UPDATE #3 -Received the Goggles & Tried them on P4P, P4P+, MAVIC ...
12Next >
3576 52 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Update # 3

Got reading glasses and tried the goggles again they are little bit  better but still it takes a lot maneuvering to get the writings really  in focus but still NOT 100%.  

Few pros and cons and will do more updates later:

P4P Flying:

Pro
- Ran full battery no disconnect using the USB.
- Turning around was extremely smooth no jittering at all on the screen and on the videos. (I was filming 4k 48fps).

Con
- Exposure was on AUTO and the screen was extremely bright for AUTO and it seems it did not adjust.
- When you take a picture it is quick BUT the screen turned balck and white for almost 45 seconds before the color came back.
- I used flying around was very responsive but again the AUTO EXPOSURE was on the bright side

Update # 2
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tried the googles on a the P4P using USB, P4P+ using both HDMI and USB connection and the MAVIC and flew all three with NO ISSUES except,
When am wearing my glasses, letters and numbers are blurry and it was hard trying to find a sweet spot to adjust the viewing make the blurring dissapear.

I am going to purchase some corrective reading glasses tomorrow and I will take the goggle with me to make sure it works well.
I can't wait to see the look at the people faces when I'll try them in the store.    

I am still using the .700 FW

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update # 1

Yup, just received both googles but am charging both of them right now.

Took some picutres for now.

I will be updating in few hours.

The package was really nice, as usual, no broken parts, no dust inside the glasses or scratches with both googles, wow. Yeh, I know! Lucky I guess.

I will try them with the P4P+, P4 and then with the MAIVC.

Please feel free to post your own experience so far!

2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

After a week I'm getting sad. Been testing all morning and have constant disconnected. I hope you can use with P4P.

2017-5-31
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 10:40
After a week I'm getting sad. Been testing all morning and have constant disconnected. I hope you can use with P4P.

Might be cancelling mine if they dont sort that out, silly question but have you spoke to DJI ?
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 10:40

I thought you were doing good!  Which FW are you on? I am going to try it on the .700 first.
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-5-31 10:56
Might be cancelling mine if they dont sort that out, silly question but have you spoke to DJI ?

Have not. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong on this end first. I think I am all out of things to check so I will try to contact them. I've never had to talk to them before, I don't even know the best way to start. One of the support options is to come here!!
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 11:09
I thought you were doing good!  Which FW are you on? I am going to try it on the .700 first.

I have flown about ten minutes or so total. The rest of the time has been trying different cables and different orders of turning things on. I updated to the latest firmware when I got them, I'm not sure what the number is right now (charging) I'll be checking your progress on the P4P

2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

I just tried them on the P4P+  and it connected automatically withou me doing anything. It only connected thru USB though.
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just tried the HDMI cable connection and it worked fine. But I am having issues with the reading glasses. Taking so much time to get the right sweet spot. ahhhh!
2017-5-31
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 12:12
I just tried the HDMI cable connection and it worked fine. But I am having issues with the reading glasses. Taking so much time to get the right sweet spot. ahhhh!

One thing i can suggest about reading glasses is you need to move the distance from eyes around and conventional ones are a pain with any VR glasses I use ones called NOOZ google em and they are PERFECT for under goggles because no arms to hinder positioning ..
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You say you have a P4P without the + to try them on?
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing this .700 FW is Mavic. I don't have a Mavic
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

wobbles Posted at 2017-5-31 12:44
One thing i can suggest about reading glasses is you need to move the distance from eyes around and conventional ones are a pain with any VR glasses I use ones called NOOZ google em and they are PERFECT for under goggles because no arms to hinder positioning ..

I tried to reduce the size for the screen to the lowest did not work. I tried bringing out as much as I can closed and also did not work.

I googled NOOZ and they don't ship to the US. arrrrr
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 12:45
You say you have a P4P without the + to try them on?

I just tried on the P4P and they worked fine. I did not fly long enough to see any disconnect but they worked off the bat. I will try them longer later if I have time.

I will be trying the MAVIC next and yes I amusing the .700 FW.
2017-5-31
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 12:59
I just tried on the P4P and they worked fine. I did not fly long enough to see any disconnect but they worked off the bat. I will try them longer later if I have time.

I know what you mean about the focus. If I can get mine straightened out, I'm going to have my eye doc make me some special lenses. Otherwise my main reason for getting them was to share flight experience with friends and family. I wish there was a focus mechanism onboard to go with the IPD adjustment
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 13:30
I know what you mean about the focus. If I can get mine straightened out, I'm going to have my eye doc make me some special lenses. Otherwise my main reason for getting them was to share flight experience with friends and family. I wish there was a focus mechanism onboard to go with the IPD adjustment

I know, I thought with that price range they should thought of something to accommodate millions of peoples with glasses???
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 12:59

Glad to hear all is well thus far, barring the glasses portion, I'm sure you'll find the right setting.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-5-31 11:39
I have flown about ten minutes or so total. The rest of the time has been trying different cables and different orders of turning things on. I updated to the latest firmware when I got them, I'm not sure what the number is right now (charging) I'll be checking your progress on the P4P

I've responded to you on your own thread.
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-31 14:50
Glad to hear all is well thus far, barring the glasses portion, I'm sure you'll find the right setting.

Thx Jamie,

Can you check to see if it is possible that the transmission is blurring the letters and numbers only.
Maybe it is a defect of some sort?

I say that because I also used FAT SHARK before and never had an issue with them.

Thx for the quick response.

2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Just tried the goggles with the MAVIC and everything is good. The goggles linked to the MAVIC in few steps and started flying. No issue, again I am on the .700 FW with the MAVIC. I will more extansive flying with each drone again tomorrow!
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 15:47
Thx Jamie,

Can you check to see if it is possible that the transmission is blurring the letters and numbers only.

So the live feed itself is fine? Is this only when connecting to units that use USB, or is it the Mavic as well?
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-31 16:04
So the live feed itself is fine? Is this only when connecting to units that use USB, or is it the Mavic as well?

Jamie,

It is blurry on ALL the DRONES, using USB or HDMI. All the data on the screen are blurred no matter how I adjust the screen size.

The live feed is fine in both USB and HDMI. It is all the other information like the height, distance, power etc.

Kind of annoying!  

2017-5-31
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 16:00
Just tried the goggles with the MAVIC and everything is good. The goggles linked to the MAVIC in few steps and started flying. No issue, again I am on the .700 FW with the MAVIC. I will more extansive flying with each drone again tomorrow!

I just ordered the Goggles but they won’t ship till July 4th.
Did you say that with the Mavic the letters were not blurry?
I asking because I need reading glasses & it’s about time to get new ones so if the letters are blurry I have plenty of time.
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-5-31 20:44
I asking because I need reading glasses & it’s about time to get new ones so if the letters are blurry I have plenty of time.

Yes it was blurry on ALL the drones... {:4_157:}
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-5-31 20:44

I am going to stop at lens crafters tomorrow to see if they have these cheap corrective lenses.
2017-5-31
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 20:49
I am going to stop at lens crafters tomorrow to see if they have these cheap corrective lenses.

Let me know how it goes?
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-5-31 22:59
Let me know how it goes?

OK Will do!
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update # 3  

Got reading glasses and tried the goggles again they are little bit better but still it takes a lot maneuvering to get the writings really in focus but still NOT 100%.  

Few pros and cons and will do more updates later:  

P4P Flying:

Pros

- Ran full battery no disconnect using the USB.

- Turning around was extremely smooth no jittering at all on the screen and on the videos. (I was filming 4k 48fps).

Cons

- Exposure was on AUTO and the screen was extremely bright for AUTO and it seems it did not adjust.

- When you take a picture it is quick BUT the screen turned balck and white for almost 45 seconds before the color came back.

- I used flying around was very responsive but again the AUTO EXPOSURE was on the bright side.

2017-6-1
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

I had the same issue with the blurring data on the screen. I tried the corrective glasses but did not help. I am returning mine.
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am the E Posted at 2017-6-1 18:05
I had the same issue with the blurring data on the screen. I tried the corrective glasses but did not help. I am returning mine.

Sorry to hear that. I am waiting one more day to do more testing and then I will decide.
2017-6-1
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

im watching this thread. i an on the second run of  pre orders so i will get some in july as well.

ive a p4p plus and i wear glasses. i will order a pair of those nooz as they are good for headphones too!
2017-6-1
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-31 16:04

I have just ordered the Goggles & will need use glasses, is there any hope that they will someday give us a way to change this in the software? Like the way my camera has a setting on the back of camera to set for my bad eyes?

So if it worked with the “FAT SHARK” then it must be a setting, also if I am understanding this thread the video is in focus but the menu is not, that doesn’t make any sense?

What about everything being in metrics? The Drone lets you pick how you want to see information metrics or imperial so why don’t the Goggles follow thru with the settings? This will drive me crazy (not that far from it anyway).{:4_177:}

I am starting to think that maybe I made a mistake ordering them between the menus not on the same focus point as the video & speed etc. are in metrics only, is this going to get fixed?

I just notice that i am not in the Mavic Forum. But it sounds like the same problems happening on the Phantom & the Mavic?
I am going to post this in the Mavic thread sorry if any confusion
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2017-6-1 22:01
im watching this thread. i an on the second run of  pre orders so i will get some in july as well.

ive a p4p plus and i wear glasses. i will order a pair of those nooz as they are good for headphones too!

I checked on amazon the NOOZ don't deliver to the US.. I don't know about Canada? Let us know!
2017-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-6-1 22:44
I have just ordered the Goggles & will need use glasses, is there any hope that they will someday give us a way to change this in the software? Like the way my camera has a setting on the back of camera to set for my bad eyes?

So if it worked with the “FAT SHARK” then it must be a setting, also if I am understanding this thread the video is in focus but the menu is not, that doesn’t make any sense?

I iwll be posting in the MAIVC today after I do full battery flight. Yes it is NOT the drone it is the Goggles!

I was waiting on Jamie to get back to me but nothing yet!
2017-6-2
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-2 06:15
I iwll be posting in the MAIVC today after I do full battery flight. Yes it is NOT the drone it is the Goggles!

I was waiting on Jamie to get back to me but nothing yet!

I also posted the last one to Jamie.
I would think that if you get better results from the other Fat Shark Goggles (sharp on both video & menus) that they too could fix this problem?{:4_181:}

How would I get the NOOZ it the USA? Anyone have any ideas it sounds like a good temporary work around, not a fix just to get by.

Its Friday that means that it better be good flying this weekend.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I'm awaiting on some feedback from the development team in order to better move forward with this, I'll let you know what I find out.
2017-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 11:53
I'm awaiting on some feedback from the development team in order to better move forward with this, I'll let you know what I find out.

Great,

Thx Jamie! I don't want to loose the 7 days return window.
2017-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-6-2 08:41
I also posted the last one to Jamie.
I would think that if you get better results from the other Fat Shark Goggles (sharp on both video & menus) that they too could fix this problem?

They are british1 company and they don't deliver to the US. You can go to their website and check with them.
2017-6-2
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

Just got mine a couple of Day's ago for my P4P AND I LOVE THEM very easy to setup and use....
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-2 15:25
Great,

Thx Jamie! I don't want to loose the 7 days return window.

Just to cement your return/exchange time frame, you should start a case with Support so that it will ensure that you've notified the appropriate team within the proper time frame. While you may have notified us here, the Support team is the one that actually initiates the return/exchange process. 7 days is generally for refunds. If you were looking for to exchange them, then you do have a longer 14 day time frame.
2017-6-2
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI How can you release these goggles without testing them so they perform as advertised? It appears that DJI leaves it up to the consumer to test their products once again. We seem to see the same pattern every time a new product is released. Why can't DJI just get it right? It is hard to be loyal when this continually happens. DJI needs to work on a few areas of their business and get back on track to rebuild customer confidence.
2017-6-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules