If you far sighted you will have a PROBLEM using the goggle
5451 16 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I received my 2 googles and I tried both of them and with both am having problem reading the letters and numbers with and without my glasses. Eveything is blurry, double print, really annoying.

Like everyone else said, the screen is good, there is bleeding light on the left /right / bottom but the scrteen is big enough and clear enough with all the information but I fyou are far sighted save your money.

I will be returning both of them. Really dissappointed!

Remember the Fallen!

2017-5-26
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

ouch...but with the prescription glasses on I don't understand why will not be clear....
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

daivatam Posted at 2017-5-26 15:09
ouch...but with the prescription glasses on I don't understand why will not be clear....

Really weird. Mine are progressive so I can use them up 2 to 3 feet away from the computer screen and I bought two googles in case one is bad then I don't have to wait forever to get another one but both have the same issue.  All the letters and numbers are displayed doubled. Moving the goggles lenses left to right did not help either.

I don't know if it is a defect or there is other adjustments that need to be done but I don't want to wait beyond the 7 days period.
2017-5-26
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

I think your problem is that your current glasses are progressive, the curvature or your lens might be messing with the intrinsic dioptries of the Googles. Maybe you should try with non-progressive glasses
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

AACY Posted at 2017-5-26 16:29
I think your problem is that your current glasses are progressive, the curvature or your lens might be messing with the intrinsic dioptries of the Googles. Maybe you should try with non-progressive glasses

I use the same glasses with FAT SHARK goggles and I don't have any issues. The progressive percentage is minimal at 5%.

95% coverage of the glasses is for the same distance / strength and only 5% on the bottom which doesn't have much effect when I am looking straight in the middle of the glasses.
2017-5-26
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
China

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-26 16:48
I use the same glasses with FAT SHARK goggles and I don't have any issues. The progressive percentage is minimal at 5%.

95% coverage of the glasses is for the same distance / strength and only 5% on the bottom which doesn't have much effect when I am looking straight in the middle of the glasses.

I understand now better, thank you for your explanation. Have you tried adjusting the focus wheel I had seen that the DJI Googles have a similar focus system as in the Samsung Gear VR Googles. Maybe that could be, or you already probably tried it already.

Cheers!
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

AACY Posted at 2017-5-26 18:42
I understand now better, thank you for your explanation. Have you tried adjusting the focus wheel I had seen that the DJI Googles have a similar focus system as in the Samsung Gear VR Googles. Maybe that could be, or you already probably tried it already.

Cheers!

Yes I did but did NOT help at all. It's a shame. I was frustrated with the FAT SHARK because they were lower resolution. But DGJI goggles connect beautifully with the mavic but Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2017-5-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got mine today,  I am having a problem with brightness. They came turned up to about 80% and the screen was pretty dim and the color was washed out. Turned it up to 100% and still not much better. What are your thoughts about the screen color and brightness?

Watching the demo videos are fine...  but the video downlink is not that great , meaning color and brightness
I might be sending mine back.

I wish the menus would be adjustable into SAE too.
Rich
2017-5-26
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
China

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-26 18:45
Yes I did but did NOT help at all. It's a shame. I was frustrated with the FAT SHARK because they were lower resolution. But DGJI goggles connect beautifully with the mavic but Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ohhh gosh!! Very sorry to hear that. It would be nice to have the same system as in the fatsharks where you can place in your own dioptries onto the Google and use without glasses.
2017-5-26
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You need prescription reading glasses most likely.  What I don't know is if there is a distance they should be optimized for.  I have an older pair from a couple of exams back.  They got me close, but because my eyes have changed it's just a tiny bit off.  After I get my prescription from my eye doctor I will get cheap Walmart prescription readers for $28
2017-7-31
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the diopters in my FatSharks...in the goggles my prescription glasses are worthless...I went to CVS (drug store), took my goggles with me and sat down in front of the reading glasses display. I turned on the goggles and tried the different ones..like 2.5, 3 etc. I ended up with the 3 which is much stronger than my prescription glasses...mainly because they were for reading a book....but because the image in the googles is so much closer than a book you might just want to go that route...several of us have...not perfect but until someone comes out with diopters for the goggles this is really your only remedy. And I got them for $9 and they were having a special buy one get one free....
2017-7-31
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-31 18:01
I use the diopters in my FatSharks...in the goggles my prescription glasses are worthless...I went to CVS (drug store), took my goggles with me and sat down in front of the reading glasses display. I turned on the goggles and tried the different ones..like 2.5, 3 etc. I ended up with the 3 which is much stronger than my prescription glasses...mainly because they were for reading a book....but because the image in the googles is so much closer than a book you might just want to go that route...several of us have...not perfect but until someone comes out with diopters for the goggles this is really your only remedy. And I got them for $9 and they were having a special buy one get one free....

Check out Focus-fixers.com.  They sell snap in lenses for the Goggles.  I'm getting prescription reading glasses (+2.25 left eye, +3.00 right eye) and they also fix my astigmatism.  I'll report back if they work.
2017-8-5
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-8-5 06:35
Check out Focus-fixers.com.  They sell snap in lenses for the Goggles.  I'm getting prescription reading glasses (+2.25 left eye, +3.00 right eye) and they also fix my astigmatism.  I'll report back if they work.

Thx Bill! Keep us posted.
2017-8-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just got my prescription READING glasses and they work fine.  All is clear and sharp.  However, unlike my older pair of reading glasses I chose a larger frame and it pushes into the soft part of the goggles and lets some light in.  The tighter fitting frame flush to my head did not do that.  So I may spring for another pair, but so far when I used them the light was not noticeable with them powered up and getting live view.
2017-8-13
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

https://www.focus-fixers.com/

Focus-Fixes.jpg
2017-8-13
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Thx Nelson!
2017-8-13
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

You are welcome Sir.
I also already ordered one pair and waiting the shipping.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules