Cannot Calibrate Phantom 4
1730 11 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdea41348
New
Canada

HEllo all. This is my first thread here. Hope you are all well.

Today, I was noticing that my Forward Obstacle sensor systems were throwing out errors constantly, and looked up how to fix it. By calibrating the drone using the Assistant 2 program.

I boot up the program (DJI Go 4 And the P4 Firmware is up to date), and go to calibrate, but the program tells me to reboot the drone, so I do this. When it reboots, it keeps asking me to reboot the drone, and thus, I cannot fix the forward Obstacle sensor system.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

2017-5-27
Use props
fansdea41348
New
Canada

These are the steps I have taken in an attempt to fix this issue:
~Refreshed firmware
~Reset to factory defaults
~Used different battery
~Rebooting the PC and Drone
2017-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdea41348 Posted at 2017-5-27 11:45
These are the steps I have taken in an attempt to fix this issue:
~Refreshed firmware
~Reset to factory defaults

You could try re-installation of Assistant 2 on your PC, ensuring that the driver installs. Might be an idea to temporarily disable any antivirus scanner until installation is completed.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansdea41348
New
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-27 12:09
You could try re-installation of Assistant 2 on your PC, ensuring that the driver installs. Might be an idea to temporarily disable any antivirus scanner until installation is completed.

No such luck The program still tells me to reboot the drone.
2017-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdea41348 Posted at 2017-5-27 12:35
No such luck  The program still tells me to reboot the drone.

Which version of Assistant 2 are you running ?

It sounds like a odd question, but there is a latest versions available in the P4Pro downloads section.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansdea41348
New
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-27 13:16
Which version of Assistant 2 are you running ?

It sounds like a odd question, but there is a latest versions available in the P4Pro downloads section.

V1.0.9, the latest version.
2017-5-27
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I had a very similar problem on my P4.   Kept getting forward sensor errors and it was difficult to calibrate using DJI Assistant. Usually, the calibration would fail but even when it worked, the forward sensor errors kept reoccurring. I also tried all the same remedies that you have tried but none resolved the issue. I sent a private message to one of the DJI forum reps to ask if there was a known solution but he didn't even bother responding so I eventually took it back to the place I purchased it and they were excellent. After some testing, they confirmed that there were some significant issues. They returned it to DJI and I was supplied with a new drone in less than a week. The new drone is working perfectly.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansdea41348
New
Canada

JockC Posted at 2017-5-27 14:42
I had a very similar problem on my P4.   Kept getting forward sensor errors and it was difficult to calibrate using DJI Assistant. Usually, the calibration would fail but even when it worked, the forward sensor errors kept reoccurring. I also tried all the same remedies that you have tried but none resolved the issue. I sent a private message to one of the DJI forum reps to ask if there was a known solution but he didn't even bother responding so I eventually took it back to the place I purchased it and they were excellent. After some testing, they confirmed that there were some significant issues. They returned it to DJI and I was supplied with a new drone which is working perfectly.

Problem is, My drone was bought online, for my birthday in October....
2017-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdea41348 Posted at 2017-5-27 12:35
No such luck  The program still tells me to reboot the drone.

Try V1.1.0-2 from Here

This is the one listed in the P4Pro section, it may not help, but might be worth a try.

I assume the front and bottom obstacle avoidance cameras are clean, no smudges or specs of dust on the front glass ?
2017-5-27
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

if you using WIN 10, you must start the assistant as an admin! Even if you are logged into Windows as Administartor!
2017-5-28
Use props
fansdea41348
New
Canada

No such luck still Updated Assistant to V1.1.0-2 and tried to run the program as an admin. the &aposlease Reboot Aircraft' loop is still persisting.
2017-5-28
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

update firmware by dji assitant
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules