Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smooth Head Tracking with DJI Goggles on Mavic Gimbal?
3920 7 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0a20e0c3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

Hello, I just have a question on what the DJI goggles can do. I know that they can do head tracking with the mavic and move the gimbal in real time, but is there a way to do this so that it is a smooth motion when shooting film? For example if I were to control the movement of the drone but control the gimbal with the head tracking without it being jerky?
2017-5-31
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

There's currently no way to adjust the sensitivity of the head tracking, so the smoothness -- or lack of it -- is completely dependent on how quickly you turn your head.
2017-5-31
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.3
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-31 08:06
There's currently no way to adjust the sensitivity of the head tracking, so the smoothness -- or lack of it -- is completely dependent on how quickly you turn your head.

Thats a bummer.. It would be nice to see this get included into a software update later on.
2017-5-31
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

No, not at this time.  I've tried to do it as smooth as possible, but even holding your head completely still doesn't work!  It's not noticeable thru the goggles, but it sure is on a big 4k TV.
2017-5-31
Use props
Daggerfall
New
United Arab Emirates

That is a biggest problem and kills all the potential of making amazing videos with the goggles.

I tried my goggles yesterday. It was fun while flying but very disappointed when I watched the videos in my computer.

It is a must for DJI to provide a new software to reflect the head movements to the drone exponentially and provide adjustable sensibility.
2017-6-5
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.4
United States

That might be rough for me too.  Mine are on order, but a substantial part to owning this mavic is to shoot some fine video keepsakes and for youtube.  Goggles are for my eyes to see more clear, but I wanted to use them for head tracking my video shots as well.  Has anyone tried stabilization software yet?

-Rodger
2017-6-5
Use props
Daggerfall
New
United Arab Emirates

Hi,

With the new update it is much better. Now you can adjust the sensitivity and track objects very smoothly!

Thanks
2017-6-9
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules