Used/Refurb Bubble Wrapped Mavic Pro Sent Instead of New?!
1407 11 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

Guys...

As I've stated elsewhere, I paid DJI in February for a FUNCTIONAL NEW MAVIC PRO. Instead of a functional new mavic pro, I was sent a DEFECTIVE NEW MAVIC PRO.  I've been in the nightmare that DJI calls support for 3+ months now - due to NO FAULT OF MY OWN.

After DJI failed to repair the defective Mavic Pro and after many charged discussions, DJI agreed that I would be sent a FUNCTIONAL NEW MAVIC PRO as I'd paid in February for... Then the days and weeks passed without DJI doing what they promised me.  

Frustraited, yesterday I again turned to the forums and to social media to share my experiences in the hopes of getting help and a fair outcome for me.  Quickly, DJI took to social media, responding in seemingly friendly and helpful ways - as usual.  I then recieved a UPS shipping notice, indicating that I was being sent a package from DJI overnight.

Today, the overnighted package arrived. Its contents?  A refurb/used Mavic Pro wrapped in bubble wrap and paper.  There are scuffs on the unit and it's clearly been handled (not new).  This is not at all what I requested, what DJI agreed to, nor is it WHAT'S FAIR TO ME (instead, it's what's easiest and most cost effective for DJI).

It's pretty obvious to me, since I paid DJI directly for a working new Mavic Pro in Feb, that I be sent the FUNCTIONAL NEW MAVIC PRO that I was never actually sent by DJI. DJI - why is this such an impossible notion for you to understand?  In what world is it okay to send a paying customer who's suffered for months due to your messing up a used device rather than the new device that they paid for.  I am sure that you guys feel all proud that you 'helped' me after 3 months of torturing me, but you shouldn't - if I wanted a used unit, I would have saved money and bought a used unit. I wanted a new unit, so I paid you guys $1400 for a new unit - which I've never gotten.

I'm so tired of dealing with DJI. I've become convinced that you are incapable of doing what's right and fair for your customers - that your number 1 goal is to protect the company and to save the company money, even if it means that this is at the direct cost of the customer.  I just don't even know what to say at this point - it's obvious that you don't care to actually listen anyways.
2017-6-1
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

MentalEcho, I feel for ya, bud.  Many other stories on here that will absolutely tear your heart out.
2017-6-1
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-6-1 08:23
MentalEcho, I feel for ya, bud.  Many other stories on here that will absolutely tear your heart out.

Yeah, man.. It stinks.. I just don't get it...  Good companies are like "Oh, man. We dropped the ball and the customer is now paying for our mistakes. We need to make this right - we need to go above and beyond to regain the trust that they've placed in us by giving us their hard earned money"... DJI seems to be more like "we will string them along and frustrate them until they are about ready to give up on humanity as a whole - then they will just take whatever we decide to give them and be happy with it"... It's terrible.
2017-6-1
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

I really don't know how they have an A- on BBB  
2017-6-1
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

Quick update...

After updating on here and tweeting the update @DJISupport, I was contacted by someone stating that they were calling me from the California facility.  The rep, who indicated that they weren't with customer service but instead with a different group related to repairs, wanted to review my situation with me.  

I again went through my spiel, trying to keep a cool head, while also conveying the gravity of the situation the best that I could... Citing my posts on here with timelines, my post on Reddit (which was actually gilded today, which for those who don't know means that someone (who probably relates) found my post about this situation to be worthy of special recognition), and my tweets as sources where additional details could be found...  
Side note: It's so difficult to tell your story dozens of times to different people over multiple months - makes you feel like you're losing your mind...this keeping my cool and repeating my experiences time and time again has proven increasingly challenging for me - after a dozen people have sworn to help you, only to not get truly helped by even one of them, it's hard to not respond as if they too are personally out to screw you over... But I digress...

Unlike the reps before him, this guy didn't try to convince me that I was an isolated incident... This guy actually listened, empathized and owned my complaints - at times even providing explanations/insite into the support issues and whatnot... No ground breaking insider info or anything, but just your run of the mill "hugely successful product. can't keep up. overwhelmed."... Honestly, it was refreshing to not feel like I was again being lied to... Note to support - you should take pointers from this guy... Your continuing to assert "isolated incident - everyone else in the world is super happy with DJI" after I've cited no less than a dozen other recent instances that can be easily found on the Internet only infuriates your customer and makes you come across as a shill/tool/puppet...
Anywhos... So... After reviewing with this this new non-support guy, he makes me an offer. "How about we send you out a brand new Mavic in the box ASAP and you send back the refurb? Fair?"... I could have cried... I probably would have kissed him were he standing here - and I'm a happily married straight dude.  I indicated that this was exactly fair - that this was exactly what I'd been asking for for more than 2 months now...  I also expressed my doubts - "This sounds great.. But I've been lied to by so many people at DJI before.. I've heard some of these things exactly before - yet here we are, talking about the various ways I've been screwed over by DJI since I first turned to them for help.."... The guy again didn't try to convince me of anything untrue or contrary to my experiences - he just reiterated that he was being truthful and that he was going to handle it all just as soon as we hung up.

About 15 minutes after hanging up, I got an automated email to begin processing the return - which, based on my terrible experiences thus far, started to look like more of the same old non-helpful support to me... Then about another 20 min later I got an email directly from the guy's DJI work email (not a generic no response email) - in the email was an overnight tracking number along with a picture of a new Mavic Pro in the box...

So... There's the not so short 'quick' update... I'm not counting my eggs just yet.. I will believe that I am getting help when my mavic is delivered to me - but I am optimistically hopeful that this guy is on the up and up, and that after a terrible few months that I'm finally getting the help that I set out to get.

2017-6-1
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

please pm me the e-mail address, MentalEcho
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-6-1 13:34
Quick update...

After updating on here and tweeting the update @DJISupport, I was contacted by someone stating that they were calling me from the California facility.  The rep, who indicated that they weren't with customer service but instead with a different group related to repairs, wanted to review my situation with me.  

It's good to hear this is getting sorted.
2017-6-1
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33917 ft
United States

Quick update...

I'm having the same experience with my 3 month old Mavic... I crashed it  with minimal damage and the sent an older one barely packed. It's like getting someone's drink after they've had a sip. I'm so mad I could spit nails!

Congrats on the new one, no crashing though... ! ha!
2017-6-2
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Hope you'll get your brand new Mavic.
But sadly what happened seems standard procedure.
I have never heard or read a story of someone getting his own Mavic back after a repair.
They are all refurbished ones with an other serial number.

Please keep us informed
2017-6-2
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man... Hope it works out for you. I can't believe that this is a thing with DJI.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mikitjang
lvl.2
Denmark

Quick update...

What a beautiful story - at least the ending. I really hope that my own struggle is going to end up the same way some day.. But I really have my doubt as you also had.

If you want a good weekend read while eating popcorn, here is the link to my case:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=660014
2017-6-2
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

So.. Final update on this...

I did get overnighted a brand new, in the box Mavic Pro! Where Support proved incapable of helping me for more than 2 months, someone outside of the Support dept was able to get me sorted out - in less than 24 hrs!  
The poor guy... As I continued to berate this guy with my negative experiences, letting him know how little I trusted him, he made sure to stress "I am not with Support. I can help you." - I believe that he said Logistics (said "close to the repair department")...  He said that a lot of the staff outside of Support keep tabs on issues and talk about them - stating that DJI was an innovator and a good enough company to work for, but then implying that DJI has become overwhelmed and unable to keep up with the massive success of the Mavic and subsquent support.  He did indicate, as Support has before, that DJI is aware of the percieved issues and is taking steps to attempt to improve them - though he couldn't really give any tangible details that this was going to be happening anytime soon.

Long story longer, he made good... I was sent a couple of more emails from the guy, updating me on the process and sharing tracking numbers with me... In less than 24 hrs, I had a shiny new Mavic Pro dropped off via UPS Overnight!

Unfortunately, at this time, my main take away from my experience is "you have to raise H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks"... I've not seen where politely asking for assistance actually gets you assistance at DJI - seems to actually get you the opposite... I do believe that some people probably get acceptable support - surely they must... I do believe that the delay due to DJI's being backed up is just how things are currently - though DJI isn't doing themselves any favors by continuing to lie about this and they should just own it (people get livid when you've led them to believe the process will be 1-2 weeks and it winds up being a month and a half).  But, based on my experiences, if you begin to encounter issues outside of the normal delay issue, then you're likely to be in for a bumpy ride - and that you're best served in reaching out on every social media platform available to you, with the knowledge that you're going to have to create a big stink frequently before your case will get the attention that it needs (it's a bit of a nightmare, to be honest)...

I wish you guys the best of luck!  I dang sure would only wish the Support process on my most worst of enemies - and I'd even think twice before doing that...  It honestly began to feel like "you've ticked them off - the reason it feels like they couldn't possible be accidentally messing up this much is because they are actively sabatoging your cases"... I'm sure this isn't true, but it dang sure felt like this after multiple months had passed and I could only manage to get damaged, incorrect devices or nothing in return...  One can't help but think of "Heinlein's Razor", which is essentially "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity...".. And I'm not exactly calling anyone stupid, but I do believe that the process is very disorganized currently and broken in many ways - which can come to feel like a conspiracy to screw you out of your money...
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules