I'm thinking of buying an OSMO+, but reviews are mixed
1721 4 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I'm thinking of purchasing an OSMO+ for non-professional video (vs my old Canon T2i).  I've read many mixed reviews and I'm still up in the air about pulling the trigger, so to speak, on this purchase.  I know I may be asking a biased group, but what do you think are the biggest pros and/or cons about the Osmo+?  And if you own one, would you repeat your purchase?  That is, are you pretty happy with your OSMO+?

Thanks in advance.

2017-5-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Since you have read the review and you are aware of DJI's support and response time to issues. You will be able to make up your mind. If you are after the gimbal, you should consider also new cameras like gopro 5 or MFT camera with OIS. A lot of camera has OIS now and probably much easier to use and set up. I don't like the idea of getting out Osmo, add the phone, waiting for connection, add the external mic. Then when you are not using it, it is dangling with all these assessories while you are looking for another shot.
2017-5-30
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I've been into video since the days of DV tape. I'm an average Joe that would like to capture family memories for pleasure and entertainment. I'm no Francis Ford Coppola, and don't apologise for that!
I've had some pretty good cameras, including the Canon GH10 (still sitting in a drawer somewhere!).
I bought an Inspire as a hobby and was blown away by how stable the video was. Its aerial footage knocked spots off what my 4k phone kicked out in terms of watchability. So I decided to get the Osmo and went for the plus because zoom definitely has its uses.
Combining the footage from the Inspire and the Osmo+ has created home videos I could only dream of a few years ago. When compared to the shaky, jerky videos I made before, the stuff I do now is on a completely different level. Nowhere near as good as the stuff some of the experienced people post here, but 1000% better than what I made before. My family can sit and watch short home videos without being seasick :-)
Yes, there are imperfections... tell me of any piece of technological hardware that doesn't have them. But for me, a non-pro, I'm over the moon with it. I would not hesitate to buy either again.
Good luck with your decision, and whether you decide DJI, GoPro or anything else, gimbals will change the game for you.
Cheers.

2017-5-31
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Salty777 Posted at 2017-5-31 07:28
I've been into video since the days of DV tape. I'm an average Joe that would like to capture family memories for pleasure and entertainment. I'm no Francis Ford Coppola, and don't apologise for that!
I've had some pretty good cameras, including the Canon GH10 (still sitting in a drawer somewhere!).
I bought an Inspire as a hobby and was blown away by how stable the video was. Its aerial footage knocked spots off what my 4k phone kicked out in terms of watchability. So I decided to get the Osmo and went for the plus because zoom definitely has its uses.

Salty777, thank you SO much for the feedback.  I think I'm in the same category as you with respect to why I record videos.  I live north of San Francisco, where there's a new-ish DJI store.  I think I'll be paying it a visit this evening.
2017-5-31
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

You're welcome and good luck! Make sure the store has a reasonable return policy, just in case!
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules