Active track problems
1193 3 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Recently I tried using Trace mode, active tracking, with the drone circling my vehicle. It would orbit the vehicle as long as it wasn't moving, but when I started to move, even very slowly, the drone would circle around to the front, then lose the target and stop. Or it would start spiraling out farther and farther until it was too far away to track the vehicle, and then stop.
I also tried using Profile mode tracking, and it would start out fine but then suddenly swoop in towards the vehicle, just missing it, then stop.

What's causing these behaviors?

FYI, the area I was flying in at the time was about a quarter mile away from some high voltage power lines. Could that have anything to do with it?

2017-5-26
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

My active track was odd today, but for a different reason.

One of the two times it did actually work it almost trimmed my hair, the other time it raced off about 200 feet away and just hovered
2017-5-26
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Panaceabeachbum Posted at 2017-5-26 17:29
My active track was odd today, but for a different reason.

One of the two times it did actually work it almost trimmed my hair, the other time it raced off about 200 feet away and just hovered

Yeah, that was another thing that happened to me. The Mavic would start to follow, then either stop in place, or drift off a ways and then stop, but the camera was still tracking me like it had suddenly switched to spotlight mode or something.
2017-5-27
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Regretfully, these actions are somewhat normal and not caused by outside interference. It appears that if you move any faster than walking speed with motion the Mavic gets confused.

My best advice is to keep you finger on the mechanical "cancel" button on the left side of the display at all times during any automated moves.

Mike  
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules