Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS doesn't connect in WIFI mode
1621 8 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

Hi all,

I tried wifi mode this afternoon with no joy...  It shows "Signal Lost" despite being connected to a bunch of satalites.

Then I tried connectin with the controller and all was well... (note in the pic below I tried to take off and that message popped up, so I screen grabbed with that incase it helps)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what...  any thoughts?

I am running iphone with the latest (4.1.0).  I hadn't got around to trying this before the update happened.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

connected via wifi

connected via wifi

connected via controller

connected via controller
2017-5-27
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

That screen is not telling that it's lost satellites, it's telling you that it's lost WiFi signal between the Mavic and your mobile device. I would have to assume that there was significant WiFi interference around you. Also, if the Distance reading on the screen is accurate, the Mavic was 6m away from you. Were you standing a fair distance away, with windows/walls in between?
2017-5-27
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-5-27 20:20
That screen is not telling that it's lost satellites, it's telling you that it's lost WiFi signal between the Mavic and your mobile device. I would have to assume that there was significant WiFi interference around you. Also, if the Distance reading on the screen is accurate, the Mavic was 6m away from you. Were you standing a fair distance away, with windows/walls in between?

no, I was maybe 2 meters away.

I assumed wifi was fine because the video streaming was perfect.
2017-5-28
Use props
fans9c0857cb
New
Flight distance : 505 ft
United States

Having the exact same issue. Posted up in Mavic Pilots too.

Perfect WiFi signal strength on iPhone and iPad (have tried both), no more than 3 feet away from Mavic, and it keeps blinking "Signal Lost". Before upgrade to latest firmware, I was at least able to take off, but it kept going into "Auto-Land" mode.

Following thread.....
2017-5-29
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Looks like you're not alone, and it seems like it's probably a glitch in the newer software: http://forum.dji.com/thread-97913-1-1.html
2017-5-30
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

mcg Photo Posted at 2017-5-28 13:57
no, I was maybe 2 meters away.

I assumed wifi was fine because the video streaming was perfect.

Unfortunately wifi bandwidth is questionable at best regardless of the version. Yes - newer ones are a bit better but still it is rather iffy to be honest.

The signal lost message relates to your control of the craft. Video stream is separate from the control stream - therefore two streams are problematic with newer firmware versions. Why? Good question - this would have to be answered by the guys who did the coding and beta-testing. Only DJI can tell and they normally don't go into such details.

One more note - with GPS you are not connected to any satellites. What you have in any GPS is a receiver, there is no transmitter. The GPS satellites send in their constant message their position and all the ephemeris data of the system and based on that your GPS receiver calculates your position. Just to clear up the topic ;-)

Cheers!
2017-5-30
Use props
fans7446bdf3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1984918 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-5-30 05:36
Unfortunately wifi bandwidth is questionable at best regardless of the version. Yes - newer ones are a bit better but still it is rather iffy to be honest.

The signal lost message relates to your control of the craft. Video stream is separate from the control stream - therefore two streams are problematic with newer firmware versions. Why? Good question - this would have to be answered by the guys who did the coding and beta-testing. Only DJI can tell and they normally don't go into such details.

It's iOS DJI GO 4 ver.4.1.0 issue, I had try to downgrade firmware to .600, .550 and there is not working.
But it's work while I roll back the DJI GO 4 APP to 4.0.8.
2017-5-30
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

fans7446bdf3 Posted at 2017-5-30 23:37
It's iOS DJI GO 4 ver.4.1.0 issue, I had try to downgrade firmware to .600, .550 and there is not working.
But it's work while I roll back the DJI GO 4 APP to 4.0.8.

Well - there you go. App coding (and/or drone coding). Happens ;) I understand you must have your reasons because I would never even try to control the craft via wifi - too unreliable in my opinion. Anyhow best of luck with it.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans7446bdf3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1984918 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-5-31 04:48
Well - there you go. App coding (and/or drone coding). Happens ;) I understand you must have your reasons because I would never even try to control the craft via wifi - too unreliable in my opinion. Anyhow best of luck with it.

Yes, most of flyer need to fly high and long range, but sometimes just take some fast shots while hiking, wifi connection will faster than setup RC to take off.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules