Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
help needed - gimbal and camera problems
1456 5 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickaerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398566 ft
Australia

Hey evryone
I purchased a Phantom 4 refurbished back in Februrary and until a few months ago I was pleased with the quality. However, more recently some problems have started to show up:

1. Many times when turning on the drone, the gimbal fails to initiate and hangs limp. This has been an inconvenience for me on many occasions and I have seen videos where this has happened mid-flight. this is happening more now than before
2. Often while flying, the gimbal will abruptly shift into another position without me touching anything. I have contacted DJI about this, and even after an IMU, compass AND gimbal calibration this still happens and ruins some of my shots.
3. Even with manual white balance switched on (as suggested), there are many times where the camera's exposure will pulse when shooting video, moving from light to dark frequently once again without user input. checking histogram levels in FCPX also proves this to be the case

has anyone else experienced these problems? and can anyone from DJI help me out?
thanks in advance

2017-5-29
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

I experienced this upon lift off this past weekend and after a reboot it was normal again... gimbal was just hanging downward

I will monitor it, waiting for the CS Ultra Wednesday

It was almost like the software didn't finish loading upon boot
2018-2-19
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You could try a factory reset of the drone then reload the update if that doesnt help you may need to contact dji support and get a case started.
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_23LP9eJIxnSB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196699 ft
United States

I have an issue where the Gimble Motor Overload came up during a flight.  Brought it back and re calibrated Gimble and IMU, No improvement,  downgraded firmware and still getting overload.  One month out of warranty on the Gimble.  Shakes left and right. This happened about 30 minutes of flying time on two flights after a firmware update.  Never had a problem before on any flights since last July.  Anyone have any suggestions?
2018-4-30
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_23LP9eJIxnSB Posted at 2018-4-30 03:34
I have an issue where the Gimble Motor Overload came up during a flight.  Brought it back and re calibrated Gimble and IMU, No improvement,  downgraded firmware and still getting overload.  One month out of warranty on the Gimble.  Shakes left and right. This happened about 30 minutes of flying time on two flights after a firmware update.  Never had a problem before on any flights since last July.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having a similar problem.  Everything indicates normal except the gimble status alternates between Normal and Overload and the camera yaws back and forth.  I was kidding a buddy who messed his up by flying with the foam thing on so maybe this is karma getting back at me....
2018-5-6
Use props
MandyW
lvl.1
United States

Oldav8tor Posted at 2018-5-6 12:23
I'm having a similar problem.  Everything indicates normal except the gimble status alternates between Normal and Overload and the camera yaws back and forth.  I was kidding a buddy who messed his up by flying with the foam thing on so maybe this is karma getting back at me....

I’m having exactly the same problems. Been flying it (P4P) for about two years.never had a problem with gimbal or camera until last week. Did you ever get a solution?
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules