735 6 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helmi
New
Flight distance : 14715 ft
Germany

Hey there,

I only got my Mavic Pro yesterday so please bear with me if I'm doing things wrong.

When I first charged things up yesterday and tried flying I drove out to the R/C airfield of my club. After fiddling around a bit I got a connection but couldn't start the app beyond the start screen when connected to the drone. It crashed without a visible error. Back home I reinstalled the app and somehow got it started. I saw a firmware update sitting there and made the update. Connection worked well after that.

Today my two spare batteries arrived. I charged them up too and used my evening to drive back out to the airfield again. I was able to fly 2 full batteries down and boy was that great. What a nice experience.

Unfortunately, after putting the third battery in I got the same problem again. I had closed the app between the flights and had the phone (iPhone 7 btw) disconnected for a while to check some messages. Putting it back in and switching on the remote and the drone I got the same crashes again. I tried multiple orders of switching things on and starting the app before or after. Result is: When I start the app with the remote not connected (either not switched on or the drone not connected) I can start the app. As soon as I switch the drone on the button to fly turns blue. When hitting it the app crashes.

Being back home now I still have the same issues.

What I tried:

- rebooting the phone (somehow seem to have helped yesterday but not sure)
- switching cables from the original Lightning connector cable (which worked well today for two full batteries) to a high quality Anker cable - no changes.
- tried multiple orderes of switching on/off devices.

What I thought should work but didn't work yet: The app doesn't start automatically when the remote is connected and switched on. Shouldn't this happen?

Versions:
- DJI GO 4.1.0 (2874)
- iOS 10.3.2 (14F89)
- loads of free space (>50GB)

Any idea what's going wrong here? I flew my last battery with the Litchi App now but I think the original DJI App should work fine too - maybe I'm just doing things wrong.

Thanks for helping in advance!
Frank
2017-6-1
Use props
Helmi
New
Flight distance : 14715 ft
Germany

Add: Noticed that I could fix it once again by reinstalling and couldn't reproduce the problem for now (even rebooting the phone, killing the app etc.) didn't bring the crashes back but reinstalling it every day can't be a solution too. So any hints are still apprecited.
2017-6-1
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

My first suggestion would be to put your iPhone 7 in Airplane Mode when you are connecting / connected to the MP Remote Controller.  I would not want anything to try and override the connection between the DJI Go Software running on the iPhone by getting a call / text / e-mail.

Only other quick suggestion is to completely close all your apps and cold reboot the iPhone.  

I'm sure there will be some additional suggestions in a short while.  Good Luck!
2017-6-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

What I thought should work but didn't work yet: The app doesn't start automatically when the remote is connected and switched on. Shouldn't this happen?

No, it should not. At least, it never has for me. Might work that way for Android devices, though.
2017-6-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sometimes your batteries have to be updated as well, though if they're newer batteries they should already have recent firmware. One of the batteries needing an update is the only thing I can think of that could explain your experience, since you've already tested the cable.   

Ok, now that I've thoght about it a bit more I remember people writing that they found pocket lint inside their phone's Lightning port, which was causing connection problems, so you might take a look at that.

2017-6-1
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

I have been having this same kind of behaviour with a new iPad Mini 4.  Combination was working fine until I installed the latest DJI Go4 app, and now I crash or disconnect 4-5 times in a single battery flight.
2017-6-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

I use iPhone 7 or iPhone 6 Plus both on airplane mode and they have never crashed, I would check you don't have restrictions on and check you have allowed the app to communicate with phone (maybe you clicked disallow by accident etc ? )
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules