Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Not Functional After Extended Storage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2a6f8c3a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

1#
   I put my drone away after a trouble free flight close to a year ago,  and  then moved and just did not have a need to use over  last  winter.  Pulled it out, charged batteries and controller and now  nothing  connects.  When I connect controller to Ipad mini, Go app looks  fine but when I  hit power on controller it gives me four white lights,  but no status  light, and after a second or so, it just shuts off.

Putting fully charged battery into drone gives me same  result.  Battery  gives me full green charge bars, and then just shuts  itself off.

Completely undamaged when stored, firmware was updated at that time.

Any idea what has happened, thanks for responding

Chris
2017-5-29
Use props
Philisamalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199465 ft
Thailand

Hello have you tried re-linking the RC in remote controller settings ?
2017-5-29
Use props
fans2a6f8c3a
lvl.1
United States

Philisamalo Posted at 2017-5-29 05:57
Hello have you tried re-linking the RC in remote controller settings ?

The controller will not stay powered long enough to connect to anything.   Hit power, get four white lights, and a second later it powers off.  I get no status light at all, no green red or anything

Thanks
2017-5-29
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2a6f8c3a Posted at 2017-5-29 06:40
The controller will not stay powered long enough to connect to anything.   Hit power, get four white lights, and a second later it powers off.  I get no status light at all, no green red or anything

Thanks

I know this is probably silly but are you using proper RC startup procedure ?

You press power button once  till the 4 white light appear and then press button again and hold till  the four white lights all light up left to right, and you get a tone and a red or green light left of the 4 lights, depending on if your drone is powered up or not.

Really not trying to offend you, just trying to establish if you are actually powering up the RC.
2017-5-29
Use props
fans2a6f8c3a
lvl.1
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-29 07:27
I know this is probably silly but are you using proper RC startup procedure ?

You press power button once  till the 4 white light appear and then press button again and hold till  the four white lights all light up left to right, and you get a tone and a red or green light left of the 4 lights, depending on if your drone is powered up or not.

Doh!!!

It has been so long I forgot the drill.   Controller now alive.

Thank you

Chris
2017-5-29
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

fans2a6f8c3a Posted at 2017-5-29 12:16
Doh!!!

It has been so long I forgot the drill.   Controller now alive.

Good read Tmygun, I was about to ask him if was powering up the battery correctly.
Fans- After a long period of time with no flying, I always run through the manual again, its amazing just how many of the little tips I tend to forget,& reading  the  manual again, I have  a "Oh yea, I remember now" moment!
Good Flying!
2017-5-29
Use props
Woffski
lvl.3
United States

Good read, I too have not flown for a long time, so this will be helpful to me.  Thanks.  
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules