Charging battery P1 - 1 year later
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
morpou
New

Brazil

Hi friend,

I have Phantom 1 and it was stoped for 1 year, today I tried charge your battery original but I cant, I dont Know if problem is charger or battery. Should I stay like this for hours?

PS: When I put battery in Phantom, it turn on led and works propeller.

Video for help understand

2017-5-27
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmmm, that's one I haven't seen before and there is no description for those LED conditions in the Battery and Charger Instruction.  Without knowing the battery condition prior to going into long storage (preferably a partial discharge to around 20%) it anybody's guess how well it will hold a charge.

Two recommendations:  
1) Spend around $15 for a LIPO battery/cell checker so you can determine the condition of the individual cells as well as the total voltage.

2) Relative to the battery price of the Phanton 2, 3 and 4's, the Phantom 1 is pretty cheap.  Just buy a spare battery (or two) for around $25 each rather that risk flying with an iffy battery.  
100_1372 LiPO Btry Checker.gif
2017-5-27
Use props
morpou
New

Brazil

Hi Gil,

thanks for support.

I will say how I solved my problem and was easy.

I left battery connected for  approximately 3 hours until it blinked green, balanced and fixed the charge.

Thanks also for suggestion of Capacity Checker Digital. I just ordered one now.

PS: I was only used 2 times the battery, and I think this helped solve the problem.

Very thanks.
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules