Flying in central business areas with high rise buildings
620 5 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gangle
lvl.1
United States

Flying in central business areas with high rise buildings is new to me, because the areas that I fly are more rural and prone to development. I've been asked to video a site in an area that has highrise buildings around the site. What can I expect in the way of interference? Thanks for any help-Gary
2017-5-31
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

The normal caution should apply. Probably survey the site for wires/light poles. Understand whether there is any local elements that would affect your flight eg draft, sun orientation. I would also suggest a 2 men team to operate the drone. Please also find out whether local council permission is needed eg. time and day of week.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur with DTK. Also, I want to emphasize that you should have your RTH height set high enough to clear the buildings should interference or signal loss occur, which is very likely in a high rise situation. Worse case, you may want to have it set to hover so that you can get into better position to regain control accordingly.
2017-5-31
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Yeah, setting RTH is a big deal don't miss this. Smaller drone probably will give you more space to work on.
2017-5-31
Use props
gangle
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info.  I'm hyper careful, so I'll not be taking any chances. Video is the object, not the flying!
2017-5-31
Use props
gangle
lvl.1
United States

I will operate with a 3 man team in this occasion especially!
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules