2673 37 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
octm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84695 ft
United States

Hi all.

I bought my Mavic last Thursday (5/25) and on Sunday in a simple flight 120ft from the ground no obstacles, nothing to worry about the drone fell from the sky. I'm really releif that the drone didnt fell on anyone. So I put the drone and shipped to DJI right away, 4 days after i bought it. Today when i called the support they said that will take 10 -15 b. days to get a solution. This is unaceptable! It's a $1000 thing that needs a better suport and a better response time. Mostly because I bought this 7 days ago. So now I'm going to try to return this drone.

I'm really sad about all this experience to myself. No one more then me know how hard was for me to buy this...and all I have is this crappy experience
2017-6-1
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Get the dat posted to dropbox. There's a guy on here on here who wrote datcon, likes to harvest this kind of data.
2017-6-1
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

Same here I called DJI thinking Such a Quality Expensive product would have Apple like Support. NOWAY, Barely spoke English and Didn't even Know What a QR Code. Was. When I explained that my 16GB Micro SD Card no working would not Format I was told my Only option Was to Send in the ENTIRE Drone.  Thankfully I asked for a SuperVisor and explained the Issue they were Very sorry and Shipped me a 64GB Pro Micro SD Card and some Free Propplers as an Appology.
2017-6-1
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

He re is the link. I hope someone can help me out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5grbus4x828rjvw/FLY035.DAT?dl=0
2017-6-1
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Unfortunatlley, this is all standard time.  You just shipped it to them.  Give them a chance before you automatically blast them for "crappy" experience.  Is that even a word?
2017-6-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

IceCold Posted at 2017-6-1 17:23
Same here I called DJI thinking Such a Quality Expensive product would have Apple like Support. NOWAY, Barely spoke English and Didn't even Know What a QR Code. Was. When I explained that my 16GB Micro SD Card no working would not Format I was told my Only option Was to Send in the ENTIRE Drone.  Thankfully I asked for a SuperVisor and explained the Issue they were Very sorry and Shipped me a 64GB Pro Micro SD Card and some Free Propplers as an Appology.

Nobody gives Apple-like support except for Apple. But they're a slightly larger company than DJI. The language barrier is a problem, sometimes, but I've always found that you can get things sorted sooner or later.

A 10-15 day response time is pretty par for the course. My $1200 Lumix camera fell off a tripod and had to be sent to Panasonic's repair facility in Texas, where I had to wait a couple weeks to get their estimate; total turnaround time was 30 days, and Panasonic is also a much larger company than DJI.

Lastly, no one's as bad as the DMV! ;)

But seriously, octm, I'm really sorry to hear that happened, especially after you just got it -- that had to be a gut-wrenching experience. Hope you get everything sorted soon.
2017-6-1
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

I would really love to buy a Mavic but it's these cases that are keeping me from buying one.  I had a recent frustrating experience with a large custom PC builder. I finally received a full refund after 5 long months with various issues along the way.  I learned my lesson in that poor communication really is unacceptable and if I notice that in a company I will avoid them like the plague. I now really do my research on the company as well as the product. My new PC from Puget Systems was an amazing customer service experience! I don't want to experience horrible support with DJI which is a shame because I really love everything about the Mavic.  With these types of tech rich equipment I figure it's not if, but when something is going to fail on it unfortunately. Maybe I'm over reacting based on a limited sample but I keep reading about the negative customer service across different media forums and outlets. I will say that the fact that I'm posting this on a DJI forum does give the company some credit and hopefully things will change. Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I really hope you get your problem solved quickly.
2017-6-1
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Thx. But really it's a 4 day old product. Imagine that at the end I will have a drone for 30 days. But only having with me for only 4.

This is not a repair regular issue. Should be an exchange for something that came with a malfunction.
2017-6-1
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-1 18:15
Nobody gives Apple-like support except for Apple. But they're a slightly larger company than DJI. The language barrier is a problem, sometimes, but I've always found that you can get things sorted sooner or later.

A 10-15 day response time is pretty par for the course. My $1200 Lumix camera fell off a tripod and had to be sent to Panasonic's repair facility in Texas, where I had to wait a couple weeks to get their estimate; total turnaround time was 30 days, and Panasonic is also a much larger company than DJI.

Slightly larger lol? DJI Innovation revenues were 1.5 billion.  Apple's in 2016 were approximately 215 billion.  I think people need to be more patient.  That's the bottom line.  You cannot expect a company as small as DJI to have Apple like turnaround times.  Apple doesn't even assess if an iPhone is actually defective before shipping you out a replacement.  They can afford to do so.  DJI can't.  
2017-6-1
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Nephroghost Posted at 2017-6-1 18:24
I would really love to buy a Mavic but it's these cases that are keeping me from buying one.  I had a recent frustrating experience with a large custom PC builder. I finally received a full refund after 5 long months with various issues along the way.  I learned my lesson in that poor communication really is unacceptable and if I notice that in a company I will avoid them like the plague. I now really do my research on the company as well as the product. My new PC from Puget Systems was an amazing customer service experience! I don't want to experience horrible support with DJI which is a shame because I really love everything about the Mavic.  With these types of tech rich equipment I figure it's not if, but when something is going to fail on it unfortunately. Maybe I'm over reacting based on a limited sample but I keep reading about the negative customer service across different media forums and outlets. I will say that the fact that I'm posting this on a DJI forum does give the company some credit and hopefully things will change. Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I really hope you get your problem solved quickly.

Purchased Fly More Combo April 27th, delivered May 2nd and not ONE problem yet.  Buy the drone and don't listen to all the negative stories.  It's understandable for companies to produce products that are defective.  Most companies these days run of a Six Sigma methodology to prevent as many defects as possible.  Even so, you will have defective products and issues. However, on the other hand, thousands of customers that bought Mavic drones and have flown them with no issues ever.  People crash their drones (pilot error) and want a drone back in a week.  That isn't realistic for a company the size of DJI when they have to prioritize their capabilities and adjust to the increasing demand for their product.  Buy the drone and enjoy it as I am.
2017-6-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

BudWalker is the real expert on these, but to me it looks similar to another one he diagnosed not long ago: everything is fine until the motor voltage plummets even though you still had almost 50% battery left. My guess is that you'll get a warranty replacement.

FLY035-CsvView.jpg
2017-6-1
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Nephroghost Posted at 2017-6-1 18:24

For every 1 complaint on here there are probably 100 users who have zero problems.  Just do it.
2017-6-1
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-1 18:47
For every 1 complaint on here there are probably 100 users who have zero problems.  Just do it.

Amen.  Can't agree more.
2017-6-1
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-6-1 18:52
Amen.  Can't agree more.

Thanks for your input.  Don't hear much of the positives on the forums.
2017-6-1
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Thx droneflying I hope so too
2017-6-1
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Nephroghost Posted at 2017-6-1 19:02

In fact go to any forum for any tech related product and all you will see are complaints:  Apple, Samsung, Sony whoever.  The point is people only go on a forum when they have an issue.  Checking the DJI sales estimates shows they must have shipped over 100,000 mavics worldwide already.  Yet how many complaints do you see?  I'd wager if you went over to BMW or Mercedes forums the complaints would be monumental.  Same goes for Apple, loads and loads of complaints.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for the crash. We will take care of it after it arrived.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-6-1
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

thx @DJI-Thor.
2017-6-2
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Nephroghost Posted at 2017-6-1 19:02

Obviously not lol. That's not human nature. Why would somebody post everything is going OK and good. You only hear the bad is what I'm trying to say.
2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-6-1 18:46
Purchased Fly More Combo April 27th, delivered May 2nd and not ONE problem yet.  Buy the drone and don't listen to all the negative stories.  It's understandable for companies to produce products that are defective.  Most companies these days run of a Six Sigma methodology to prevent as many defects as possible.  Even so, you will have defective products and issues. However, on the other hand, thousands of customers that bought Mavic drones and have flown them with no issues ever.  People crash their drones (pilot error) and want a drone back in a week.  That isn't realistic for a company the size of DJI when they have to prioritize their capabilities and adjust to the increasing demand for their product.  Buy the drone and enjoy it as I am.

I second this, i bought the fly more combo, and absolutely love it compared to my P4P+, just so much easier to setup and fly.
2017-6-4
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Some update. I receive an email today saying:

Dear Customer,

Your Mavic Pro has been evaluated by our repair team.

Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. We will email you an invoice in two to three business Days.

While I can't check any update info on their website I'm a little bit worried about the word invoice in the email. Since this should a warranty replacement. I hope this is a standard message.

2017-6-5
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

here is an update, and how the support is really bad on the chat support they say one thing. on the phone they don't have even an estimate. really sad

http://imgur.com/5KRSSam
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-7 08:31
here is an update, and how the support is really bad on the chat support they say one thing. on the phone they don't have even an estimate. really sad

http://imgur.com/5KRSSam

I do apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support. May I have your case number? So that I will help to check the status, thank you.
2017-6-7
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Hi Mindy, this is my case:
Case Number:  CAS-674162-N9D3Z5

2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-7 21:49
Hi Mindy, this is my case:
Case Number:  CAS-674162-N9D3Z5

It's waiting for the data analysis, I have forwarded your case to appropriate team to expedite the process, please sit tight while we’re reviewing it, we will help you get an update soon.
2017-6-7
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-7 22:30
It's waiting for the data analysis, I have forwarded your case to appropriate team to expedite the process, please sit tight while we’re reviewing it, we will help you get an update soon.

So your online support lied to me correct? And you guys are not following your on timing on the process correct?

Btw sorry to say that but you and all official contacts from dji always keep saying that will expedite the case. You guys need to have a better response and a better support.

2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-7 23:03
So your online support lied to me correct? And you guys are not following your on timing on the process correct?

Btw sorry to say that but you and all official contacts from dji always keep saying that will expedite the case. You guys need to have a better response and a better support.

Your case is handled in normal flow, damage assessment has just finished on 6th, June, it usually takes a few days to analyze the reason of the accident. I do apologize for the unprofessional reply of our online support, but the estimated date may not be given the moment since the data analysis and quotation  hasn't come out.
I do escalated your situation to our designated department, they are working on it, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-7
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

So, just to be clear, is not in a normal flow and I can tell you why:

1. It's a warranty replacement for a 3 days old drone
2. It's already late according to dji processes (1-3 days)
3. A official communication from the company said something to me and assuring that I'll receive my drone back on Monday. ( btw if you see in the image I asked more then one time)
4. It's really unclear where we are on this situation.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-7 23:29
So, just to be clear, is not in a normal flow and I can tell you why:

1. It's a warranty replacement for a 3 days old drone

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, our appropriate team is working on it and should have explained to you the whole things. Slight backlog has put a damper on the overall repair time frame, we are sorry for that, our local repair team is working very hard on it and will get it sorted as soon as possible, we appreciate your patience.
2017-6-9
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

And how about now? Are we still in the normal flow?
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-9 19:49
And how about now? Are we still in the normal flow?

We will have local repair team to keep you updated about the process. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2017-6-10
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Finally got my drone back. But DJI FORGOT TO SEND THE BATTERY!!!! I was clear on all my phone calls and on the claim that the battery was damaged because of the fall and I didn't send it back (dji asks for you to not send). But I can't believe really. Also the package you guys send the drone back is horrible. If anyone here can help me with my battery I really appreciate. Super tired of this
2017-6-17
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Hello? Anyone from DJI can help me?
2017-6-19
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

I had to open a new case! And now it will take 5-7 b. Days to send a battery? Really?  Yes. I guess now your support is worst than DMV
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-19 22:51
I had to open a new case! And now it will take 5-7 b. Days to send a battery? Really?  Yes. I guess now your support is worst than DMV

I'm sorry that I failed to reply your message in time, please click 'Reply' next time if you need our assistance. I apologize for the trouble caused, please provide me your case number, I will help to follow up and help you get it sorted as soon as possible.
2017-6-20
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-20 00:32
I'm sorry that I failed to reply your message in time, please click 'Reply' next time if you need our assistance. I apologize for the trouble caused, please provide me your case number, I will help to follow up and help you get it sorted as soon as possible.

CAS-722629-Z6N2S0
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Your request has been approved, your battery will be sent to you soon, please note the email about the shipping label later. Appreciate your patience very much.
2017-6-22
Use props
octm
lvl.2
United States

Thxthx @DJI_Mindy
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules