Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone blinking yellow and both RC'S won't link to anything
14416 19 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193934 ft
United States

Hi guys my inspire was a gift it had sat in a closet for a few months but got fresh batteries but both RC's wont link to drone or the dji go app i have tried the manual link with drone and RC's but nothing i have a solid red light on the controller and drone is blinking yellow like the compass needs calibration but does nothing and RC's seem to not take to jump drive firmware update any help would be appreciated
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Does the aircraft indicator display fast yellow flashing? If so, the RC need to be re-link to the aircraft. Have your tried link manually by pressing C1+C2+Record button at the same time, when you hear 'd-dd', release them and press Camera setting dial quickly. Then press the pair button in the drone. The indicator in RC must be solid green. If not working, could you please provide us the firmware version of RC and aircraft?
2017-5-31
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The linking as DJI Mindy suggest will ONLY work if on compatible firmware , plug the go app into the RC transmitter and have the Aircraft off , what version does the "About " tab say the RC is on  ?  This will give us and Idea of what firmware should be on the Aircraft . This will only work if you have the "Aircraft Disconnected "warning ... If you have the "Disconnected " on the Go app then we have another issue and you wont be able to read the data on the "About " tab .

Do not do any update  unless you know how to do it properly , otherwise you could make a muck things .
What does the Go app say ?  does it say "Aircraft disconnected " or "disconnected "  Check this with the RC transmitter on and connected to the go app .  The AC is off . If it syas AC disconnected then the RC is communicating with the Go app device .  If it says "dixconnected . then the go app and the RC are not communicating with one anothere .....BIG difference

What  are you using for the go app device ? ( I pad ?  Android ? Samsung? Two cups and a Piece of string ? )  Make sure it is an approved device espescially if getting the "Disconnected "  header on the go app.  

The yellow flashing light inidcates no connection to the RC transmitter  , and the Red light on the Tranmsitter indicates no connection to the Aircraft .

Was this brand new when you got it , was it used , if so did it work at one time ,need more information .
Do both RC transmitters have red light ?  If one is red and the othere like a light blue then the Red one is the Master and the Othere one is the Slave.  Put the Slave off to the side for now if you can tell the difference .  

Dont update  ( with flash drive ) that RC BEFORE the Aircraft anyway , that can open up PaNDORAS BOX .  Updates should be done via go app whenever possible .
I will get back with you later today Or at the latest tomorrow morning , same time .

donnie

2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you update any firmware updates on either the RC or aircraft prior to this happening? If not, Mindy's advice should do the trick. If you did do any updates, then please answer Donnie's inquiries at your earliest convenience.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for all the input guys so here is the missing info ..... It is new out of the box I had a red light on the RC and the yellow blinking light (fast blinking) so I tried the manual link as I was not connecting to either drone or app the app does says "Disconnected" not "AC DISCONNECT" I did press c1 and c2 and record etc. And still not working so I did update the firmware via gimbal as dji said it would update my battery and controller and nothing second controller is also a standing red light with same issues as the other controller and bought separately so I'm ok d of at a loss I have contacted dji they are no help and just want me to send it in and I have watched video after video
2017-5-31
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Also I'm using a LG style 2 plus and it does have the specs to use the app with but just to make sure I hooked up a ipad, iphone, and my galaxy tab all the same issue
2017-5-31
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Donnie I'm read to try the 2 cups and string lol
2017-5-31
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans8a729cc5 Posted at 2017-5-31 19:26
Donnie I'm read to try the 2 cups and string lol

The big problem here is you have a "disconnected " on the go app device meaning the RC transmitter is not communicating with the Go app device at all .  This is bad .  It can be caused by not using an approved device, a bad HDMI module , Old firmware on the RC that will not recognize the go app , Or even a faulty;ty cable between the RC and go app .

So lets start with the Go app communication with the RC, if we can't get this going then we are in trouble.

What are you using for the actual Go app ? Did you load the correct one ?  you want the Go app for the Inspire 1 and the Phantom Advanced or Pro .  The Go App 4 for the Inspire 2 will not work .

Are you plugging into the USB port on the RC transmitter ? Dont use the other ports, only the USB port  on the back off the Rc transmitter .

Can you try another cable ?

Can you get hold of an I pad  Pro or I pad air ( latest models with lots of power, A9 Processors )  ?  ( do this if the above ideas  will not work) these are the gold standard ( In my mind anyway ) If these wont work , nothing will .......As far as the Go app device , if we have a bad HDMI port or Firware from ancient times it still will not work.

You may have super old firmware on the RC transmitters that the current go app will not recognize , there are ways to get this to work but it is a bit complicated .  Try the above suggestions and lets go from there .
Also I am a bit confused , are you saying that you did update the Aircraft ?  with an SD card installed to the camera ?  If so did it work ?  
Also both RC transmitters say "disconnected "  .... that would be odd for both to fail....... Makes me think  wrong GO app, or bad cord , Or super old FW that the Go app does not recognize.
You are trying to open the Go app with the Inspire as the Aircraft correct ?  make sure of this and does the Oval on the Inspire Go app page say "How to Connect "  or does it say "camera". More than l;ikely it just says "How to connect "   Once again this indicates that the Go app has no communication with the RC transmitter, It is acting just like it is not connected at all .

You also tried to update the RC via a thumb drive correct ? if so what did you try to load it with ?  what firmware ?  
*** A piece of string and the two cups .... I use little lines like this to make sure folks are reading the Post .... so I appreciate you  recognizing my attempt at humor !!

donnie

2017-6-1
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

So I have used multiple cables I'm going to try a iPad today and yes I have updated the aircraft with micro sd in camera and thumb drive on the RC. It was the newest firmware on both and I'm using the dji go "go create" app and I see camera not the "how to connect" and I'm choosing the the right inspire not the inspire raw ill screen shot and post
2017-6-4
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Screen shots of app
Screenshot_2017-06-04-10-01-17.png
Screenshot_2017-06-04-10-01-03.png
2017-6-4
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Ill post how it goes with the ipad
2017-6-4
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

How can I fix if the firmware on the RC is to old to work with the new app
2017-7-12
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

I downgraded the inspire finally and rephrased it now she flys great thanks everyone for the help
2017-8-27
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Reupgraded*
2017-8-27
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

So you rolled back the Fw on the Inspire and Now it works ?   does it work with the Current Go app Or did you update to the current FW ?

Just wondering what you did so we can help members in the future .
Glad you are up and running , just take your time and go slow , this hobby is a TON of fun !!

thanks

donnie
2017-8-28
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Hey donnie so yes I did roll back the firmware thanks to a link by another member on a inspire forum, so I did it to the RC only then updated thru the app to the latest firmware as the inspire already been up dated and bam video and total control
2017-8-28
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Ill dig up the link to the old firmware and post it up and thanks all for the help .....now if I can only get my P3P to show me a live feed while I fly and ill be set ......DJI needs to work on this whole firmware issues with every craft I see it, as it stands now a flaw then helping
2017-8-28
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans8a729cc5 Posted at 2017-8-28 08:00
Ill dig up the link to the old firmware and post it up and thanks all for the help .....now if I can only get my P3P to show me a live feed while I fly and ill be set ......DJI needs to work on this whole firmware issues with every craft I see it, as it stands now a flaw then helping

Make sure you are on compatible firmware is the big thing, next is to look at the hidden file after doing an update on the SD card.  If you still have the log from the Phantom you could look at it and look at lines 0800 and 1500 , If they day "Device Not Detected " You will need to send it in .  If you no longer have the Sd card , you can simply load the FW again to the Sd card and then to the Aircraft's  camera, this will provide the log that you can read and figure out what is going on .

I dont need the file as I have them all on my PC, thank you for the offer though .  

good luck and thanks for the update

donnie

2017-8-29
Use props
fans8a729cc5
lvl.1
United States

Hey Donnie so I have another quick question my P3P will not downgrade or upgrade (but does have latest firmware) on the RC but the craft its self won't upgrade is there something wrong with it I have followed every step to do it to a tee
2017-8-31
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans8a729cc5 Posted at 2017-8-31 08:48
Hey Donnie so I have another quick question my P3P will not downgrade or upgrade (but does have latest firmware) on the RC but the craft its self won't upgrade is there something wrong with it I have followed every step to do it to a tee

Read my tips page , make sure also that you have the correct FW for the aircraft if you are tying to roll it back . Remember you can only go back ONE SEQUENTIAL  UPDATE  ( up or down )  so if at 1.10 only can go to 1.9. Or if at 1.9  only back to 1.8.  if at 1.8 only back to 1.7   etc. ( Not sure the exact Firmware version numbers but you get my point )

Be sure to look over my tips page , perhaps you will find the error, there are many possibilities .
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

Be sure you confirm the FW that is currently loaded on the aircraft , be sure of it I have seen many members try to upgrade or rollback not realizing they were already updated or NOT updated at all.  Bottom line is confirm what FW is on the AC CURRENTLY  be sure Double check this .

If in doubt go the Log on the SD card or look at the Go app "about " tab at  the bottom of "General settings" , be sure  the entire system is on so you get accurate information .

donnie
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules