New 4 pro
1215 9 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Just got my 4 pro my older tablet seems to not connect with either drone or controler or older 5 iphone .  Controlar does move gimble but will not turn motors on. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated seems I'll be also purchasing a new tablet  best advise on this?
2017-5-27
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Please provide us wit the tabler type and explain in details your connection issues. Ipad MINI4  and higher works well Android people can help you with their suggestions!
2017-5-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you activated the Phantom?  (registered it with DJI)  That's an essential step and nothing will work without that.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-27 20:12
Have you activated the Phantom?  (registered it with DJI)  That's an essential step and nothing will work without that.

No have not seen instructions on that I watched hours of videos on first start up never seen anything about registration with dji. I do have a dji account and have downloaded the dji go app. I think my tab and phone are just to old for the software but still don't understand why I can start the motors without an app
2017-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansc9476f58 Posted at 2017-5-28 18:36
No have not seen instructions on that I watched hours of videos on first start up never seen anything about registration with dji. I do have a dji account and have downloaded the dji go app. I think my tab and phone are just to old for the software but still don't understand why I can start the motors without an app

The problem is you cannot start the motors without registering the aircraft with DJI, and to do that, you need the Go App working on the tablet. So, first you need to get a suitable tablet, then begin from there. Choose one from this list for best results:

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

2017-5-28
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-28 18:44
The problem is you cannot start the motors without registering the aircraft with DJI, and to do that, you need the Go App working on the tablet. So, first you need to get a suitable tablet, then begin from there. Choose one from this list for best results:

Ok thanks so much I'm not sure which way I'll go new tablet or just send back and go with the pro plus I've read about all kind of tablet connection problems
2017-5-28
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-28 18:44

Ok thanks so much I'm not sure which way I'll go new tablet or just send back and go with the pro plus I've read about all kind of tablet connection problems
2017-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansc9476f58 Posted at 2017-5-28 19:02

To be honest, I would not go with the P4P+, as you cannot load other third party control apps to it, and from what has been reported on here, it is just as prone to crashing as any other tablet. If your flavour is Apple, then try a mini 3 or 4, or if Android, try a Nvidia Shield.
2017-5-28
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info looks like both have issues I've requested a return for the pro and purchased a pro plus if I still experience problems guess I'll wait for the problems to be resolved. I'm surprised at the cost dji haven't figured out these issues. Hoping that I've not made a big mistake with choosing the 4. I'd heard and read great reports but so far disappointed
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansc9476f58 Posted at 2017-5-28 18:36

I can't account for your tablet, but the iPhone 5 (not the 5S, I'm assuming) isn't fully compatible. Connection with that would be a hit or miss. Just to clarify for you, the activation looks like this:

If you did this part, then it may have been something else.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules