major stitching error over the ocean on the horizon but not surprising I guess.....I still think the app did a pretty good job.

Highcliffe, Dorset, UK

Another little planet from Hangar360 images.

Highcliffe

Highcliffe
2017-5-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot. Thanks for the post.
2017-5-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

taurus35 Posted at 2017-5-29 02:54
Nice capture Punchbuggy, looks great. They work so much better when you try to do a 360 when the sun is more or less above, a couple of hours either side of midday.
Here is one I did this weekend, late in the evening. With the sun low it can cause the stitching to fail on the Hangar servers but can also give some nice effects. The 360 below has one major stitching error over the ocean on the horizon but not surprising I guess.....I still think the app did a pretty good job.

That's very cool! I like how the ocean seems to dissolve into the distance.
How did you do it from the images?
2017-5-29
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-5-29 15:42
That's very cool! I like how the ocean seems to dissolve into the distance.
How did you do it from the images?

I usually use Microsoft ICE which is how I did the top one. This is free software from Microsoft but it had trouble stitching all the images on the bottom one & left out two images creating a big blank area in the ocean. So I used Auto Pano Giga for the second one & that had  no issues with the ocean area.
2017-5-29
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone else feel all this automation kind of takes the fun out of creating pictures...  Where is the artistic input? Driving to the location and pressing the button...   aaah such is life.. :-)  What does Hangar360 get from all this I wonder as the App is free?  Interesting though.. Thanks for sharing.  If I don't get anywhere manually creating one I'll have another look at Hangar maybe.
2017-5-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-30 10:52
Does anyone else feel all this automation kind of takes the fun out of creating pictures...  ...  What does Hangar360 get from all this I wonder as the App is free?  ...

It's handy for the 'quick result' which is fine if you want to quickly post a 360 of a specific location onto Facebook (for example). But you're right - the result isn't perfect (albeit pretty good), so if you're doing it professionally then you'll want to stick with Photoshop etc.

And otherwise, as a mentioned in my earlier post, what Hangar gets is the copyright to all great panos taken with their software. They also get to plug the Autopilot app which they've bought.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules