Five Finger Strand - Donegal - Ireland
1102 5 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

So putting all the disagreements about who can do what to my drone etc, I should actually remember I own a Mavic!

I was away for the weekend, didn't get much time to take any footage. I would have loved to go back again the next night and retake all this footage having reviewed it properly, but you do the best with what you have!!

So here is the Five Finger Strand, found just off Malin Head, the most nothern tip of Ireland. The signs are pretty clear, don't walk on the sand dunes, they are too dangerous... Stay away from the cliffs, they are too dangerous..... stay away from the river, there is quicksand..... stay out of the water, there are are dangerous tides... Sure that only left one thing... GET THE DRONE OUT!

2017-5-31
Use props
Yoshimitsu76
New
Ireland

Great shots! I like how you reversed flying at 0.55 sec and you were flying at the same speed of the waves so hard to perceive movement for a second or 2. Lucky to find a calm day in that part of the island... would imagine it's quite windy usually. Hoping to get a shots like that around Dublin (Howth, Bray, Greystone) but they are always very crowded so best to them at sunrise (which is like 4.45am this time of the year!)
2017-5-31
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Ireland

Yoshimitsu76 Posted at 2017-5-31 06:21
Great shots! I like how you reversed flying at 0.55 sec and you were flying at the same speed of the waves so hard to perceive movement for a second or 2. Lucky to find a calm day in that part of the island... would imagine it's quite windy usually. Hoping to get a shots like that around Dublin (Howth, Bray, Greystone) but they are always very crowded so best to them at sunrise (which is like 4.45am this time of the year!)

Thanks!

Yeah, I was watching the screen on the phone as it started and was lucky to be able to just match the speed of the wave coming in

I find the Mavic is really very strong in the wind. It was pretty windy when I took that footage too. I think they big thing to remember is not to travel to far away when its windy, you dont want to get stuck fighting the wind trying to get back and running out of battery. But really, I have only found one occasion where it was just to windy to get the Mavic up.

I have more footage of Malin Head, trying to do something with it, just not happy with the brightness and colours
2017-6-1
Use props
geezieboy
New
Netherlands

I really like this.
2017-6-1
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Very Beautiful area, where most of us from America can't visit, unless things have loosened up in the Northern Territory.  Thanks for posting this!
2017-6-1
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Ireland

MavicMule Posted at 2017-6-1 07:49
Very Beautiful area, where most of us from America can't visit, unless things have loosened up in the Northern Territory.  Thanks for posting this!

We have had open borders with Northern Ireland for many many years now!

I crossed the border 3 times just travelling from my home to the hotel we were staying.

Also, this beach is in the Republic, and could be accessed without crossing the border, it would just involve a lot more driving

Eitherway, your welcome!

I only just found out, if I had been there at low tide I could have got footage of a ship sunk in the 1800's
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules