633 1 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc11a29c
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys,

So quick rundown of my now useless 1300 investment:

I took my Mavic on a trip recently and was able to fly it a handful of times, then out of nowhere it started freaking out on me and now won't fly at all.
It began with a gimbal issue that happened during a flight where the camera was very jittery and shakey creating unusable footage, I landed and ran a gimbal calibration, took off same issues, cut to an hour later trying to fly again and I received a host of "Magnetic interference" and "Calibrate compass" red error warnings followed by "Can't take off" messages - all the while my friend with a Mavic 10 feet away from me was able to launch with no issues.

Cut to trying to fly back at home at a spot that I fly at all the time - all of the sudden same messages except one time I was able to get it to fly only to get Magnetic interference and compass errors mid flight (about 20 seconds in flight). This caused the drone to start drifting erratically and almost went full speed into the side of a mountain (barely dodged powerlines), luckily I managed to land it.

I went home, restarted, ran calibrations and took off from my balcony - same thing ended up happening, erratic flying with minimal control, drifting left and right - almost lost the drone in the ocean but managed to land it half a mile away in the only safe place there was to land (and drove to retrieve).
I'd also like to mention that the GO 4 app crashes every single time at some point during flight as well (Samsung S7 Edge with Nougat).

I'm really bummed out as I have missed some amazing opportunities on my trip and since my trip last week. :/

Any ideas what is going on? I have a DJI Mavic ND filter on the camera as well...don't think it's causing any issues but might as well mention it. I am ready to warranty this sucker and if can't be fixed sell it and look to another manufacturer if I have to.

2017-5-28
Use props
uspstracking
New

India

You can Track your shipments and couriers via USPS Tracking - Track USPS Hold Mail, Priority Mail,Packages,Shipping - USPS-Tracking.com
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules