Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I need a bigger power unit
729 5 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter Groom
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I really like my Osmo but I can cope no longer with the short battery life.
What do I need to buy to give it a "big battery" instead of the tiny batteries that go inside the handle ?

Ive seen the dummy battery adaptors that give a cable.
What does that plug into?
Something like a Phantom 2 or 3 Intelligent flight battery?
What do I then use to charge the flight battery?

Any heads up would be much appreciated

Peter
2017-5-30
Use props
dopey-tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

do you have a dji drone?
I also have the inspire so have the adapter & cable to use with an inspire battery. Lasts for hours.
2017-5-31
Use props
Peter Groom
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-5-31 00:09
do you have a dji drone?
I also have the inspire so have the adapter & cable to use with an inspire battery. Lasts for hours.

No drone. Just a DJI Osmo stabilized camera
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Osmo external battery extender can prolong the operating time of the Osmo by connecting to external power sources such as a dedicated DJI charger or Intelligent Battery. If you don't have the DJI drone , I'm afraid it will not  be very convenient, you may need to purchase the intelligent battery and it's adapter, please check the supported device here: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender
2017-5-31
Use props
Peter Groom
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 01:59
The Osmo external battery extender can prolong the operating time of the Osmo by connecting to external power sources such as a dedicated DJI charger or Intelligent Battery. If you don't have the DJI drone , I'm afraid it will not  be very convenient, you may need to purchase the intelligent battery and it's adapter, please check the supported device here: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender

So could I buy a flight battery for a phantom 2, 3 or 4, and buy the battery extender and it will work.

How to the flight batteries get charged up. Directly into a power socket or do i need anything else?

Peter
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The flight battery need to be charged by it own charger, in other words, you need to buy charger of battery as well.
In addition, Battery to DC Power Cable needs to be purchased,too.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules