2847 44 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighCamera
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm starting to think I might be the only one who is using DJI Goggles with Phantom 4 Pro. Nothing too wierd to report except for some disconnect issues, I mainly wanted to compare experiences with some one who is flying the same hardware as me. Maybe too early on the delivery schedule, or maybe I'm the only one.

2017-5-29
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I pre-ordered mine from a company here in Canada, I'm going to be using it on my Phantom 4. I might end up getting the module for the remote.
2017-5-29
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HighCamera,

I am getting mine tomorrow and I will test them with the MAVIC, the P4P and the P4P+ and I will let you know.

Did you upgrade to the new APP version or not? I will be trying them with the .700 version first.
2017-5-30
Use props
EagleEyezz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4022 ft
United States

I pre-ordered mine through BestBuy. Just waiting for them to get in stock
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you already tried swapping the USB cables to troubleshoot the disconnect issues?
2017-5-30
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RE: Goggles?

I am using the latest versions / firmware on all. I flew for about 5 minutes and had a disconnect. Landed and turned everything off, then re-started and used a different cable and was able to use goggles again for about the same amount of time. I still have control of the AC. only the goggles go away. I had the wife wearing them so nothing was being adjusted or messed with. Head tracking mode on, gimbal control. no video recording. I will test some more tonight. Technically they work but actually they don't also.

2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-30 18:25
HighCamera,

I am getting mine tomorrow and I will test them with the MAVIC, the P4P and the P4P+ and I will let you know.

If you're using on P4P, the App is not being used at all. I have my tablet disconnected and in the case. USB cable straight to the remote. It will matter on the Mavic tho. Curious to see your results!
2017-5-31
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I tried mine out this weekend with disappointing results, the app was doing funny things the entire time I was flying and I'm not sure if it was because of the goggles or the last update or both.
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-5-31 07:08
I tried mine out this weekend with disappointing results, the app was doing funny things the entire time I was flying and I'm not sure if it was because of the goggles or the last update or both.

Mavic Pro?
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

EagleEyezz Posted at 2017-5-30 20:43
I pre-ordered mine through BestBuy. Just waiting for them to get in stock

Good luck man!
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 06:12
If you're using on P4P, the App is not being used at all. I have my tablet disconnected and in the case. USB cable straight to the remote. It will matter on the Mavic tho. Curious to see your results!

Hey, thx for the info, saved me some time.
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Floreto Posted at 2017-5-31 07:08

Oh Oh! What kind of results are you talking about?
2017-5-31
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I have a P4P+, the app was reacting slow to commands like when I'd push the record button it would take 30-60 seconds before it would start recording.  I was in class B airspace and even though I have authorization to fly there I kept getting the geo fencing warnings the entire time I was flying.  This made using the goggles impossible and after a few minutes I just took them off.
2017-5-31
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-5-31 08:36
I have a P4P+, the app was reacting slow to commands like when I'd push the record button it would take 30-60 seconds before it would start recording.  I was in class B airspace and even though I have authorization to fly there I kept getting the geo fencing warnings the entire time I was flying.  This made using the goggles impossible and after a few minutes I just took them off.

On mine I am getting blurry writing,all the data are doubled. Could not adjust them! I will be shipping them back tomorrow. {:4_157:}
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 06:02
I am using the latest versions / firmware on all. I flew for about 5 minutes and had a disconnect. Landed and turned everything off, then re-started and used a different cable and was able to use goggles again for about the same amount of time. I still have control of the AC. only the goggles go away. I had the wife wearing them so nothing was being adjusted or messed with. Head tracking mode on, gimbal control. no video recording. I will test some more tonight. Technically they work but actually they don't also.

Has trying different USB cables made any sort of difference? Could you happen to verify which versions are on the aircraft at the moment?
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-31 09:13
On mine I am getting blurry writing,all the data are doubled. Could not adjust them! I will be shipping them back tomorrow.

Just to clarify, is the live feed from the aircraft alright and it's solely the text? Which aircraft are you using and what firmware versions are you running on it?
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

V01.03.0509

Says Current.

Tried a few different cables. They all worked, just not for very long
2017-5-31
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

Mine ship June 10th, I'll be on a cruise till the 17th, I'll tell you after that!
2017-5-31
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-31 16:05
Just to clarify, is the live feed from the aircraft alright and it's solely the text? Which aircraft are you using and what firmware versions are you running on it?

only the text. on all the drones, version .700

Thx
2017-5-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are not the only one and I have not had any trouble at all with my goggles disconnecting with the P4P.  I am using the cable supplied with the goggles mini USB to "A" USB.  My longest flight with the P4P and goggles is about 20 minutes and about 23 minutes with the Mavic. Head tracking work awesome for both drones!!

I prefer to fly the Mavic Pro with the goggles though. So far, I do not like the fact that you can't have the iPad and the goggles connected at the same time. I am assuming that you could put a "Y" "A" USB connector at the remote and then connect both. I have not tried this yet.

Love the goggles and taking my time with them.

Rich
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for reporting that. Just curious, do you have an HDMI module installed on your remote? I got one a few months ago (part 54 from DJI) to fly with Fat Sharks. All the ports seem to be working fine but I am starting to suspect the micro usb on the port since no one else is having this trouble

2017-6-1
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Micro usb or mini usb I'm not sure what to call it
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-1 05:18

Did you try the HDMI cable that cam with the goggles? If it work then you know it is the USB port if not then it is the entire module is defective.
2017-6-1
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-1 06:48
Did you try the HDMI cable that cam with the goggles? If it work then you know it is the USB port if not then it is the entire module is defective.

Yes I had been flying with the fat sharks and also dji goggles work with hdmi cable. Seems funny that the usb part of it always works at first then disconnects. Seems that if it was faulty it would not work at all. I'm gonna put the original one back tonight and see the difference. Do you have the module on your P4P ?

2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-1 07:56
Yes I had been flying with the fat sharks and also dji goggles work with hdmi cable. Seems funny that the usb part of it always works at first then disconnects. Seems that if it was faulty it would not work at all. I'm gonna put the original one back tonight and see the difference. Do you have the module on your P4P ?

No I Have the P4P+ which has the module. I did not try it on the regular P4 which has the module and let you know. But again I tried the USB and the HDMI and both are working.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-1 05:18

The thinner one is micro USB, the one that's more square-like is mini.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-1 05:19
Thanks for reporting that. Just curious, do you have an HDMI module installed on your remote? I got one a few months ago (part 54 from DJI) to fly with Fat Sharks. All the ports seem to be working fine but I am starting to suspect the micro usb on the port since no one else is having this trouble

If you've already got the HDMI module installed, then I'd give dronist's advice in post 23 a try. That would be able to tell you for sure, Please keep us posted when you have the chance.
2017-6-1
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-1 12:44
If you've already got the HDMI module installed, then I'd give dronist's advice in post 23 a try. That would be able to tell you for sure, Please keep us posted when you have the chance.

Post #24

2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Sorry, I missed that one. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the random disconnects don't happen with a regular mobile device but it's only with the goggles, correct? It is possible to have intermittent success/failure on a bad USB port could be due to a semi loose USB connection. If you've tried enough cables to rule out a USB connection from that end, then the port itself has to be the issue. Try the original USB module as you previously mentioned and keep us posted on the outcome.
2017-6-1
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-1 14:20
Sorry, I missed that one. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the random disconnects don't happen with a regular mobile device but it's only with the goggles, correct? It is possible to have intermittent success/failure on a bad USB port could be due to a semi loose USB connection. If you've tried enough cables to rule out a USB connection from that end, then the port itself has to be the issue. Try the original USB module as you previously mentioned and keep us posted on the outcome.

Just got done going back to the original module and things seem to be working. In my case it's very important to do things in a certain order.

• turn on tho RC with nothing plugged into it
  • turn on the AC and wait a few secs
  • plug the usb cable into the goggles
  • plug the other end into the remote
  • power on the goggles

I was even able to use a 10 ft. cable. I'm still not buying the whole loose cable thing. All the connections feel tight and why wouldn't this affect the connection to the tablet if it was a loose cable or bad plug? I wonder if I can return the HDMI module part 54 for a refund?
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-1 17:12
Just got done going back to the original module and things seem to be working. In my case it's very important to do things in a certain order.

You said you've had the module for some time, correct? It most likely will not be eligible for a refund. You should still be able to have it further tested and replaced via the repair center.
2017-6-1
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ordered it 4-21-2017

2017-6-2
Use props
Capt Walk
New
United States

Since we are talking goggles, I have paid for some on the DJI store but not received them yet. I have a P4P+ what's the difference using HDMI vs USB? Why two possible connections? Can I use the head tracking function?  Will DJI ever make this combo wireless in the future like the Mav?  I hate all the cables that's why I purchased the pro+.
2017-6-2
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Capt Walk Posted at 2017-6-2 05:43
Since we are talking goggles, I have paid for some on the DJI store but not received them yet. I have a P4P+ what's the difference using HDMI vs USB? Why two possible connections? Can I use the head tracking function?  Will DJI ever make this combo wireless in the future like the Mav?  I hate all the cables that's why I purchased the pro+.

I don't have the P4P+ I have the P4P and when I had the add-on hdmi module I was able to connect using hdmi cable. Lots of missing functions this way but it does work. usb gives you the head tracking and more menus. I can't remember exactly what's missing in hdmi

2017-6-2
Use props
Capt Walk
New
United States

So the HDMI is used for someone who is flying along with you, while the pilot flies off the controller screen or PAD and the USB allows the pilot to fly in FPV with all the functions? can you use both at the same time?
2017-6-2
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Capt Walk Posted at 2017-6-2 06:31
So the HDMI is used for someone who is flying along with you, while the pilot flies off the controller screen or PAD and the USB allows the pilot to fly in FPV with all the functions? can you use both at the same time?

I really can't say about the P4P+ I do know that you can use phone/tab and hdmi at the same time on the P4P. NOT usb and phone/tab at the same time on P4P. Since you don't need the usb out to hook up your screen it might be possible to use usb and screen at the same time

2017-6-2
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying my P4P with the goggles for a while now. Not had any problems with USB but don't really like taking the tablet out of the loop. Just recently started using the goggles via hdmi. I think I like that better.

Am looking forward to the P5 with occusync which will make to goggles more user friendly.
2017-6-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-1 05:19

No HDMI module installed in my remote. Using the USB cable and works perfectly.

It your iPad works with your remote, then the USB port is okay and will work with your goggles.

Rich
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Based on that, a refund wouldn't be likely. Just to iron out a few more things, though, have you tried using that same 10ft cable with your previous mobile device just to see if you get any disconnects with it? If your mobile device isn't experiencing the same issue, then I may be a little too quick to suspect that it's a hardware issue with the module itself. There is a chance that it's a compatibility/functionality issue between the use of the HDMI module with the goggles that may need a firmware update to make the combination more stable. I'm checking with the development team just to make sure, so that way you could hopefully avoid having to needlessly send it in.

Unfortunately since there hasn't been anyone else with a similar combination that has spoken up as to whether or not they're experiencing the same thing, It makes it a tad difficult to give you a straighter answer on this. For now, your option would be to either keep the original USB module installed so you can use the head functions of the goggles, or reinstall the HDMI module and use the HDMI connection for the FPV live feed experience until there's a better resolution for this.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Capt Walk Posted at 2017-6-2 06:31

If you connect the Goggles via HDMI, yes you can use them at the same time with the mobile device connected via USB. You would just enable the dual video output function in the image transmission section in the Go app.
2017-6-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules