Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P controller not updating...arrrrgh
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirSpaceG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7520 ft
United States

I'm doing the initial setup for my new P3P. I think I got the quad updated with new firmware downloaded from DJI but now the "status" says that I need to update the controller.  I've repeated the update process using the DJI Go app several times. No good. Tried the SD method. No good. Read down a few threads and found several others with the same trouble. I tried the C1-C2-Shutter button, etc method. No good.
In addition, the "status" on my display shows that I need to calibrate the compass. I've been doing the drone doe-see-doe dance all over the yard. Unsuccessful.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to verify what firmware version the RC has on it? You should be able to see it in the About section of the General Settings when only the RC is connected (AC off).
2017-5-26
Use props
AirSpaceG
lvl.1
United States

Version 1.8.0
2017-5-26
Use props
AirSpaceG
lvl.1
United States

Could this have anything to do with the firmware to the quadcopter? I ask this because the first thing I did right out of the box was to be sure the latest firmware was loaded.
2017-5-26
Use props
AirSpaceG
lvl.1
United States

I think I loaded the bin file but I'm not completely sure because when I put the P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin onto the SD card and put it into the card slot, turned on the A?C battery, the gimble responded, a green light then a red flashing light came on the little bulb , I got the D..DD sounds, then the light stayed green for the next 45 mins.  I stopped the process manually by shutting off the A/C. The resulting text from the SD card showed "success" on one line. And on the next line it said "abort"  the firmware on the card was the same as on the quad.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules