k1 end of life, alternatives?
948 3 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DvDza
lvl.1
Bolivia

Hello im new here, my p4p must be arriving in a week or so and im searching for a tablet to use it with, Ipads are off the table due high price and the lack of gps which I need (and Im not really an Apple guy).
I was about to shop a k1 nvidia tablet at Amazon but the prices are way too damn high (500$+), Then search for it on ebay ( 350$+ used).

On reddit someone contacted custom service and they answered that the product is in end of life, so no more tablets will be maked.

What are another popular android tablet for dji products that are not listed in the very very very outdated list? (also planning to use litchi, etc)
So far I only get that the 1st gen xiaomi Mi Pad would do the trick because it haves the same exact hardware than Nvidia shield but is as rare and outdated as the k1,  what about other tablets?

Sorry for posting another "best tablet for phantom" but I did search in the forums and things are a little confusing since dji decided to make 2 different apps for p4- and p4+ drones, and the lack of k1 tablets from now on makes it worse.

Also if there are some other good candidates that need some dirty work im fine with it, tech savvy person here.
(sorry about poor english, not my mother tongue)

2017-5-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

' Ipads are off the table due high price and the lack of gps which I need (and Im not really an Apple guy).'

Regardless, the iPads are among the most reliable devices to use on a Phantom. And they do have GPS, you just need to buy a cell version, although you do not have to have a cell plan or service. I bought mine from a pawn shop at a good price. Oh, I'm not an Apple guy either.
2017-5-28
Use props
Andrezaslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412641 ft
Lithuania

Ipads are off the table due high price and the lack of gps which I need (and Im not really an Apple guy).

I am totaly not apple guy, and didnt even consider buying Iphone or other Apple product. But... as much i like Android, I must say the stability of IOS is even annoying.  I bought Ipad mini 4 , just  to use with my P4P. Dint have a single crash ever.    I still say to all my friends that the Ipad and Apple is totaly worthless bricks, but to my self I must agree that IOS works just about perfect to compare to any android device
2017-5-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Third vote for an iPad Mini 4 or similar. I personally never used Apple products aside for this one for my DJI quad. I have purchased Apple products for my children but typically never for myself. I simply do not care for the operating system, the UI, nor the lack of a dedicated iTunes-free file system. However (again), since purchasing the P4P, I've almost been forced to go with a late model Apple product for best compatibility. Investing in one might be your best choice for some foreseeable time, unfortunately. BTW, loved my K1 too!
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules