Can I link the inspire to a different transmitter?
3256 2 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brickpro
New

United States

Is there a way I can link up a different transmitter to the Inspire 1?  (I.E. A futaba transmitter) Because I feel that the the Inspire 1 transmitter is lacking, and that I could do SOO much more with a futaba transmitter.  So, can someone tell me if I can?  I have contacted DJI support, this is crucial to my desicion making.
2015-3-11
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The Inspire One is a well thought out, fully integrated flying camera system.  It is not a R/C hobbyists hackable toy.  This "Remote Control" has a GPS built in to allow a movable home point.  It has a video receiver built in.  It has a telemetry  receiver as well.   It has HDMI output for an external monitor.  It has a USB connection to allow the well integrated system to be controlled from a smart tablet.  Your Futuba has none of these essential systems built in.  You need to study this system and how it is used.

I also fly R/C aircraft and helicopters with a number of different transmitters.  The Inspire One "Remote Control" unit has very good ergonomics and excellent control sticks.  It is a tightly integrated flying camera system.  The Futuba does not fit in this system at all.

If you get your hands on one of these systems and actually fly one you would not ask this question.

2015-3-11
Use props
harleydood
lvl.2
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2015-3-11 10:44
The Inspire One is a well thought out, fully integrated flying camera system.  It is not a R/C hobbyists hackable toy.  This "Remote Control" has a GPS built in to allow a movable home point.  It has a video receiver built in.  It has a telemetry  receiver as well.   It has HDMI output for an external monitor.  It has a USB connection to allow the well integrated system to be controlled from a smart tablet.  Your Futuba has none of these essential systems built in.  You need to study this system and how it is used.

I also fly R/C aircraft and helicopters with a number of different transmitters.  The Inspire One "Remote Control" unit has very good ergonomics and excellent control sticks.  It is a tightly integrated flying camera system.  The Futuba does not fit in this system at all.

I agree with everything you said.  What is sorely missed is the ability to change gain curves with the flip of a switch.  I wish that Futaba would either support DJI video and telemetry protocols (highly unlikely), or DJI would implement a 3-position switch with user-definable gain curves.  For example, I would want full forward/aft/left/right to be limited to 5 mph.  This would really help with flying through the woods and other tight environments.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules