found a drone. how do i find the owner?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtbfzero
New

United States

a couple of weeks ago a phantom 3 advanced came in low crashed into the front of a house then fell into the street nearly hitting a woman playing with her child.  a call to dji support yielded no help in locating the owner.  a call to the faa was also no help.

the crash occurred on telegraph hill in san francisco.  there was no memory card installed in the gimbal.  there is a lengthy sequence of letters and digits which i assume to be an faa registration number written in blue marker on top of the drone.  the battery popped out and one of the props broke in the crash.  the model number is w322b.

does anyone have any suggestions as to how i might return this thing to it's owner?
2017-5-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Thanks for starting the thread!  If the owner is lucky, he'll see it and PM you.  Otherwise...

My understanding is, you're supposed to turn it into the nearest police station.  The police will then contact FAA and FAA will provide them with the name and address of the owner via the registration number.  From there, the owner may get is drone back but he also may get in trouble.  
2017-5-28
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

You need to file a police report about the incident and give them the drone. The FAA says all of SF is restricted air space so this guy was illegally flying his drone and almost hurt a mother and her child.
2017-5-28
Use props
djiuser_PTrB1LYx7oWe
New

Israel

I just found a Spark drone on the that crashed during a stormy day in the Herzelia beach in Israel. Is there a way to let the owner know?
2020-2-8
Use props
djiuser_PTrB1LYx7oWe
New

Israel

Same happened to me today:  I just found a Spark drone on the that crashed during a stormy day in the Herzelia beach in Israel. Is there a way to let the owner know?
2020-2-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_PTrB1LYx7oWe Posted at 2-8 12:03
Same happened to me today:  I just found a Spark drone on the that crashed during a stormy day in the Herzelia beach in Israel. Is there a way to let the owner know?

No, there is not. The owner's details are known by DJI but they do not reveal them to anyone.
2020-2-8
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

djiuser_PTrB1LYx7oWe Posted at 2-8 12:02
I just found a Spark drone on the that crashed during a stormy day in the Herzelia beach in Israel. Is there a way to let the owner know?

If you can get the attention of a moderator, they have helped people in the past.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=188231

2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules