Buggy Laggy Useless Android App
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So whats up with the android app?

I have 2 android machines, a wileyfox swift and an asus zenpad c7.0

Both install the app fine but the lag is terrible, i have tried shutting down background apps on both, i have opened developer options and forced GPU rendering, its ok until it gets about 100 yds away and then the glitching is terrible, despite having full up and down stream signals.

My mate had a brand new samsung S8 today and that suffered the same way on his P3A.

So whats going on, i appreciate my tablet and phone arent great specs but the S8?

My old P1 and fpv set up had a far better range, now £700 lighter i feel worse off.

Any tips chaps?

2017-6-1
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

As already said a thousand times : downgrade the remote to 1.6.0 and pay no attention to the red "firmware needs upgrading" message.
2017-6-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And you can roll back the RC from version 1.8 to 1.6 by doing the following:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.6 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-6-1
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks dude, do you mean v1.9.60?
2017-6-1
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks, i am trying that but the downgrade screen doesnt stay active long enough to click on the link.
2017-6-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RevoMikey Posted at 2017-6-1 09:54
Thanks dude, do you mean v1.9.60?

This is a downgrade of the RC firmware, not the aircraft. If your RC is at V1.8 then it may be worthwhile trying the downgrade of the RC (nothing else) from V1.8 to V1.6 as suggested above. There appears to be an issue for many android devices when running V1.8.
2017-6-1
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks again matey, i got the firmwares mixed up, i am trying to downgrade the transmitter but when i hit the 3 lines on the top of the screen the next page doesnt stay open long enough to click an alternate firmware.
any thoughts?
2017-6-1
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

this is getting on my tits now, the app wont let me downgrade, as soon as the downgrade screen appears it disappears not allowing me to select anything.

Is there a different way?
2017-6-1
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

what android? i downgraded my Nvidia tablet to android 6 as opposed to 7, things work now.. however i was experiencing app crashes - you experiencing lag, may be just that the newer versions of the app require much more in the way of resources, and the tablet is too slow? Sometimes wiping the tablet helps.. I've done it 2 times in a year so far....  android seems to not clean up very well with some apps that I guess are not written as efficiently as the may have been.. or perhaps the OS itself slowly bogs itself down over time.....
Either way, u gonna have to go through some pain.. or u could just get litchi.. i did that for about a month.. as i downgraded and GO works now, i am back, but if i did not resolve the issue, i would have continued to use litchi....
2017-6-1
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, i have the same issue with litchi and go, my mate used a brand new samsung s8 today and we still had the same issue.

It would appear the above advice reverting back to 1.6 is the solution but my dji apps wont allow me to do it, can it be done on sd?
2017-6-1
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ok, update, it would appear that the android device must have "developer options" turned off, as soon as i did this the download screen worked.

downgrading as we speak, fingers crossed!!
2017-6-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RevoMikey Posted at 2017-6-1 11:43
ok, update, it would appear that the android device must have "developer options" turned off, as soon as i did this the download screen worked.

downgrading as we speak, fingers crossed!!

That's good news, at one point about a year ago the USB connection was often the problem and setting USB protocol using developer options on was one fix.
2017-6-2
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Quick update, thank you everyone for your help, I now have a pretty stable and usable system again.

I flew about 500m out and 150m high and experienced very little lag, I suspect the dropped frames I did experience were mostly down to my low spec phone. Can I ask, how far do you all fly before you start experiencing dropped frames?

2017-6-4
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

RevoMikey Posted at 2017-6-4 01:56
Quick update, thank you everyone for your help, I now have a pretty stable and usable system again.

I flew about 500m out and 150m high and experienced very little lag, I suspect the dropped frames I did experience were mostly down to my low spec phone. Can I ask, how far do you all fly before you start experiencing dropped frames?

Never experienced dropped frames
Been flying with 6 android devices(higher-end) for 6 months now
2017-6-4
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks dude, how far out do you fly?
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now