Brand new P4 advanced PLUS factory new faulty battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

hello crew,
after years being DJI customer i am getting really frustrated with my brand new P4 advanced+

sold my P3 and bought the new P4 because the app on my P3 made me crazy! always crashes inside app, blacksreens, bugs, disconnects you name it!
so i bought the new P4 advanced plus with build in screen to prevent all this madness and guess what: same issues again but this time worse.
- app crash regulary at least 1-2 times each flight when changing to 4k (screen goes black and i must download 1 photo then the screen come back on - strange bug?!)
- today DJI app completely stop respond and screen went black, never came back on so i had to let the P4 come home blind
- camera works perfect in one flight, next flight all images are blurry and out of focus even i tap the focus multiple times

after 2 days i realize that the battery pack which was inside the P4 almost completely discharged out of the box have a damaged cell.
so i fly it empty careful to 30% after first recharge to let the BMS do its job and balance cells but first cell never come up to 100% so voltages always like:

4.25V 4.35V 4.35V 4.35V fresh from charger.

in midflight you can see that first cell specialy is much lower than others

third day i decide not to waste more time and send the faulty battery back for replacement.
i got the message that the battery arrived and i can enjoy the "FREE REPAIR SERVICE"
below that stand another message: battery can start a drone and cell votages are in "acceptable parameters" so they will send the damaged battery back WITHOUT repair or replacement. i tried to contact DJI to talk about this issue but no result in service chat.

lithium batterys are my job. i can see that this cell will cause problems. not next week but in some months when time is over that they can replace it for free.
if my P4 crash someday from falling out of the sky because 1 cell dies mid air i will be so mad

i want to love the P4 but until now i am not impressed with DJIs policy to bring out one buggy update after another and not help customer who just spend thousands of dollars for new equipment.

by the way the other battery which came in the box is totally fine and in perfect balance...

IMG_6953-Optimized.JPG
IMG_6931-Optimized.JPG
2017-5-30
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

CAS-671640-T1J2L9 CRM:0228000010342
2017-5-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's my understanding that a deviation of 40 mv or even a lot more than that is within specs and nothing to be concerned about.  
2017-5-30
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

not acceptable and should be replaced. if i use full throttle in sport mode the voltage on first cell will go down alot more. thats a sign of a damaged cell.
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Our repair team has inspected the voltage, the battery in in good condition, the differential pressure is within our normal range , please check the performance during flight and contact us anytime if there is any problem.
2017-5-31
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 03:32
Our repair team has inspected the voltage, the battery in in good condition, the differential pressure is within our normal range , please check the performance during flight and contact us anytime if there is any problem.

yes i saw that - thanks for reply there.
i took the video down for now to prevent damage for DJI company from negativ press.
i will test the battery but even now i see performance loss from the 3 flights i made compare to my second toally fine and perfectly balanced battery and come back to you when the first cell start to cause real problems.

numbers you see on battery info page are NOT what i am concerned about.
mid flight when battery is half empty and first cell is always orange while all other 3 cells are still shown as green: well that worries me and as soon i feel uncomfortable to fly this battery anymore because i risk to lost the P4 i will send the battery back again. or better i drive to shenzhen directly and talk to your guys in HQ about this.
thanks for now
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-5-31 07:36
yes i saw that - thanks for reply there.
i took the video down for now to prevent damage for DJI company from negativ press.
i will test the battery but even now i see performance loss from the 3 flights i made compare to my second toally fine and perfectly balanced battery and come back to you when the first cell start to cause real problems.

We have arranged the flight test and it is normal during flight, the situation you described didn't happen, have you kept any screenshot?Please provide to us if there is.
1111.png
2017-6-1
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-1 02:26
We have arranged the flight test and it is normal during flight, the situation you described didn't happen, have you kept any screenshot?Please provide to us if there is.

whooooooooooot? this is definetly NOT what i see while in flight before. i watch battery level VERY careful at new lipo packs. no screen shot now. but i will check it later in my log

voltages in mid flight where more like: 3.68V 3.75V 3.75V 3.74V

now it seems the battery is totally fine and if it stays like that i will agree to fly it. no more trouble.
but you understand when i charge the battery full and the lipo show 4.25V 4.35V 4.35V 4.35V, an experience customer start thinking whats wrong. BMS had enough time to balance it but first cell voltage dropped down alot after some minutes which means weak cell.

screenshot you show me looks like a different battery or a repaired one. so whatever happend to this lipo: thanks!
send it back, i will fly to a tropical island soon and will enjoy the experience.

@ MODERATOR: threat can be closed - thanks you again
2017-6-1
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-6-1 07:08
whooooooooooot? this is definetly NOT what i see while in flight before. i watch battery level VERY careful at new lipo packs. no screen shot now. but i will check it later in my log

voltages in mid flight where more like: 3.68V 3.75V 3.75V 3.74V

i have only these at the beginning of flight.
anyway. i will keep an eye on that. thanks for help guys.

IMG_6948-Optimized.JPG
IMG_6949-Optimized.JPG
IMG_6950-Optimized.JPG
2017-6-1
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-1 02:26

hi guys,
its been a while since i send my battery. its obviously repaired or whatever happend to it. so you can send it back. i didnt get any message anymore. already send out?
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-6-4 09:30
hi guys,
its been a while since i send my battery. its obviously repaired or whatever happend to it. so you can send it back. i didnt get any message anymore. already send out?

We apologize for the late response, the battery is still the one you sent in. we have informed repair team to send back your battery as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-4
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-4 19:36
We apologize for the late response, the battery is still the one you sent in. we have informed repair team to send back your battery as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.

ok thanks!
i will fly to another country and need it in some days. put it in a box and send out. i am only 50km from shenzhen so it should be not too difficult to get it in 1-2 days by SF express.
cheers
2017-6-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

hello DJI,
here we go again - lol.
thank you for "testing" my damaged battery for almost 2 weeks and let me know multiple times that the lipo is "in repair by your engineers"

i got the box today (thanks for the quick heads up and fast delivery), open it up and made a short flight with my p4 plus.
i told you several times that i am an battery expert and cell 1 will cause more problems later. DJI said: there is no problem with this battery and i can relax.
after finish my own short test today i got following error message:
3ca5280c-070c-4785-a37a-55ceb26ffcc2.4339614@!1200.jpg
cb073dac-0980-4816-ae6a-22103f135c4e.713205@!1200.jpg
2017-6-7
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

this whole situation is so sad DJI.

from now on i will handle this battery like it should be handled from beginning.

thanks for your effort DJI
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules