Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are more Drone regulations coming?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmastro66
lvl.4
United States

Feinstein's proposal. http://dronelife.com/2017/05/26/ ... -state-regulations/
2017-5-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Within 200 feet AGL and within 200 feet of a structure.  Wouldn't be the end of the world.  
2017-5-26
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.1

Canada

That's what some thought when Marc Garneau in Canada went off the deep end in March.  Now anyone that sees a drone in the air calls the cops pretty much.
2017-6-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-5-26 14:55
Within 200 feet AGL and within 200 feet of a structure.  Wouldn't be the end of the world.

It would be for most of the US, it gives the states the power to ban flights over private property. Do you have any idea how far that extends?

Glad I don't live in The Land Of The Free
2017-6-18
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-18 21:15
It would be for most of the US, it gives the states the power to ban flights over private property. Do you have any idea how far that extends?

Glad I don't live in The Land Of The Free

LOL, it was the Land Of The Free before the natives were invaded by a bunch of illegal immigrants...
2017-6-20
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think the idiots in this hobby are going to lead us towards a complete ban in the end
I was reading a thread over on PhantomPilots yesterday, where someone was asking about flying over the Statue of Liberty without permission
It was me that got moaned at by a moderator for calling someone in favour of it dumb - go figure!

2017-6-22
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I agree Kwalter, it is getting to the point where trained and sensible pilots cannot comment on such matters without being criticised. I am almost at the end of my training for the UK PfCO. The amount of infornation I have learned was unexpected, in  terms of air law, safety etc. In the UK the UAV is classed as an aircraft like a Cessna or a 747. Is it sensible to let anyone without training fly these aircraft in congested spaces or controlled airspace?
It is highly possible for the UAV to be banned if safety is not iimproved, or at the very least, restricted to a very few individuals who have a licence, or are ex military or whatever. The regulations on the US side of the pond seem to be declining into a bit of a dogs dinner which i believ many authorities will see as a way of making a $$, rather than a way of proper regulation, safety and enjoyment for all. Fortunately for us here are laws on the matter are quite clear, for the US guys they are much less so now and it is hard to quote laws when they do not exist. Sadly, there are people over here who still quote laws that do not exist but they are the folk who don't like drones!!
I guess I may well be moaned at too for saying these things but I bellieve it is time that we all did as you have done.
2017-6-22
Use props
Xavier1984
First Officer
Flight distance : 1579088 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I think more laws and rules will be coming in few times. For exemple, in my country, Switzerland, the rule is quite easy but there are more and more accidents and flights in a unauthorized area. By the way some laws are in progress for the country !
2017-6-22
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2017-6-22 04:09
I agree Kwalter, it is getting to the point where trained and sensible pilots cannot comment on such matters without being criticised. I am almost at the end of my training for the UK PfCO. The amount of infornation I have learned was unexpected, in  terms of air law, safety etc. In the UK the UAV is classed as an aircraft like a Cessna or a 747. Is it sensible to let anyone without training fly these aircraft in congested spaces or controlled airspace?
It is highly possible for the UAV to be banned if safety is not iimproved, or at the very least, restricted to a very few individuals who have a licence, or are ex military or whatever. The regulations on the US side of the pond seem to be declining into a bit of a dogs dinner which i believ many authorities will see as a way of making a $$, rather than a way of proper regulation, safety and enjoyment for all. Fortunately for us here are laws on the matter are quite clear, for the US guys they are much less so now and it is hard to quote laws when they do not exist. Sadly, there are people over here who still quote laws that do not exist but they are the folk who don't like drones!!
I guess I may well be moaned at too for saying these things but I bellieve it is time that we all did as you have done.

As a just retired photographer (in the news business for over 40 years) I am seriously thinking of PfCO training and certification myself. Not because I think it's necessary, but because I think it's the only way I'm going to get permissions for any serious landscape photography. I'm not interested in doing anything commercial

Most landowners, including the National Trust, just won't give permission to unlicensed flyers

How are you getting on with the training? How many days of training does it take before the examination?
I understand most schools give a money back guarantee if you don't pass (sounds good)

Cheers

Keith
2017-6-22
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2017-6-22 04:09

As a just retired photographer (in the news business for over 40 years) I am seriously thinking of PfCO training and certification myself. Not because I think it's necessary, but because I think it's the only way I'm going to get permissions for any serious landscape photography. I'm not interested in doing anything commercial

Most landowners, including the National Trust, just won't give permission to unlicensed flyers

How are you getting on with the training? How many days of training does it take before the examination?
I understand most schools give a money back guarantee if you don't pass (sounds good)

Cheers

Keith
2017-6-22
Use props
Duchunter
Second Officer
United States

Thank God most bills dont pass, especially given the current political climate. People in their own party cant agree on anything. Not saying it wont pass, im just saying its not likely. The problem is that the FAA is not your enemy but given the recent events in federal court there is no one organization that can make laws for sUAS's so its like the wild west over here. When people realize that the FAA guidelines are not laws and they cant be fined for flying bvlos or at 1650 ft then they will. Nothing bad is ever going to happen to me. I know what im doing. There has to be one body that people will fear repercussions from and a few harsh examples will keep folks in line. There just cant be different laws in different places. It has to be a federal organization that can enforce laws. Local governments will look at this as a way to create revenue. There is already a town in New Jersey that thinks they can restrict you to flying inside your yard only and require a $70 registration fee to do that. I think this bill may just be a way to scare people into a "the lesser of two evils" type of situation where we will be begging the faa to regulate hobby aviation.
2017-6-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-6-22 04:56
I think more laws and rules will be coming in few times. For exemple, in my country, Switzerland, the rule is quite easy but there are more and more accidents and flights in a unauthorized area. By the way some laws are in progress for the country !

I think the Swiss are quite generous with their flying laws and overall far more tolerant than Americans or Brits. I've enjoyed flying there and you are just so lucky to be living in such a beautiful country....
I do notice some new laws since Dec 2016. I think staying away from people is quite important. There are quite a few paragliders and this makes it quite important to be careful about where you take off and fly to.

2017-6-22
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no doubt there will be more regulation, likely to the point of active real time tracking of drones during flight.  As I've said in other forums, as a community we need to "boo" out those that do not fly responsibly.  When people post good looking videos of themselves breaking multiple regulations - the response should not be "Cool video how did you edit it??", it should be a shunning.  Even if that means you get piled on in the thread by all the slack jawed yokels saying "I wouldn't have bought a drone if I had to be intelligent".
2017-6-22
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

It really is a shame that irresponsible users are making life so much harder for people just trying to take beautiful photo/video of the world around them. Now less and less of that world is legally accessible for drone pilots. Camera platforms like those form DJI were supposed to open opportunity for angles and shots of exotic places that were never possible before, but now are thanks to the portability and maneuverability of these devices. I think I'm going to go ahead and get trained for my part 107 exemption. It's the only way I know to be taken seriously and  to make a profit legally.
2017-6-22
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

Privacy or Safety?  What is the true reason for more regulations?
2017-6-22
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.4
United States

2017-6-22
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.4
United States

2017-6-22
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Likely a combination of safety, fear, and control.  Governments like to control things.  Sometimes that is then followed by licensing fees, taxes, and fines.
2017-6-22
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-22 05:25

I too am a retired professional photographer, social photographer though. But I liked to do landscapes. long story, but that is what turned me on to drones. I have been UAV Academy and I cannot speak more highly of them and their tutor. I am not aware of whether they give a money back guarantee though.
It has taken me about six weeks or so, so far, and I have the flight test practical to do.  But getting enough flying time in is hard when the wind will not stop blowing or the rain falling, but I do live in the border of the Lake District..
I would certain.y say do it. I started off just doing the intro and got bitten by the bug. If I work hard enough I am hopeful I can pass the practical. That can be demanding from what I have been told, as is the writing of the operations manual which took a full week on its own, and I do mean a full week.
Happy to help you in any way if I can.
2017-6-22
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-22 05:25

I too am a retired professional photographer, social photographer though. But I liked to do landscapes. long story, but that is what turned me on to drones. I have been UAV Academy and I cannot speak more highly of them and their tutor. I am not aware of whether they give a money back guarantee though.
It has taken me about six weeks or so, so far, and I have the flight test practical to do.  But getting enough flying time in is hard when the wind will not stop blowing or the rain falling, but I do live in the border of the Lake District..
I would certain.y say do it. I started off just doing the intro and got bitten by the bug. If I work hard enough I am hopeful I can pass the practical. That can be demanding from what I have been told, as is the writing of the operations manual which took a full week on its own, and I do mean a full week.
Happy to help you in any way if I can.
2017-6-22
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2017-6-22 12:44

Hi embayweather
Thanks for the offer,  I may be in touch again
What does the writing of the operations manual actually involve?

Keith
2017-6-22
Use props
Xavier1984
First Officer
Flight distance : 1579088 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-6-22 07:37
I think the Swiss are quite generous with their flying laws and overall far more tolerant than Americans or Brits. I've enjoyed flying there and you are just so lucky to be living in such a beautiful country....
I do notice some new laws since Dec 2016. I think staying away from people is quite important. There are quite a few paragliders and this makes it quite important to be careful about where you take off and fly to.

Hi,
Yes exactly ! It's a nice "various country" lake, mountains, snow, warm area. For sure there are some paragliders, balloon, a lot of helicopters.

I hope to share quickly another Swiss video soon :-)
2017-6-22
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-22 12:59
Hi embayweather
Thanks for the offer,  I may be in touch again
What does the writing of the operations manual actually involve?

If you look up the CAA template you will dsicover the headlines. In essence it is to create your working frame work for running your business, flying, safety and all the aspects around using the drone. Mine is 43 pages and needs more adding to it. It did take me a week to create it. UAV could do it for you for a price. In addition you will need cordon fencing, two way radios, first aid ky, fire extinguisher and other things. It is a llot of kit but worth it. Think what happens with full sized aircraft. We are just the same.
Try looking here
www.leicesterdrones.com/blog/Leicester-Drones-Operations-Manua

and here

https://www.caa.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=4294975606

2017-6-23
Use props
SargeAF
lvl.1
United States

I look at it this way, I have several different views on this, much are common sense, but I am not sure I could get them in writing on here
2017-6-23
Use props
Gillega
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for sharing this. I am concern with possible limitation of drone flights based on this and will continue to monitor. I am also appreciative of the references to individuals covered in the article and will now review material on this site more oftne.
2017-6-24
Use props
richard558
lvl.1

India

The drone technology is helping the people in almost every field whether it is security system or agriculture sector. Drones have taken the work productivity to the next level. And there is an interesting thing about drones that there is no qualification or certification required to own and use that drones. But this has led to privacy violations in of the people living in residential areas and they really don't want someone to spy on them. People are registering their property in the no fly zone area to prevent this. http://www.theabsolutereviews.co ... mera-for-sale-2017/
2017-9-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

All you flyers in California remember this when she's up for reelection!
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules