2517 9 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wonder if the Spark uses the DJI Snail Racing Propulsion Motors?  Anyone know?

2017-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

That would be interesting.
2017-5-27
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

I believe they are not the same. Quick look at the ESC used for the snail system could give a good hunch base on the battery used for the spark. Maybe they are an iteration of the snail system. Even by comparing flight times they are quite different systems.  
2017-5-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

No, it's not the same tuned propulsion.
2017-5-27
Use props
ekolik3
New

Turkey

i have dji snail motors... what happens if i connect them to spark by removing the current ones? As far as i see, esc is under the motor in spark and i can directly connect snail motors. By using 6 or 7" props (may be extending the arms a little) am i going to able to fly with long flight time ? is this a good idea or not ?
2017-8-10
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ekolik3 Posted at 2017-8-10 14:06
i have dji snail motors... what happens if i connect them to spark by removing the current ones? As far as i see, esc is under the motor in spark and i can directly connect snail motors. By using 6 or 7" props (may be extending the arms a little) am i going to able to fly with long flight time ? is this a good idea or not ?

Why don't you try it out and let us know how it works.
2017-8-10
Use props
ekolik3
New

Turkey

it is just a plan, what do you think about its feasibility?
2017-8-11
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

ekolik3 Posted at 2017-8-10 14:06

Well, you will have to re-program the flight computer as the extended arms will affect flight characteristics.
2017-8-11
Use props
ekolik3
New

Turkey

is it possible to program flight computer ? i actually can not decide whether it is a reasonable attempt or not
2017-8-11
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

ekolik3 Posted at 2017-8-11 09:49
is it possible to program flight computer ? i actually can not decide whether it is a reasonable attempt or not

I think I read somewhere that the Spark OS was an Android variant. I would think someone that is fluent in Android would be able to hack it.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules