2284 15 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

The new update for the app says it adds a new dynamic RTH feature which automatically and continuously updates the home point based on the remotes position by using the remotes GPS coordinates.

I just got back from the beach after trying with and without the extra GPS unit on the remote. I don't see a setting anywhere.

For those curious, I tried selecting the remote as the new home point to see if it would update after that, it doesn't.

Anyone from DJI here who can tell us where to activate this feature?

Thanks much!!!
2017-5-27
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have you updated the RC's firmware? Also says that fw. 1.1.010 is needed
2017-5-27
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-5-27 05:06
Have you updated the RC's firmware? Also says that fw. 1.1.010 is needed

Yup, RC is updated.  Maybe its awaiting i2 update as well... just thought I'd throw it out there to share and others to comment...
2017-5-27
Use props
Wihr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 373018 ft
Netherlands

If I remember correctly the remote doesn't have a GPS inside of it and you'll need to buy the additional GPS Module for the remote before being able to use this feature.
2017-5-29
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wihr Posted at 2017-5-29 10:08
If I remember correctly the remote doesn't have a GPS inside of it and you'll need to buy the additional GPS Module for the remote before being able to use this feature.

If you have GPS on your tablet or phone it should work, but if not I think you are right in that the optional GPS receiver is needed.
2017-5-29
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Definitely need the remote xtra GPS unit installed on the R/C
2017-5-29
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Wihr Posted at 2017-5-29 10:08

Hey guys, did you read my post.  I said that I had the extra GPS installed on the remote already... Maybe you didn't see that bit.... anyone else have any ideas?
2017-6-2
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

My understanding is that you do not need the GPS add-on. According to the DJI Go 4 update announcement it uses your "controller's GPS data". What do they mean by "controller"? The remote controller? The mobile device? Hopefully someone from DJI can clarify for us."
  • Added the dynamic home point feature, which will update your home point automatically based on your controller's GPS data.
"

Capture.PNG
2017-6-2
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just found this in the app, if you swipe to the left just above the the camera or video select icon, you get 3 options and can then set the  GPS module connected to the remote to dynamic home point to on. I just found this but have not tested it.

File 2017-06-02, 9 25 44 PM.png
File 2017-06-02, 9 40 14 PM.png
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-6-2 05:09
My understanding is that you do not need the GPS add-on. According to the DJI Go 4 update announcement it uses your "controller's GPS data". What do they mean by "controller"? The remote controller? The mobile device? Hopefully someone from DJI can clarify for us."
  • Added the dynamic home point feature, which will update your home point automatically based on your controller's GPS data.
    "

• You shouldn't need the add-on, but I'll double check with the development team. Just as an extra precaution, like the other units, the success should also be improved when using a mobile device that has GPS data as well.
    2017-6-2
    Use props
    DJI-Jamie
    DJI team
    Flight distance : 112405 ft
    United States

Just to get a little more information, were you using a mobile device that also has a built in GPS module? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you were not able to find the function at all, or was it that you had selected it and it did not work? What Go app version were you running?
    2017-6-2
    Use props
    nzfritz
    lvl.2
    • >>>
    Indonesia

Thanks epicjib. Maybe that has come on a recent update since I originally posted. Have been away for awhile so will check it out again...
    2017-6-15
    Use props
    nzfritz
    lvl.2
    • >>>
    Indonesia

I still don't see what you see...
    2017-6-15
    Use props
    raven4
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 86194 ft
    United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-6-15 21:23
    I still don't see what you see...

I notice that this feature is available only with the A/C turned off. Once the A/C is turned on, swiping to the left doesn't work.  IOW, I have to turn on the RC and GO4 v4.1.2, swipe the Go4 screen, set my RTH choices(turning on the GPS device) then, turn on the A/C.
    2017-6-16
    Use props
    Viper Pilot
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 31644 ft
    United States

That is really wierd!!!!!  Why did DJI implement it that way???
    2017-6-16
    Use props
    raven4
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 86194 ft
    United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-6-16 07:44
    That is really wierd!!!!!  Why did DJI implement it that way???

prolly a bug
    2017-6-16
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules