Replacement Mavic got a crack on the left arm
1474 4 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Just as the title suggest, I got a replacement for my Mavic about 2 weeks ago. Just today, I noticed the one that I got has a hairline fracture at the left arm. So I want to get you guys opinion, I am really reluctant to send it in because of the waiting time. So, if I want to fix it using an UHU will it void the warranty or any vital component in that part? Or should I sent it in one more time and wait for 4-5 weeks again? I have sent so many emails to DJI that when they reply to me the title is "Suspected spam".

Thank you,
Lok

DSC_0445.JPG
DSC_0446.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 15.01.09.png
2017-5-30
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Have you flown it since getting it or did you notice this first? Not that it makes a difference but it might help with your repair if it was received cracked or they may say you did it and it isn't covered under warranty.
2017-5-30
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

It looks to me there is a crack on the other side of that landing leg too. The crack looks new to me also.
2017-5-30
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I would ask DJI if you can repair it yourself.
If they agree and confirm this by email i would put some superglue on it or take the advice on phantompilots
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... o-fix-cracks.74050/
2017-5-30
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-30 09:09
I would ask DJI if you can repair it yourself.
If they agree and confirm this by email i would put some superglue on it or take the advice on phantompilots
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/what-glue-do-you-use-to-fix-cracks.74050/

I just superglued them together and it looks like new. Just that I wished they sell more spare parts for Mavic because I do not need the whole arm, I just need the landing gear to be replaced and that can be done in 5 minutes. DJI service is not that helpful except from the moderators in this forum.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules