Lake Willoughby, Vermont - 3 Image HDR
738 7 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
603photog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457959 ft
United States

Took a ride up to Lake Willoughby in Northern Vermont, this weekend.  Even with a light wind and the thermal zones created by the lake surface plus on-again/off-again cloud cover, the gimbal on my Inspire 1 v2 was steady enough that I was able to take three-image exposures to combine into HDR composites like below.  Image alignment was pretty much spot-on across the three exposures.  That's pretty impressive for an unstabilized aerial platform!

2017-5-29
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Nice shot! Which HDR software did you use? To me, it has a bit too much saturation though.
2017-5-30
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

By the way, the Inspire is a stabilized aerial platform - wouldn't know why it isn't.
2017-5-30
Use props
603photog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457959 ft
United States

It's actually the opposite of a stabilized platform.  A stable platform in professional photography means a tripod or other mount fastened to a solid surface (ground, wall, floor, ceiling, whatever).  Regardless, like I said, I'm pretty delighted with it.  To be able to capture multiple exposures in windy conditions and be able to align them with minimal artifacting is pretty neat.  I align and blend in Photoshop CC.
2017-5-30
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

fivetonine Posted at 2017-5-30 00:14
By the way, the Inspire is a stabilized aerial platform - wouldn't know why it isn't.

I am guessing he means not a terra firma platform, ;-)

"stable platform in professional photography"  and the word professional was used for what reason? (it adds nothing to the statement)
a stable platform means that, a stable platform.. how it's achieved is not the point really.

But yes, I get what you are saying.. DJI kit is amasing, it makes us look good.. :-)

For your first HDR using your drone, it is pretty cool.. let's see some more in the future.
Good luck and happy flying!
2017-5-30
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

I've been using HDR for landscapes for about 4 years now with my ground camera and have started working with the Inspire. You've done a great job with this one.
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I love the color! Thanks for sharing.
2017-5-31
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft