Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FW .700 and DJI GO 4 upgrade experiences
1339 16 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Another upgrade, another opportunity to see what fixes and new issues result.
I upgraded last night and went out for a flight.  I noticed 2 issues...

1) I'm now getting sporadic lag on the video feedback to my iPhone.  This occured at a relatively short distance compared with previous flights along the same route.  I'll be using my iPad at some point and will try the same route to see if there's the same issue and report back.

2) Under Flight Records, in the Footprints section, 2 flags have been added, for countries where I've not flown.  I posted separately about this, here.  

Anyone else noticing differences with the new releases?
2017-5-29
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Unfortunately with every update the android version gets worse and worse ......................

I got my Xperia Z Ultra working with GO4 with only rare crashes but after last update it started to crash over and over again even before flight.

First the video transmission is laggy for almost 15-20 seconds as well as flight commands via smartphone-screen (gimbal up/down), sometimes after closing the app and switching off MP and RC and firing it up again I just get a fully blurred pixelated image ....................

When finally flying (after 2-4 restarts), after 10 minutes the Video-transmission gets laggy again and commands are not transmitted from the phone.

Above all: after last update, when firing up the RC with the phone connected, GO4 does not autostart anymore ...................

I completely lost my faith in this drone-system and will sell it ......... At the beginning it was so much fun and now it is a complete desaster ................ a pure waste of money I could have spent better in a more reliable drone-system ......................

Shame on You, DJI, shame on You, to deceive Your customers like this ......................... {:4_154:}
2017-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-5-29 00:31
Unfortunately with every update the android version gets worse and worse ......................

I got my Xperia Z Ultra working with GO4 with only rare crashes but after last update it started to crash over and over again even before flight.

Well hopefully you will be honest about its problems when selling it on!
2017-5-29
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Your phone is from end 2013. The lag you say, seems to be a performance issues with your phone. I tested an older phone I had laying around and it just lagged insane. So using my own Galaxy S6 which hasn't crashed once...
2017-5-29
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Austria

Nees Posted at 2017-5-29 01:11
Your phone is from end 2013. The lag you say, seems to be a performance issues with your phone. I tested an older phone I had laying around and it just lagged insane. So using my own Galaxy S6 which hasn't crashed once...

Yeah, I know, but it worked in December nicely, when I got my MP, but with every update it gets worse and worse ....................

AND: with the NOTE 4, which is on the official list of compatible phones, it does not work at all, at NO time, even when the Note 4 is completely wiped clean and only GO 4 running !
2017-5-29
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-29 00:53
Well hopefully you will be honest about its problems when selling it on!

I will explain, that my experience with smartphones Xperia Z Ultra and Note 4 was a bad one ................ MP and RC are working flawless from the beginning, it is ALWAYS only the Android software that causes problems, so maybe a future owner of my Mavic might have to go for an iPad mini or so .................
2017-5-29
Use props
GMG
Second Officer
France

Ouch!  So sorry to hear that.  
2017-5-29
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-5-29 01:26
Yeah, I know, but it worked in December nicely, when I got my MP, but with every update it gets worse and worse ....................

AND: with the NOTE 4, which is on the official list of compatible phones, it does not work at all, at NO time, even when the Note 4 is completely wiped clean and only GO 4 running !

Hi, you're right that such problems shouldn't be there. Unfortunately for all - they are. It actually takes only a moment of figuring out proper settings in the app to make the lag go away (like switching off local cacheing and sound recording for example). On my friend's Note 4 all runs well after that - never an app crash. Therefore - I'd say you've given up too quickly ;-) Just my 2 cents. Cheers!
2017-5-29
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

I flew yesterday an entire battery.. it was steady and worked very well! honestly seems the best so far 0700 + latest Dji go!
2017-5-29
Use props
GMG
Second Officer
France

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-5-29 09:09
I flew yesterday an entire battery.. it was steady and worked very well! honestly seems the best so far 0700 + latest Dji go!

Bucefalo, for the sake of others, can you confirm what OS and hardware you're using?
2017-5-29
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068848 ft
United States

2017-5-29
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

GMG Posted at 2017-5-29 10:33
Bucefalo, for the sake of others, can you confirm what OS and hardware you're using?

sure android 7.1.2 Oppo r7 Plus .. everything is working finee with these last updates !
2017-5-29
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.4
Australia

I continue to be one of the lucky ones, I think. I updated the app, then before getting a chance to test it, I had to drive nearly 650 kms from home on a work trip. I thought about re calibrating the compass but since the app showed everything to be normal, I just flew anyway. Had no problems at all. I flew further away and much higher than I have before. Used RTH numerous times. The only little problem I seem to have is that I need to re-level the gimbal during some flights to get a level horizon. No big deal. I have a slight suspicion the Taco-RC ND filter may be causing that, but I really don't know for sure. Can't see how it would?

I'm using an iPad Air 2, latest ios, latest app, FW .700 and i always use the iPad in airplane mode. Although, when I first got the Mavic I was using an iPhone 7 Plus with cellular, wifi and bluetooth all turned on. I had no problems at all but got spooked after reading too many horror stories here. Now I just play it safe and make sure nothing is running in the background.

I think the other reason I've had no problems so far may be that I usually only fly in fairly remote parts of Western Australia, well away from any populated areas. I have only ever had a few warnings of interference, and they only lasted a few seconds.
2017-5-29
Use props
Bond006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-5-29 01:26

Had the same issue with Android Auto in my Audi, and the Galaxy S5, after 3 years it was so slow and latency so bad,  It was useless to use.  I purchased a S8+ and now when connected to the Audi's USB port, it is on instantly.  The S5 would take about 4 minutes, however, not when I first brought it.  DJI APP, when they update and add more features, it will place a stress on your mobile phone.
2017-5-29
Use props
GMG
Second Officer
France

Managed to get a few flights using the iPad today. No issues with latency. I suspect that my iPhone 6 — which I mentioned earlier was having lag issues — is showing signs of age (as I've had issues with its ability to smoothly run other applications).
2017-5-30
Use props
LRSR50
lvl.1
Thailand

I will be updating mine this weekend to the latest greatest as they say. I use 2 Phones, an S6 Edge and a S7.  Up to this point both have worked without an issues at all.

At some point I will uninstall all apps on the phone except for the loaded ones that I cannot and use the S6Edge  exclusively for the Mavic.
2017-5-30
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-5-29 09:09

same here - iPhone 7

2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules