Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro Shut off and crashed into the ground. Broken
2068 18 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans05dd09ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1473 ft
United States

Been waiting all week to finally get my Mavic so I could fly it. Took it out to a nice open park and flew it for a short period of time. Batteries were at 97%, had 18 satellites connected, and then out of nowhere it just shuts off. All the lights on the Mavic shut off, the propellers stopped, the remote controller said "Disconnected" and then the Mavic crashed to the ground.

I purchased DJI Care. I just hope I can get this device repaired and returned and hopefully whatever malfunctioned fixed so I can enjoy this beautiful piece of hardware/software.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I thought the Mavic would at least have a safely return to home feature rather than just shutting off. Must have been an actual power related issue.

Really sad, though.

2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Faulty Battery?
2017-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You should upload your flight log here, http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ there have been others with similar, if this was a malfunction then it should be covered by warranty. You should also sync your flight to dji cloud and start a case. Hope it didn't suffer to much damage.
2017-5-27
Use props
SadOwnerOfMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31132 ft
Poland

It sounds a lot like my case, which was warranty covered. Must have been a faulty batch. Send the aircraft and controller to the DJI, but before you do so, get the .dat file from the aircraft through DJI Assistant app and send it somewhere so we can analyze it
2017-5-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We feel so sorry for the accident you have with the drone. Could you please sync your flight records then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.us@dji.com, we’ll create a case for you.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans05dd09ad
lvl.1
United States

I uploaded the flight log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ADEW66MI5O7M5V68QLV0/

And I submitted a ticket now.

Thank you for responding, guys, I really appreciate it. Glad to know it isn't just me that's had this issue.

Hopefully I can get my Mavic back by this coming weekend. I wanted to use it so bad.
2017-5-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like your battery wasn't all the way in or it was defective? Download your logs so we can see.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans9f98368d
lvl.1
Indonesia

My mavic crash from 200 meters height after it got a blank vision and move backward for a while.
My battery still 95 percent when it happens. So many damage in my drone.
How do I get help to claim my guarantee. I'm from Indonesia. There's no DJI region "Indonesia" in selected bar.

Will DJI care to my problem??
This my phone number for DJI admin 081266688926 or 085830999920.
I have footage of the crash.

2017-5-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans9f98368d Posted at 2017-5-27 07:50
My mavic crash from 200 meters height after it got a blank vision and move backward for a while.
My battery still 95 percent when it happens. So many damage in my drone.
How do I get help to claim my guarantee. I'm from Indonesia. There's no DJI region "Indonesia" in selected bar.

So sorry for the crash accident. Since you are from Indonesia,  please sync your flight records then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support@dji.com, we’ll create a case for you.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansea37cd69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60856 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-27 18:10
So sorry for the crash accident. Since you are from Indonesia,  please sync your flight records then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to , we’ll create a case for you.

We have just had exactly the same issue. Crashed from 2m away and hit the ground breaking an arm and dislodging camera. Devastated. Controller said disconnected and weirdly when the battery hit the deck the battery did dislodge. Could it be the battery not seating firmly enough and vibration working it loose.
2017-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

fansea37cd69 Posted at 2017-5-29 09:20
We have just had exactly the same issue. Crashed from 2m away and hit the ground breaking an arm and dislodging camera. Devastated. Controller said disconnected and weirdly when the battery hit the deck the battery did dislodge. Could it be the battery not seating firmly enough and vibration working it loose.

That may not be the reason, battery can dislodge on impact.

You should first sync you flight log to dji cloud and start a case.

If you want to put your flight log up here you can by going to , http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow instructions and then come back here and post your link. You might get some answers.
2017-5-29
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-29 09:32
That may not be the reason, battery can dislodge on impact.

You should first sync you flight log to dji cloud and start a case.

Batteries can also seat themselves on impact so all those that claim the battery was seated properly don't really know . Occam's razor comes to mind in these power loss crashes .
2017-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-29 10:00
Batteries can also seat themselves on impact so all those that claim the battery was seated properly don't really know . Occam's razor comes to mind in these power loss crashes .

Yeah that's right, the more assumptions you make and all that..
2017-5-29
Use props
fans05dd09ad
lvl.1
United States

Good to know I am not the only one that is having these exact same issues.

Hopefully DJI handles this efficiently. I really want to enjoy this purchase.
2017-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans05dd09ad Posted at 2017-5-27 02:23
I uploaded the flight log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ADEW66MI5O7M5V68QLV0/

And I submitted a ticket now.

Everything in your flight log looks fine, no warnings AC just dropped out of the sky, dji will be able to tell more from your dat file. But looking at your PH log everything is fine and log is cut off when power went.
There have been some similar cases here over the past while. It's not pilot error, and your AC should be covered by warranty.
Good luck..
2017-5-29
Use props
Leslie.drew
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hate reading stuff like this mine comes today hope it is all sorted quickly
2017-5-29
Use props
Philip 83
New
United States

My motor  says it is overloaded and or obstructed how do I fix this what do I do please help
2017-6-3
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Mine comes Monday hope it doesn't suffer this problem!
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Philip 83 Posted at 2017-6-3 06:43
My motor  says it is overloaded and or obstructed how do I fix this what do I do please help

When does it say that when it's on the ground or in the air?
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules