Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
naza v2 drift when using the rudder
1019 1 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Hello - I'm new to making custom builds - so forgive me if I have used incorrect/unclear terminology.

I'm finding an odd behavior in my new custom drone when-ever I use the rudder. In GPS mode (IOC: Off), whenever the drone turns in a general direction (via the rudder) it will drift towards that direction and forward (a sideways motion) - sometimes a bit more aggressively than I would like. Also, when turning, it seems to turn back slightly from it's original heading - I have to use the sticks to get it to stop - then it will eventually hold like a champ.

The build is as such:
920KV / 30 SimonK ESC / F550 / Naza V2 with GPS (which is on a vibration damping pad) / 10" props (I think 35 pitch?)
- The compass is facing fwd

What I've done:
Calibrate the compass
Calibrated the IMUs via the assistant software
Ensure the GPS measurements were close enough (since it doesn't allow .'s in the input - they should allow mm)

I'm wondering if anyone could shed some pointers on to why this happens - I think I need to calibrate the controller too? It seems like whenever in the assistant software the AETR seem to wiggle a litte.

One last thought is I am wondering if the battery is a bit off center - which could be causing this?

2017-5-28
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

The more i debug this, the more I think it's an issue with the controller
See the video for what I mean about the Futaba 10J controller wobble:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgSdzIM-F2m8i707JEyqnelP-o8FSQ

2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced