Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remembering Uncle Abraham- Memorial Day
1127 13 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

I have been working on incorporating different types of footage (drone, osmo, whatever else) into one video. I hope you enjoy and hope that this video helps you appreciate this day, and the freedoms we have, even more.

2017-5-29
Use props
Salty777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Well done. Touching.
2017-5-30
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
2017-5-30
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Most emotional hitting video I've seen today.  I very big thank you for sharing.  Well done and a thank you from me to your Uncle Abraham .
2017-5-30
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-30 14:30
Most emotional hitting video I've seen today.  I very big thank you for sharing.  Well done and a thank you from me to your Uncle Abraham .

Thank you. Glad to know it moved someone.
2017-5-30
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Haneyca Posted at 2017-5-30 19:31
Thank you. Glad to know it moved someone.

When you've been and seen all those husbands, dads, sons, brothers (and uncles) all buried in lines its hard not to be moved.  It's a shame a majority of the next generation has already forgotten.  We had TV Mini-Series on the 100 year anniversary of WW1 called "Our World War".  Filmed not to glorify, but to show as realistically possible the story of 4 different soldiers during the war (taken I believe from true accounts).  It was very enlightening and sobering.  Anyway.. Thanks again for sharing..
2017-5-31
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-31 00:59
When you've been and seen all those husbands, dads, sons, brothers (and uncles) all buried in lines its hard not to be moved.  It's a shame a majority of the next generation has already forgotten.  We had TV Mini-Series on the 100 year anniversary of WW1 called "Our World War".  Filmed not to glorify, but to show as realistically possible the story of 4 different soldiers during the war (taken I believe from true accounts).  It was very enlightening and sobering.  Anyway.. Thanks again for sharing..

That sounds fascinating. My long term goal is to use some of this footage and some of the other footage I have and create something that teachers can use in their classrooms to help kids understand how important this is. I think good visuals paired with good stories have a much greater impact than a few paragraphs in a textbook.
2017-5-31
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Haneyca Posted at 2017-5-31 13:10
That sounds fascinating. My long term goal is to use some of this footage and some of the other footage I have and create something that teachers can use in their classrooms to help kids understand how important this is. I think good visuals paired with good stories have a much greater impact than a few paragraphs in a textbook.

I would totally agree.. that with the personal touch (eg. you) would lead to a connection... that is wasn't a movie or story of fiction, but it could happened to anyone, (ie. them), that all those grave are people, not just names and numbers, but real people...  I fear in this moment of world history, it is probably more important than anything, to understand that war is an evil that should be avoided whenever possible, however sometimes it's necessary to remove a greater evil (ie. WW2).
I am afraid I fear Trumps actions on the global stage, the North Korea's unpredictability, Russia's influential expansion through conflict, stealth and external political interference..  
There are so many smoldering fires.. let alone ones currently burning (Syria / IS)
Sorry, that's enough off forum topic.. (sometimes it's good to share your worries though)
Anyway.. see your video is also thought provoking and always current..
Take care and thanks for sharing.. Let's hope your next one is just as good.
2017-6-1
Use props
chainmon
Captain
Flight distance : 2624892 ft
  • >>>
United States

What can I say!!! You did your Uncle Abraham and family proud!!!! And you conveyed your story perfectly with different shots. I started to watch trying to pick out where you used different devices, ie osmo, drone etc...but found myself compelled to your story instead. Exactly what a great story should do.  One hint however, I would turn your background music down just a bit so I can hear your dialog a bit better.
You did a great job!!!
2017-6-1
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

chainmon Posted at 2017-6-1 05:00
What can I say!!! You did your Uncle Abraham and family proud!!!! And you conveyed your story perfectly with different shots. I started to watch trying to pick out where you used different devices, ie osmo, drone etc...but found myself compelled to your story instead. Exactly what a great story should do.  One hint however, I would turn your background music down just a bit so I can hear your dialog a bit better.
You did a great job!!!

Wow that is quite the compliment! I'm glad I was able to draw you in. I really wish I knew more about my Uncle Abraham to be able to do a more in depth look into his life but I think old letters and things have been lost at this point. But, kind of like what I said in the video, I plan on keeping his story going for as long as I can.

Appreciate the feedback and encouragement, you can't get better without it. If you would like to know what devices I used at certain points just let me know. Hopefully I will remember haha!.
2017-6-1
Use props
chainmon
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haneyca Posted at 2017-6-1 06:21
Wow that is quite the compliment! I'm glad I was able to draw you in. I really wish I knew more about my Uncle Abraham to be able to do a more in depth look into his life but I think old letters and things have been lost at this point. But, kind of like what I said in the video, I plan on keeping his story going for as long as I can.

Appreciate the feedback and encouragement, you can't get better without it. If you would like to know what devices I used at certain points just let me know. Hopefully I will remember haha!.

Did you have any issues in airports with your drone and batteries. Did you carry on and how many batteries did you bring? What phantom did you use? Keep up the great work!!!
2017-6-1
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

chainmon Posted at 2017-6-1 09:34
Did you have any issues in airports with your drone and batteries. Did you carry on and how many batteries did you bring? What phantom did you use? Keep up the great work!!!

I used a Mavic and took 3 batteries. No problem in the airports. Carried all of it in my book bag. Also had the Osmo and two batteries in my bag too. In the US flying over they didn't say a thing. On the way back I flew out of Amsterdam and they did ask me to unzip the bag and show them the drone and batteries so the could see that's what they were. I was a little surprised the Osmo didn't cause more of an issue because the case does kind of look like a gun case but no problems anywhere (well, at Disney World one security guard made me pull the Osmo out of the case but judging by his reaction I think he just wanted to see the camera).
2017-6-1
Use props
chainmon
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haneyca Posted at 2017-6-1 12:11
I used a Mavic and took 3 batteries. No problem in the airports. Carried all of it in my book bag. Also had the Osmo and two batteries in my bag too. In the US flying over they didn't say a thing. On the way back I flew out of Amsterdam and they did ask me to unzip the bag and show them the drone and batteries so the could see that's what they were. I was a little surprised the Osmo didn't cause more of an issue because the case does kind of look like a gun case but no problems anywhere (well, at Disney World one security guard made me pull the Osmo out of the case but judging by his reaction I think he just wanted to see the camera).

I have been checked every time I fly with my Osmo, and you are right its either the smallest violin or a handgun. I have yet to fly with my drone.
2017-6-1
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

chainmon Posted at 2017-6-1 12:28
I have been checked every time I fly with my Osmo, and you are right its either the smallest violin or a handgun. I have yet to fly with my drone.

Maybe they will see this and change the Osmo case. I've only flown twice in the US with the Mavic and they haven't batted an eye. I also have a friend who has a Phantom in a giant book bag type bag and he travels with it frequently and said he has never had a problem.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules