Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Simple fix for IOS too avoid UPDATE
3522 13 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onetyme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 484357 ft
Puerto Rico

This is real easy at least for IOS users

a. Settings
  b. Cellular
  c. Scrowl down to "Use Cellular Data For"
  d. Locate DJI GO, switch off

a. Settings
b. Privacy
c. Location Services
d. Scroll down to DJI GO - change to "NEVER"

a. Settings
b. Scroll down to DJI GO - make sure cellular and location are off

a.  Settings
b.  Itunes & App Store
c.  Automatic Downloads
d.  Updates - switch off

DONE - End of Story
2017-5-26
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

All true, however.....

If you don't update then your aircraft will eventually operate in a degraded state - no live video feed, short flight distance and height, etc.

I think it is unknown how far back the code is embedded within the earlier firmware that causes the aircraft to operate in the degraded state. In other words, it appears as though they carried out preemptive measure for those trying to skirt the degredation by not updating. It's a real sucker move on DJI's part in my opinion....
2017-5-26
Use props
onetyme
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

If you have never opened up the DJI GO app up until now and you use these settings, DJI GO is unaware that there is update to be made and you can fly as usual with no restrictions or pesky notifications.

I can confirm this as I just flew mine with no problems,  warnings or THREATS..
2017-5-26
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-5-26 10:20
All true, however.....

If you don't update then your aircraft will eventually operate in a degraded state - no live video feed, short flight distance and height, etc.

Huge sucker move I agree....But I'm guessing they didn't apply to the DJI GO app (not DJI GO 4).  If you can find an old version. I'm pretty sure someone can find it.
2017-5-26
Use props
onetyme
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-26 10:31
Huge sucker move I agree....But I'm guessing they didn't apply to the DJI GO app (not DJI GO 4).  If you can find an old version. I'm pretty sure someone can find it.

This is meant for any version of DJI GO or 4.  Im using the latest DJIGO 4 on the second to latest firmware on both Mavic and RC
2017-5-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

All true, however.....

That's kind of a gray area at the moment, I've read if your still on .400 with the mavric then your safe? Time will tell.....
2017-5-26
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

All true, however.....

If you block the app from connecting to bgcentre.com, then change the config file that GO uses to check the firmware version, should be fine. That (probably) makes the only way they could force you to upgrade, by hard coding a specific expiration date in the firmware. I doubt Dji would do that. Blocking is probably not a bad idea right now.

I run android, I finally got a verison of go and litchi that works perfect on android 6. So froze it there. I wish could run those goggles, but oh well. If had screen going black, loss of control, crashing.. Would roid rage Just want to fly and film.
2017-5-26
Use props
onetyme
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-5-26 10:37
That's kind of a gray area at the moment, I've read if your still on .400 with the mavric then your safe? Time will tell.....

Well Im on the latest firmware that is not the forced upgrade version, whichever one that is.  I just upgraded firmware like a week and half ago to the latest
2017-5-26
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

And this is another thing, DJI doesnt appear to have page anywhere that tells operators what the revision history is,  and because the revisions are not locked, and the operator has little control,  really starts the ball rolling as to IF ANY DJI machine can be used Commercially,  as most CAA's expect their drone operators to lock the firmware  ( as i have ) so that no outside influence can upset the aircraft,  and any update is to be thoroughly tested before commencing work,   so i locked mine after the first couple updates at .200,    then again locked it at .400,   maybe i just wish DJI would stop this cat and mouse nonsense and communicate with us all.
2017-5-26
Use props
Pello
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

So did anybody install the new update? i could update now...
2017-5-26
Use props
James Purdon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41506 ft
United States

Pello Posted at 2017-5-26 12:01
So did anybody install the new update? i could update now...

I have not.  I am most concerned about being able to fly in other regions other than where I live, because I bought the drone to use while travelling.

I am not so concerned bout being unable to fly in no-fly-zones,  I have already installed a host of apps for guidence while travelling and try to do enough research to determine whether of not it is legal to bring a drone to my destination.
2017-5-28
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-26 10:36
If you block the app from connecting to bgcentre.com, then change the config file that GO uses to check the firmware version, should be fine. That (probably) makes the only way they could force you to upgrade, by hard coding a specific expiration date in the firmware. I doubt Dji would do that. Blocking is probably not a bad idea right now.

I run android, I finally got a verison of go and litchi that works perfect on android 6. So froze it there. I wish could run those goggles, but oh well. If had screen going black, loss of control, crashing.. Would roid rage  Just want to fly and film.

I thought they did work at .400... That's what I heard the other day.
2017-5-30
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-30 05:08
I thought they did work at .400... That's what I heard the other day.

Running 1.2.9
2017-5-30
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i need DJI Go 4.0.7
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now