Terrible customer service from DJI. Any advice?
1053 19 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7756 ft
United Kingdom

So I received my P3S for Christmas 2016 which was intended for a holiday to Iceland on New Year's Day. I took it for a test flight on New Year's Day and here is what happened.

1. The drone fell out of the sky with know warning and it was not a pilot error (flight records show this)
2. I sent the drone away for repair
3. It was returned with a horrible noise coming from the gimble
4. I sent the drone back again and it was returned again but now with an error "battery cell broken"
5.i have asked for a replacement drone because I don't want it sent back for repair and they have told me that because it is out of the 15day replacement policy that I have to send it back in for repair.

I have argued that this is not fair and I want a replacement but they are having none of it. Can anyone advise me on what I can do now? I don't want to send it back to have it returned without being fixed.

this first started 6 months ago and I still haven't had the opportunity to fly my drone properly. I have emailed asking for to speak with a senior member of management but they will not allow me this simple right.

I love DJI products and was so excited when I got my drone. The experience I am having with DJI is terrible and I would certainly find it hard to recommend them to potential future buyers. I feel that my consumer rights have been disregarded
IMG_1370.PNG
IMG_1366.PNG
2017-5-26
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Your battery is still under warranty, contact DJI and just send the battery back for replacement.    Mean while obtain another battery and fly.
2017-5-26
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is the same battery I have had all along and the error appeared after the 2nd time it was sent back to me. I want a replacement drone I don't want to have to keep getting repairs or replacement parts. I don't think I am being unreasonable. Thanks for your comment
2017-5-26
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also this is a drone which has fallen from the sky and broken. It's been repaired but clearly not to the correct standard which has resulted in me returning it twice.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, have you tried another battery to see if the issue is with that and not the entire aircraft? What readings are you getting from the battery section of the app? What was the case number from the last repair?
2017-5-26
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie - I have borrowed a battery from a friend and the the issue persists. This is an issue that is sometimes intermittent, it will come up with the error one time and another time the error doesn't appear. The compass doesn't like to calibrate sometimes either. Points which I forgot to mention in my post but which have been raised with DJI in previous correspondence. I have attached a picture of my battery readings and the case number for my previous claim was CAS-454127-K7J9R7
IMG_1369.PNG
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansb308cd13 Posted at 2017-5-26 16:05
Hi Jamie - I have borrowed a battery from a friend and the the issue persists. This is an issue that is sometimes intermittent, it will come up with the error one time and another time the error doesn't appear. The compass doesn't like to calibrate sometimes either. Points which I forgot to mention in my post but which have been raised with DJI in previous correspondence. I have attached a picture of my battery readings and the case number for my previous claim was CAS-454127-K7J9R7

You have the latest firmware for aircraft, right?
Fully discharge the battery then charge it again, still the same error?
According to the battery info showing in the picture, it's not working properly. The best course of action would be to send the unit in, we'll take care of it for you.
I've informed your case to the management, will try our best to help you resolve it as soon as possible.
Sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience.
2017-5-26
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia. When I originally asked for a replacement I was told I needed to first drain my battery twice and recharge it to see if the error persisted. I did this and of course the error persisted. I also checked with DJI that the firmware was up to date. I appreciate you referring my case to management this is something I have been asking colleagues of yours to do for the past few days with out any luck via emails. And I appreciate you the sincere apology, all I have been reviewing are automated emails (email templates that DJI frequently use to respond to customers).

The only concern I still have is that I have asked for a replacement product, I would like a reassurance that I will revive a replacement rather than a repair which as you can tell I haven't had a great experience with in the past  
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansb308cd13 Posted at 2017-5-26 22:46
Hi Natalia. When I originally asked for a replacement I was told I needed to first drain my battery twice and recharge it to see if the error persisted. I did this and of course the error persisted. I also checked with DJI that the firmware was up to date. I appreciate you referring my case to management this is something I have been asking colleagues of yours to do for the past few days with out any luck via emails. And I appreciate you the sincere apology, all I have been reviewing are automated emails (email templates that DJI frequently use to respond to customers).

The only concern I still have is that I have asked for a replacement product, I would like a reassurance that I will revive a replacement rather than a repair which as you can tell I haven't had a great experience with in the past

We are following up your case recently, please feel free to let me know if you need further help, thank you.
2017-5-31
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fansb308cd13 Posted at 2017-5-26 22:46

When you discharge the battery, do you discharge it until it turns itself off, or do you shut it down at around 8 percent? I had an issue with one of my P4 batteries a long time ago, left it in the Phantom until it turned off by itself and the battery has been good every since that day (6 months ago btw)..
2017-5-31
Use props
WEJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205276 ft
United States

I had the same trouble with mine falling from the sky but in my case after several weeks they say the "warranty is out" even though the date they show is 8 months before purchase from an authorized retailer (BB).  I wonder if they just don't want to replace and hope I will go away.  Now they have lost credibility.  I also wonder why they sold an extended warranty in what, based on their current position, would be 7 months after registration.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

WEJ Posted at 2017-6-1 11:41
I had the same trouble with mine falling from the sky but in my case after several weeks they say the "warranty is out" even though the date they show is 8 months before purchase from an authorized retailer (BB).  I wonder if they just don't want to replace and hope I will go away.  Now they have lost credibility.  I also wonder why they sold an extended warranty in what, based on their current position, would be 7 months after registration.

Just replied your thread , please check it.
2017-6-1
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia- I have been waiting for about a week now since I posted this thread. Can you please advise me what actions are being taken? Can you email me rather than me having to check this thread all the time. Thanks
2017-6-3
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still waiting for a reply?
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb308cd13 Posted at 2017-6-9 09:04
Still waiting for a reply?

No one contacted you regarding your case yet? I have checked that local department had contacted you before. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, I've informed them to look into it and get an update as soon as possible. We will have someone to contact you for details, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No I have still yet to receive any response. How long is this going to go on for. Summer will be over soon and I want to use my drone!
2017-6-11
Use props
Idders
New
United Kingdom

The service is that I have received from DJI has been the very worst service I have ever experienced in my entire life (I am 58 years old by the way). The incompetence they have demonstrated in dealing with a simple problem is breath-taking. I purchased a high capacity battery directly from the company website and it arrived damaged as it would not charge. I returned it immediately and they then demanded further payment from me for a "repair". It was very difficult to get them to understand that they had sent me a damaged battery and that I was not going to pay them another £38.00. However, after several weeks of back and forth emails and phone calls (which were unintelligable at times), I finally managed to convince them that I was genuine and I simply wanted a replacement battery or preferrably a refund. They flatly refused a refund and finally, yesterday I received a battery. Yes, you've gussed it - the wrong one! They have sent me a standard battery that costs £28.00 and so they now owe me £10.00 which, judging by their history, I will never receive. I am upset, angry and very disappointed. I would never recommend DJI to anyone. In fact I would go further and say that I will henceforth advise everyone I meet, NOT to have any dealings with them. The product is good, but it is let down badly by the aftersales. I am tired of the whole business, but I am now considering venting via YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. My advice - AVOID this company!
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Idders Posted at 2017-6-13 03:36
The service is that I have received from DJI has been the very worst service I have ever experienced in my entire life (I am 58 years old by the way). The incompetence they have demonstrated in dealing with a simple problem is breath-taking. I purchased a high capacity battery directly from the company website and it arrived damaged as it would not charge. I returned it immediately and they then demanded further payment from me for a "repair". It was very difficult to get them to understand that they had sent me a damaged battery and that I was not going to pay them another £38.00. However, after several weeks of back and forth emails and phone calls (which were unintelligable at times), I finally managed to convince them that I was genuine and I simply wanted a replacement battery or preferrably a refund. They flatly refused a refund and finally, yesterday I received a battery. Yes, you've gussed it - the wrong one! They have sent me a standard battery that costs £28.00 and so they now owe me £10.00 which, judging by their history, I will never receive. I am upset, angry and very disappointed. I would never recommend DJI to anyone. In fact I would go further and say that I will henceforth advise everyone I meet, NOT to have any dealings with them. The product is good, but it is let down badly by the aftersales. I am tired of the whole business, but I am now considering venting via YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. My advice - AVOID this company!

Idders, I sympathize with your disappointment and  frustration, and I apologize for the trouble you’ve been inflicted.
Would you please provide the case number to me so that I will help to check what happened and get you up and running again soon?
2017-6-14
Use props
fansb308cd13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still I haven't had anyone contact me from DJI!!!
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb308cd13 Posted at 2017-6-17 04:59
Still I haven't had anyone contact me from DJI!!!

I have informed local team to contact you again as soon as possible, I can't express how sorry we are, please wait patiently, I'd appreciate if you could reply directly to my message next time, there will be a notification so that I will reply in time.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules