Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro time-lapse tricks
2210 5 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640 ft
United States

Here'a promotion using traditional aerials and time-lapse aerials to promote the use of drones at our television news station.  Most of the time-laspe shots are created from stills.  Since the Mavic will only do interval photos every 5 sec, I have been manual finger tapping the shutter button on GO 4 at a quicker rate(around 2-sec).  I works okay, but it's kind of a pain, especially on longer scenes.  I wish the Mavic would do a faster interaval time since it is obviously capable of it.  Anybody have any tricks for creating cool time-lapse or hyper-lapse scenes?
2017-5-26
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Mine can be set to 2 seconds.  You must be also capturing DNG.  If you are, then it is limited to only 10 seconds.
2017-5-26
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Film in 4k and time lapse in post
2017-5-26
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640 ft
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-26 13:03
Mine can be set to 2 seconds.  You must be also capturing DNG.  If you are, then it is limited to only 10 seconds.

You're right, it is every :10sec. I was remembering it as :05 but neither is fast enough with fast moving clouds etc.   Yes, I shoot in DNG so I have as much info as possible in post.  I've never had a problem with the Mavic or card keeping up with my manual tripping of the shutter, which makes me wonder why DJI doesn't allow for a 2sec. interval in DNG.
2017-5-26
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

awesome vid man thanks for sharing.
2017-5-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

what about using tripod mode and just speed up in post?
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules