Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Cell Error
18142 24 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexcannas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28038 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

On Saturday I took the Mavic out for a flight. Just when I tried to launch I get a "BATTERY ERR" on the remote control and a "Battery Cell Error" in the DJI Go4 app. It wouldn't let me turn on the engines, so i switched battery (have the Fly More Combo). After flying with the other batteries I reinstalled the problematic one, but it still gave me the error. I tried to follow some of the tips on the forum, I drained it to 0% by charging 2x mobile phones and a tablet and then charged to 100% to reset it. But I still get the error. The app reports that the middle cell has a lower voltage than the other two (see attachment).

I am looking at a battery replacement?

Screenshot

Screenshot
2017-5-29
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 258186 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like a warranty claim to me since only 7 charge cycles. I assume the battery is less than 6 months old?
2017-5-29
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes, it is... Bought the Mavic in late March, so it's just a couple of months old.
2017-5-29
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

That center cell is off.  You have a defective battery.  All cells should be reporting similar numbers and that center cell is far below the other two.

I would not fly that battery.  If that center cell gives up, your voltage could drop to a point where the aircraft could fall out of the sky.
2017-5-29
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact support. They may or may not want that battery back. It is faulty.
2017-5-29
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

You can't fly it even if you wanted it. It won't allow you to turn on the engines. Good safety feature.

I did contact support, but I'm waiting a reply... Let's see how it goes
2017-5-29
Use props
MacPap
lvl.3
Greece

Interesting to see how they will respond...
2017-5-29
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

You should keep a log of total capacity of the battery too. My experience with T48 is that they deteriorate rather fast. Your flight time will as a result shorten fairly quickly. Make sure you check it often and you can still claim warranty if it does not fare well. All DJI batteries are fairly expensive as compared other LIPO batteries. So do expect to claim warranty if they do not perform.
2017-5-29
Use props
fans16cdaea9
Flight distance : 311417 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd add to the thread. I'm also having the same issue. Purchased the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo and the battery which came with the Mavic is throwing the cell error (Haven't even used it). Fly More Combo batteries are fine.
I've sent in a support request so we shall see what happens.
2017-5-30
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I guess I could not be spared from the typical DJI support responce: I just got an email asking me to reattach my invoices, describe the faults etc. per email, which you already do on the online form. I can even log into the Zendesk system and see that all the information is already there, but whatever... Let's see what they do next. I will most certainly not accept to send in my aircraft for them to replace the battery.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans16cdaea9
United Kingdom

alexcannas Posted at 2017-5-30 11:19
I guess I could not be spared from the typical DJI support responce: I just got an email asking me to reattach my invoices, describe the faults etc. per email, which you already do on the online form. I can even log into the Zendesk system and see that all the information is already there, but whatever... Let's see what they do next. I will most certainly not accept to send in my aircraft for them to replace the battery.

I got the same email, asking for proof of purchase, serial numbers of everything, etc. etc.
They then approved my support request and I got sent a UPS returns label. No other response. I assume I just send the faulty battery.
I will continue to update you on the progress of the issue.
Not sure how long it will take to send the battery to the Netherlands, and for DJI to send me a new one.
Taken about a week so far for the toing and froing with zendesk support.

Good luck with your support request!
2017-6-6
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks! I sent mine last Thursday. DJI received it on Tuesday (UPS tracking). Waiting for the official status update.
2017-6-7
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully DJI would replace your battery.
2017-6-7
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Got a message that they will replace it. I'll get the shipping number early next week!! Went pretty smoothly to be honest.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans16cdaea9
United Kingdom

I dropped off my faulty battery on the Tuesday 6th June with UPS and it arrived in the Netherlands at DJI on Friday 9th June.
I was informed when it arrived at DJI and I was able to follow the shipping progress.
DJI accepted the exchange and shipped the new battery on the Monday 12th June from the Netherlands back to the UK. Estimated delivery Wednesday 14th June.

It's been a pretty smooth process with shipping also being pretty quick given it's travelling overseas.
I will give one more post once I receive the new battery.

I hope other people's faulty battery exchanges are successful!
2017-6-12
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Got my new battery on Friday!! This was a new  unit in sealed retail packaging.

After upgrading the firmware, did a test flight and all was good and normal.

Overall a positive experience!!
2017-6-18
Use props
fans16cdaea9
United Kingdom

alexcannas Posted at 2017-6-18 07:06

I also received my brand new sealed battery! I can confirm the process ran pretty smoothly.

I'm glad you received your battery too @alexcannas
2017-6-20
Use props
LloydC
New
Australia

Whilst looking for a solution to why my battery has stopped taking a charge and keeps reporting a cell error, what caught my eye in this discussion, my battery is also reporting only 7 charge cycles. Coincidence or a batch problem?

Anyway, whilst I am in Australia, I purchased mine from China, so I guess I am out in the cold on getting a replacement.

2017-8-26
Use props
LloydC
New
Australia

LloydC Posted at 2017-8-26 15:15
Whilst looking for a solution to why my battery has stopped taking a charge and keeps reporting a cell error, what caught my eye in this discussion, my battery is also reporting only 7 charge cycles. Coincidence or a batch problem?

Anyway, whilst I am in Australia, I purchased mine from China, so I guess I am out in the cold on getting a replacement.

Further to my post, I went and took a look at the battery data on the app whilst connected to the Phantom and I can see all 4 cells and the all up voltage is just over 16V, so this seems to indicate that all cells are fine, but yet the app keeps reporting a cell error and to land very quickly. It also includes a note of running the battery down and then re-syncing the flight data????

Most unusual.
2017-8-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

alexcannas Posted at 2017-6-18 07:06

Great news and thanks for sharing your experience.

Your old battery center cell was to far out of balance for the DJI intelligent circuit to correct. You can  see my post over in the Inspire section on what I found for my battery out of warranty (6months).
Link to thread
Rich
2017-8-26
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to add rule of thumb for LIPO batteries is never drain it to 0% (correct me if im wrong), been around LIPO batteries for a while (RC cars, planes etc) and I was always told by veterans is never to run them down to 0%.

just my $.02  
2017-8-26
Use props
LloydC
New
Australia

LloydC Posted at 2017-8-26 15:48
Further to my post, I went and took a look at the battery data on the app whilst connected to the Phantom and I can see all 4 cells and the all up voltage is just over 16V, so this seems to indicate that all cells are fine, but yet the app keeps reporting a cell error and to land very quickly. It also includes a note of running the battery down and then re-syncing the flight data????

Most unusual.

According to the manual, the third flashing led, flashing twice per second whilst on charge indicates an overcharge has been detected. How is this so, the same charger with charge my second battery just fine, so it would imply there is a fault with this battery.
2017-8-26
Use props
fans12f5fa0b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98914 ft
Spain

Hi,
I get a “BATTERY ERR" on the remote control and a "Battery Cell Error" in the DJI Go4 app. I tried to follow some of the tips on the forum, I drained it to 0% and then charged to 100% to reset it, I updated firmware ett, etc but I still get the Battery Cell Error. It is a battery that I have barely used it so I do not understand how it could don't work.

2018-1-14
Use props
Jack Atherton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, same problem with me on DJI Mavic Pro. I drained until 0% and make sure it had no juice left to even turn on the lights. Once done, I fully charged it and it’s now back working again, all voltage identical between the cells. Very happy!
2019-11-11
Use props
Jack Atherton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jack Atherton Posted at 11-11 02:01
Hi, same problem with me on DJI Mavic Pro. I drained until 0% and make sure it had no juice left to even turn on the lights. Once done, I fully charged it and it’s now back working again, all voltage identical between the cells. Very happy!

Just to give you an information, if an Intelligent Battery has been stored for a long period without being charged or discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid excessive voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells are damaged.

To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform this routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules