Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loose X4S Exterior Camera Lens Creating Poor Image Sharpness
913 5 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedRaptor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94892 ft
United States

Hello,

I have flown my I2 with its X4S a few flights now. All my photos and vids are all a little fuzzy and not real crisp like I would expect. When I first picked up the X4S before I ever even mounted it to the I2 I noticed a noise that was unusual. It makes a clank sound as you move the camera slightly. I chalked the noise up to the gears or something on the inside of the camera or gimbal and didnt worry about it as the camera functioned fine on a basic level upon first inspection.

I was inspecting the camera after the last flight after I uploaded my pics and vids to my computer and found that my glass in my lens is loose inside the bezel. Its the removable lens, so not a huge cost if DJI wont replace it. Hopefully getting a lens without the loose glass will tighten up my shots. Was going to purchase some polorized lenses for it anyway.

I hope the lens is the problem with my shots, I was expecting better images from this than I am getting currently.

What do you think about this?

2017-5-31
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Is it the lens or the filter that is loose? Either way it should not be rattling around. You may have to send it in.

Mark G.
2017-5-31
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-5-31 08:54
Is it the lens or the filter that is loose? Either way it should not be rattling around. You may have to send it in.

Mark G.

It's the filters glass lens. It must have came unglued. I took it off and it was just being held together with the small gap in between the filter casing and the camera itself.
2017-6-1
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

RedRaptor Posted at 2017-6-1 09:56
It's the filters glass lens. It must have came unglued. I took it off and it was just being held together with the small gap in between the filter casing and the camera itself.

Sounds like you need a new filter. What filter do you have fitted?

Mark G.
2017-6-1
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-6-1 10:37
Sounds like you need a new filter. What filter do you have fitted?

Mark G.

I haven't purchased a filter kit for it yet, so the only one I have is the clear one that the X4S came with.
2017-6-1
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Well I decided to just simply glue the glass back into place. It was obvious where they had the glue on it to start with. I cleaned it up and re-installed it. It isn't perfect (slight smudging/streaking from glue) but I don't plan to use it much after I get my PolarPro Filers I just ordered. I have a case number from DJI but they wanted me to send the whole camera in with it and that was an unacceptable solution.

So if there is a Mod out there who wants to help with this I will get you my case number.

Thanks,
RedRaptor

2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules